Super Smash Flash 2 Thread

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:11 pm
Remember when we all thought it was either Ike or Chrom, because there's no way Fire Emblem would get three characters? Aaaah.

I gotta say, I wouldn't quite have minded if they took more creative liberties with Pac-Man, like Crusade did*. I do like the trampoline + hydrant thing, though.

While we're talking about old news, shoutout to Wario's resprite. Looks rad.

*I know Crusade only did so because Pac wasn't confirmed yet when they added him, but I still like how it actually had stuff Pac-Man does in his own games. Why he doesn't use his Butt Bounce in Smash 4 will forever elude me.
Last edited by Iron Joe on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:13 pm
12cheeper wrote:Not very likely.Most of my computers have been steaming pieces of shit but still run the game just fine.

That gives me hope. I'm still considering the PC anyways for Dead Rising 3/4, but I'd rather save money if and where I can. My main concern for SSF2 is just lag. My laptop can handle it near-perfect one day, and then the next, a single match can take forever.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:43 pm
Speaking of originality with characters, SSF2 is going to completely change Mega Man's moves to be like Smash 4's and I'm pissed about it, since Mega Man's moves in Flash 2 is so much better imo.

Nooooope.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:54 pm
HomestuckLover wrote:Speaking of originality with characters, SSF2 is going to completely change Mega Man's moves to be like Smash 4's and I'm pissed about it, since Mega Man's moves in Flash 2 is so much better imo.

Wasn't he able to change weapons on the fly, or something? It's been a while for me.
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm
HomestuckLover wrote:Speaking of originality with characters, SSF2 is going to completely change Mega Man's moves to be like Smash 4's and I'm pissed about it, since Mega Man's moves in Flash 2 is so much better imo.

I still wish this was Captain Falcon's final smash
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8[/youtube]
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:03 pm
Meddadius wrote:

Wasn't he able to change weapons on the fly, or something? It's been a while for me.

Yeah, part of it was that his down B could change his ability and he had plenty to choose from, making him really unpredictable.

Nooooope.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:56 pm
From my understanding, only some of Mega Man's moves are changing to be like Smash 4's Mega Man. They're trying to take the best from both. It's mostly his A moves that are replaced with their Smash 4 equivalents, with jabs and F-tilts not being among them.

http://mcleodgaming.com/2016/05/ssf2-de ... #more-1919

His back air, forward tilt, forward smash, and forward air are the same as ever. His Neutral Aerial is a new attack entirely, which is the Jewel Satellite.

Mega Buster is neutral B, as it should be. Having it as a jab, while unique, just feels weird.

He doesn't change abilities with his down B anymore, though, and I'm not fond of that. At least his new down B, Water Wave, looks cool.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:52 pm
So, who are everyone's mains? I, weirdly, don't play with my usual Smash main, Pikachu, much. I usually go for Sora and Naruto.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 pm
I avoid actual Smash characters at all costs lol. The newcomers are why I'm here, which is probably why I'm willing to tolerate so many of Crusade's flaws, and don't consider Crusade's roster a flaw.

Much like Smash 4, I quite like how the Final Fantasy character plays, even though I have never played a single game in that series. Sora is fun, too. The anime characters seem a little difficult to figure out.

Namek is the worst stage ever, who agrees?
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:56 pm
Iron Joe wrote:I avoid actual Smash characters at all costs lol. The newcomers are why I'm here, which is probably why I'm willing to tolerate so many of Crusade's flaws, and don't consider Crusade's roster a flaw.

Much like Smash 4, I quite like how the Final Fantasy character plays, even though I have never played a single game in that series. Sora is fun, too. The anime characters seem a little difficult to figure out.

Namek is the worst stage ever, who agrees?

Yeah,Namek's pretty bad but I honestly think Skull Fortress is WAY worse.Honestly,I actually like playing as Marth and Naruto.
Marth because he's actually good here unlike in every nonmelee smash game and Naruto because shadow clones are really fun to play around with.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming