The Nintendo NX

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:07 pm
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... nsole-2016

So two things.

1. I totally fucking called it.

2. Nintendo are in full on Republican levels of delusion. Sure, their other console was the worst selling console in 3 generations, and now they're launching a second console in the same generation pissing off countless customers while doing nothing to strengthen their appeal, but surely the problem there was they weren't competing against the Xbox one and Ps4 when those consoles were absolutely knocking it out of the park and picking up speed fast.
Mystical Adminja
Mystical Adminja
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:21 am
Tanantine wrote:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165267-Nintendo-NX-New-Console-2016

So two things.

1. I totally fucking called it.

2. Nintendo are in full on Republican levels of delusion. Sure, their other console was the worst selling console in 3 generations, and now they're launching a second console in the same generation pissing off countless customers while doing nothing to strengthen their appeal, but surely the problem there was they weren't competing against the Xbox one and Ps4 when those consoles were absolutely knocking it out of the park and picking up speed fast.

We are talking about the same fanbase that buys a new model of the same handheld every other year. I doubt Nintendo fans are going to boycott Nintendo putting out a new console after 4 years rather than their usual 5 year cycle. :roll:

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:15 pm
The sort of people who will buy anything Nintendo related because its Nintendo and they have no will of their own were the people who bought the WiiU in the first year. At maximum, that puts that number at 4 million, less if we think there was virtually any buyer in that period with a respect for consumer rights and interest in not allowing this sort of thing. But even if not, and they're banking on people who will buy a Nintendo platform simply because its Nintendo, they seem to believe that the number of people who will unconditionally buy a Nintendo platform has shot up between 3 and 5 fold in the last 3 years.
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:08 pm
Tanantine wrote:The sort of people who will buy anything Nintendo related because its Nintendo and they have no will of their own were the people who bought the WiiU in the first year. At maximum, that puts that number at 4 million, less if we think there was virtually any buyer in that period with a respect for consumer rights and interest in not allowing this sort of thing. But even if not, and they're banking on people who will buy a Nintendo platform simply because its Nintendo, they seem to believe that the number of people who will unconditionally buy a Nintendo platform has shot up between 3 and 5 fold in the last 3 years.

Bruh if you hate Nintendo and the people who like Nintendo so much why are you gettin' so mad and botherin' with this? :lol:
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 pm
What kind of sense does that comment make?

"If you don't like EA and the people who defend them, why are you getting mad at the latest shit EA is doing and sort of ramifications it could have?"

I thought that Simshitty and the online only stuff was a dumb idea, and I was allowed to be mad even though I hate EA.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:55 pm
Listening to all the expectations of the NX from both people who love and hate the Big N, and all the circular logic and backtracking thrown around in debate on it, again, from both supporters and detractors of the NX, I have the feeling that no matter what Nintendo puts out with it, they won't be able to win in the court of public opinion and it will fail again because everybody wants it to be everything to them. They want innovation, and yet they don't. They don't want it focused on graphics, yet at the same time demand the highest-level graphics technology. They complain about VR but want it to be VR compatible. They all want it to have all the bells and whistles and for it to be only a very basic console at the same time.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm
Well, Breath of the Wild's set to release on it no later than when it does on the Wii U, which'll be in 2017. Looks like this is gonna be happening real soon.

Y'know what I want? Normal controllers. I know the Wii U has those, but those aren't considered the default controllers. Quite often I've played Smash at someone else's house to find that they only have Wiimotes. I have four Pro Controllers, and it would be killer if I could play Mario Party with them. But I can't. Because Mario Party is all about motion control now.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:23 am
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 3833493504

Preview trailer in 37 minutes LET'S-A GOOOOOOOOO

Edit:

Well, that was...okay? They didn't show off a single game with graphics the Wii U couldn't handle.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 am
Iron Joe wrote:https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504

Preview trailer in 37 minutes LET'S-A GOOOOOOOOO

Edit:

Well, that was...okay? They didn't show off a single game with graphics the Wii U couldn't handle.

They showed the Skyrim enhanced edition which is coming to the PS4 and Xbone.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 pm
Bethesda said that it's not actually confirmed that Skyrim Remastered will be on the Switch, but they didn't deny it either. They were listed among the many third-party companies that will be working with the Switch, however.
Previous

Return to Modern Gaming