Mighty Number 9

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 am
aka the game that completely vindicated Capcom not making a Megaman game for the last 5 years.

THe game has gone over abysmally - even the creator could only say that it was "better than nothing". MAny of the reviewers disagreed on that point.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm
More like a Mighty Number 2, am I right?

I don't know how you make something that bad with the funding of 75212 Undertales; of 12343 Shovel Knights; of two Yooka-Laylees. Maybe the guy's just used to working in AAA game development?
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am
You should know by now that that is not the question Joe. When you have a team working full time on this game, of course its going to use that much money. The question you should be asking is how could a team of professional game developers make that?
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 pm
How can a game that was delayed so much feel so rushed?

Not that that's unprecedented, but still. The Mega Man fanbase really needed this game not to be the next Duke Nukem Forever.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:41 am
I had high hopes for this game because... Mega Man... But, damn, what a disappointment..
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:40 pm
Zero Punctuation was disappointingly gentle with it.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 am
I mean come on, even the Sonic Twitter tore into it, even coming off of the flop that is Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Shattered Crystal and Fire&Ice aren't actually that bad, having played both. Not amazing by any means but they're okay.)

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/stat ... 1987371008
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 pm
Since Neo decided to bring this back I'd like to point out that a low end budget of 4 million dollars is not a meager sum of money.Shantae:half-genie hero was made with a budget of $950,000 for instance.Oh but muh 3d graphics,you say?Well,ignoring the fact that the game would've looked 10x better with HD sprites Yooka-Laylee is being made with only half of MN9s budget but looks far more modern and is inherently more resource heavy to develop by virtue of being a sandbox 3d platformer.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:47 pm
I'd just like to know what the hell happened here. Like, okay, bigger team, bigger budget. Who authorized the dialogue? The level design? Robots you've beaten helping you out in other levels is a neat idea, but the issue is that they give away which weapon is the boss' weakness. Also, why does this game need so much tutorial when its predecessors did not?
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 am
Iron Joe wrote:I'd just like to know what the hell happened here. Like, okay, bigger team, bigger budget. Who authorized the dialogue? The level design? Robots you've beaten helping you out in other levels is a neat idea, but the issue is that they give away which weapon is the boss' weakness. Also, why does this game need so much tutorial when its predecessors did not?

Not like it's even a well designed tutorial.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Next

Return to Modern Gaming