The Nintendo NX

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 pm
So are we actually gonna talk about this thing?
These Shades are Worth More than your Life
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 pm
Yes we are, once we get any real info on it. Right now the discussion boils down to:
Person 1: "Man, will the NX really use cartridges?"
Person 2: "I don't know, dude."
Person 1: "Dang."

See you in 9 months! I think I'll go make someone pregnant and have a baby while we're waiting. There should be just enough time for that.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:32 pm
We can't talk about it for real until 2016....
Part of my plan
Spoiler

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:19 pm
What, until its in stores?

Rumors continue to swell about the thing, and we can read what actions and the industry are indicating.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 am
Nah, the earliest it's going to be in stores is late 2016, although I myself am expecting a 2017 release. However Nintendo has already confirmed that they'll talk about it in their next E3 Digital Event which will be held sometime around mid-June, so we should get a bunch of new info around that time.

Some rumors will probably pop up before then, and of course we can talk about them, but right now there really isn't much discuss IMO.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:57 am
Wii U is done. Anything that isn't already slated to come out in 2015/early 2016 is going to be developed for the Wii NX or not at all. They will pull a Twilight Princess with the new Zelda, having a Wii U version but also making it a launch title for Wii NX to get the hardcore crowd.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:04 pm
I suggest they're unlikely to even continue with the WiiU version - if they were, they'd have had something to show at E3 to help make that show less what it was. Likely they just saw the sales and transferred all efforts to the NX version.

All the stuff they have for 2016 now is either ports, localisations or delayed stuff coming early. I do wonder if they'd leave that much dead air with no games while waiting for their new console.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 am
Only things I hear are this:

-no optical disk
-controller will be touchscreen-based
-possible SD Card use
-details in 2016

Until then, I'll reserve my anticipations for it until Nintendo actually says something rather than just hearing rumors and speculation.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:35 am
Tanantine wrote:All the stuff they have for 2016 now is either ports, localisations or delayed stuff coming early. I do wonder if they'd leave that much dead air with no games while waiting for their new console.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBc2R7kiiqw[/youtube]
Couple late localizations, multiplats, and some truly dreadful stuff

It has kind of been their MO to really just go full stop on releasing games for an old platform while switching gears to a new one. 2016 has Starfox and Zelda (maybe?) I don't think you can look ahead and think that Wii U has much of a future.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:52 pm
Fox wrote:
Tanantine wrote:All the stuff they have for 2016 now is either ports, localisations or delayed stuff coming early. I do wonder if they'd leave that much dead air with no games while waiting for their new console.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBc2R7kiiqw[/youtube]
Couple late localizations, multiplats, and some truly dreadful stuff

It has kind of been their MO to really just go full stop on releasing games for an old platform while switching gears to a new one. 2016 has Starfox and Zelda (maybe?) I don't think you can look ahead and think that Wii U has much of a future.

The Wii U is dead (as much as I like it) but it's time to evolve.... make room for the new Nintendo console that will truly bind the world as one.
Part of my plan
Spoiler
Next

Return to Modern Gaming