Unofficial DB Match-up Discussion/Brainstorm Thread 3.0

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
12cheeper wrote:You are vastly overestimating how much muscle mass increases your durability.Shit,by this logic Naruto wrecks Beerus because he can knock around Rhinos that are way heavier than Beerus.Also,I wasn't referring to Quicksilver.I was referring to fucking Hawkeye and the punisher.

Then again,I'm debating with Mr. All fire emblem characters are regularly people and dragons are only slightly above humans so I'm probably not too bright either.

Clearly we're not going to agree on this.

Also, I didn't say that Fire Emblem characters were "regularly humans". And of course Dragons are better than humans! All I said was that I wanted Fire Emblem in Death Battle and that there are good ones that can be used that are beyond "regular swordsman".

You kinda did way back when in the franchise's still not represented thread.Hell,the fact that you think regular swordsman level is the norm and argued that Tiki is featless leads me to believe you aren't very familiar with the series sans maybe Awakening.Truth be told,I can't think of a single notable character who falls under mundane human levels of strength tbh.Yeah,most dragons are stronger than human characters though that's kinda like saying Justice from Guilty Gear is stronger than a human.It's technically true but saying it like that kinda undervalues just how big the gap is.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm
And this is why FE is an ambiguous mess and the Tales series still remains awesome.
Spoiler
Unlimited Blade Works
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm
DarthGeist wrote:And this is why FE is an ambiguous mess and the Tales series still remains awesome.
Spoiler

It...really isn't though?It's not really any harder than any other RPG series tbh.(hell,it's easier than most)You just have to familiarize yourself with the lore.(especially if you're trying to analyze the god tier dragons)

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:10 pm
DarthGeist wrote:And this is why FE is an ambiguous mess and the Tales series still remains awesome.
Spoiler

Can you please stop talking about how amazing the Tales series is for a moment?
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm
12cheeper wrote:It...really isn't though?It's not really any harder than any other RPG series tbh.(hell,it's easier than most)You just have to familiarize yourself with the lore.(especially if you're trying to analyze the god tier dragons)

The games aren't that difficult sure, but they're really fun and really well written. The dialogue scenes between the characters are all very enjoyable. Especially ones that trigger just as you're going from place to place, adding comedy and expanding on the characters, making you invest more in them. It was something to see in "Tales of Graces" when you start with Asbel as a kid and he's an obnoxious, irritating little shit who almost gets himself and his friends killed because he's being an idiot, and his transformation as an adult where he does everything he possibly can to help people and make up for being that stupid little shit we hated at the start. He actually takes responsibility for his actions, which is kind of refreshing.
justtemporaryyet wrote:Can you please stop talking about how amazing the Tales series is for a moment?

Not a fucking chance, bucko. Also Velvet Crowe best waifu.
Spoiler
Unlimited Blade Works
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm
Spoiler

"let me insult every nintendo franchise and claim _____ franchise is better even though nobody was talking about it"

You need to get the fuck off this forum. Nobody was talking about Tales Of and Nobody gives a shit. If you want to go be a fucking moron, do it somewhere else.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm
I was referring to FE being an ambiguous mess.Which it really isn't.Most protags don't have to worry about loloptional and there's plenty of stuff in lore and gameplay to get a grasp on how powerful everyone is.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Just at what I saw from the wiki, FEs storyline doesn’t seem too confusing.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:Just at what I saw from the wiki, FEs storyline doesn’t seem too confusing.

It isn't in a general broad strokes kind of way but in terms of analyzing how powerful the characters are,it requires looking through the lore.In the case of guys like say Tiki and Naga let's just say that just playing Awakening isn't gonna give you a very good idea of how powerful they are.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 pm
YoshinoVA wrote:"let me insult every nintendo franchise and claim _____ franchise is better even though nobody was talking about it"

You need to get the fuck off this forum. Nobody was talking about Tales Of and Nobody gives a shit. If you want to go be a fucking moron, do it somewhere else.

And you do know that many Tales games are on the Nintendo platform, don't you? And that the first title in the series, "Tales of Phantasia", started on the Super Famicom, aka Super Nintendo, right? Or are you really just that ignorant and incapable of using even the first degree of Goole-Fu?
Unlimited Blade Works
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!