DEATH BATTLE Episode & Opponent Speculation Thread

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:07 am
The mods and I have noticed quite a few off-topic posts about who the next opponent will be in an upcoming DEATH BATTLE. Since people aren’t going to end their much beloved tin foil hat theories, and DEATH BATTLE probably won’t stop revealing combatants one at a time, we’ve decided to make a thread to house this speculation.

Keep in mind the rules for this thread…

1. This is for discussing upcoming episodes that don’t have their own thread yet, and fighters who haven’t been revealed. For example Amy’s opponent for the soon to be newest episode hasn’t been confirmed, so any speculation on who it is or isn’t should be taken here.

2. Once both fighters have been confirmed and there’s an episode thread, discussion related to that fight should be taken to that thread.

3. DEATH BATTLEs that Ben and Chad have confirmed as happening but that haven’t aired yet, such as Galactus VS. Unicron or Smokey VS. Mcgruff, can be discussed here as well. Keep in mind they CAN’T be match-ups Ben and Chad have said they ‘might’ do or have thought about. They need to be confirmed as happening at some point.

4. All standard forum rules apply. Don't be a jerk. It isn't cool yo.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:21 am
The retweeting commences.
https://twitter.com/ScrewAttack/status/ ... 4669884416

As for Amy's opponent considering the hints I'll stick with Ramona, though I won't be too surprised if Sakura is announced as the opponent.
"Might controls everything."
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:24 am
Since Worst Sonic character Amy is in, I think Ramona Flowers would be a nice thematic matchup for her. Their roles are the opposite of each other. Ramona is the object of affection Scott fights for, while Amy tries to chase her object of affection, Sonic. Plus they also use hammers as well.

Though, given the hint Ben dropped on Twitter, I don't think it's gonna happen.
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am
considering this is a suggestion on twitter to fight amy
Spoiler
Lt. M'Ress from the Star Trek Cartoon

i can't be surprised by anything at this point :p

edit: on this thread existance... can't we do "death battle discussion: Amy vs Unknown" and edit the title(and first post) when we know who it is?
seems to be the easiest route
Last edited by Greedow on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would totally watch this poker match.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 am
Huh, they have a different background for next-times now. Neat. Anyway, we seem to be under the impression that Amy's viable opponents, as a default state of being, prior to any hints, are as follows: Princess Peach, Ramona Flowers, Sakura Haruno, Harley Quin, Nora Valkyrie, and King Dedede.

We're all under the impression that the following are all the known, possible interpretations of the given hints, yes?

??? vs. ??????
This hint, assuming that the three letters are, in fact, Amy, rules out three of Amy's frequently suggested options: Peach, Nora, and Roll. Still not ruled out are the following: Sakura, Harley, Ramona, Pinkie, and Dedede.

Multiple people on the research team straight-up saying it's not Dedede
I think we can interpret this particular hint to mean that Amy's opponent is not Dedede. Don't quote me on that.

Picture on Ben's Twitter
What we're looking at is almost definitely a piece of wood, and a rather weathered one at that. This could be taken to mean that Amy's opponent is named after something that grows on trees, which excludes, among those previously listed, Nora, Harley Quin, Roll, Pinkie Pie, and King Dedede.

The picture could also be taken to mean that Amy's opponent is Nora, since Thor is the god of oak, and oak is wood. Another interpretation, a spitballing of mine, is that the wood is painted white, like Harley, who also wields a wooden mallet.

Or it could be supposed that the picture is not wood at all, but instead a bunch of manga pressed together, and that Amy's opponent is from a manga. This would rule out every listed character except for Ramona Flowers and Sakura Haruno.

That said, there are dozens of other ways to interpret the given hints as well. Heck, if we wanted to, we could stretch these hints to say that Amy is fighting Ashley; her name contains six letters and she rides a broom around, which is made of wood. We could stretch the given hints to say that she is fighting Minnie Mouse, since "Minnie" is six letters and the picture Ben posted is in black and white. Or, one joke guess of mine that was taken a little too far by other users, the picture is actually a close-up of a stable, and Amy is fighting Pinkie Pie.

As much as I'd love to guess that Lousy and Ultra are lying to us and Amy's opponent actually is Dedede, I don't think they'd be allowed to do that. Although they have commented on an unrevealed opponent or match-up before, and ruled out particular opponents before (like, y'know, it would seem they're doing now),they've never lied about such, at least not as far as I know.

Fun fact: To my surprise, my brother actually did recognize the name of Ramona Flowers when I talked about this with him. While he was working in a zoo in Alabama, he and his coworkers had nicknames for each other, all of them being Scott Pilgrim characters. Later, they would do something different.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:55 am
I'm pretty sure since its a 2D battle, I think we can cross out Nora because I think there's no sprite sheet for her and if Nora was used it would have probably only be used for 3D Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:57 am
354 retweets and counting

and they could work something out for nora if they wanted to use her in 2d (no reason for it to not be 3d tough)
I would totally watch this poker match.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:13 pm
Wasn't it confirmed that the guy who made Ryu VS Lucario was doing this episode, too? Pretty sure that means it's 2D.

ultraguy wrote:Welp by forum rules I now decree medd the supreme king and overlord of forum debates. Bow down and worship his mighty logic.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:22 pm
It's Sakura.
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:23 pm
Iron Joe wrote:What we're looking at is almost definitely a piece of wood

Spoiler
Mmmmmm tastes like liar.
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!