Super Smash Bros (-4- Wii u & 3DS) General Discussion

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:52 pm
Alright. That's it.
Image
Iron Joe wrote:Oh, yes, I know, Fire Emblem is popular in Japan and nowhere else. Just like MOTHER and WarioWare. You don't see that shit getting more characters than Zelda.

INB4 Ashley. Already addressed about Mother in the post above. And while Fire Emblem games are for sure more popular in Japan, they have had a decent following here until Awakening, when they fucking exploded in popularity for the west. And before you say so, no, that fucking isn't because of Smash.

Bonus round: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6151/warioware-smooth-moves/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Awakening#Sales
http://www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-awakening-global-sales-near-2-million-292782.phtml
And this doesn't track digital and used copies man.

There is no reason why K. Rool would not work. He's got moveset potential running out of his ears and is one of the most highly requested characters not on the roster yet. Fire Emblem already had too many characters, and then they added another one.

ShadMorgen wrote:Sakurai, iirc, even went on board to say that a lot of the mii fighter costumes were a compromise to fighters that wouldn't work.


If you don't like that, make your own fucking Smash game bro. Stop salting all over with your baseless hatred, it's childish.

Fire Emblem owes its existence to Smash. Not the other way around. Smash doesn't owe Fire Emblem any favors.

This is fucking lol worthy. Like, SERIOUSLY. Fire Emblem started in 1990 in case you didn't know. That's a LONG ass time. Longer than Smash funnily enough. Smash is partially responsible for bringing it over here, yes, but THAT'S IT. It would still be chugging along mostly the same even if it didn't. Awakening is what pretty much saved the franchise because of it's massive changes. If anything, Smash owes a large portion of it's roster to Fire Emblem. ;)

Image
Last edited by ShadMorgen on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Posts: 4230
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:45 am
Location: The Land formerly known as Ire.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 pm
>sees shads reply
>only one response

Spoiler
Image
Image

"COME FORTH MY MONSTER SERVANTS!"


The gangs all here....
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8225
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am
Location: Auckland,NZ.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:53 am
CLASS IS IN ORDER, TIME FOR SCHOOLING.

ShadMorgen wrote:If anything, Smash owes a large portion of it's roster to Fire Emblem. ;)

IM SORRY, BUT I DONT SEE AND FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN THE FIRST SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.

also SSBM: 2001. FE:A: 2002.
OH WAIT NO FE:A 2000 and fucking THREE outside japan. fucking DUMPSTERED.

Spoiler
Image


sure it would be still popular in japan, but it wouldnt be a worldwide fucking SMASH without SSB series. it was almost NOTHING outside japan until it was brought to our attention through smash. and even then no one would have cared if the FE charaters were (mainly marth) was top tier.

and then you have the GALL to point out that WARIOWARE sales didnt improve from his inclusion. to be honsest, if his PROMINAT showing in SM64DS didnt help sales, nothing fucking would.

CLASS DISMISSED
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:27 pm
Huh, a new challenger approaches?
Spoiler
Image

(As if they had to be)

FanBoy wrote:CLASS IS IN ORDER, TIME FOR SCHOOLING.

If this was a class, it's probably the most boring one I've attended lmao.

ShadMorgen wrote:If anything, Smash owes a large portion of it's roster to Fire Emblem. ;)

IM SORRY, BUT I DONT SEE AND FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN THE FIRST SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.

Wow, nice job in pointing out an obviously jokingly jab! I have legit been riggety riggety rekt now!
Not. Clearly i was referencing the current games. Going out of your way to mention the first game, that had what, 8 fighters and 4 hidden ones? Pretty weak there man. I was OBVIOUSLY referring to the most recent game, which is what was mostly being discussed. (Which if you want to bring it back to Joe's comment about Earthbound being underrepresented, Ness was one of those, a fighter before FE's inclusion). Funny, huh?

also SSBM: 2001. FE:A: 2002.
OH WAIT NO FE:A 2000 and fucking THREE outside japan. fucking DUMPSTERED.

Spoiler
Image

I don't even know what you're attempting to say here? Cute gif tho. Probably work better if you succeeded in making you point get across me, and actually "school" me like you seem to think you have, lmao. Try to not get so excited with yourself next time, hrm?

sure it would be still popular in japan, but it wouldnt be a worldwide fucking SMASH without SSB series. it was almost NOTHING outside japan until it was brought to our attention through smash. and even then no one would have cared if the FE charaters were (mainly marth) was top tier.

This one made me lol. I already even said that Smash was definitely partially responsible for it being brought to the West, there isn't much doubt about that. Marth being top tier is likely unimportant really, it was series people had never heard of, and didn't know who he was, which is enough to draw interest. So that was a wasn't point.

and then you have the GALL to point out that WARIOWARE sales didnt improve from his inclusion. to be honsest, if his PROMINAT showing in SM64DS didnt help sales, nothing fucking would.

THIS in particular had me laughing. Not only did you miss the point ENTIRELY(which was addressing that Joe was saying WarioWare and FE are not popular outside of Japan, notice the sales info in the links), but also showed that Smash inclusion does NOT necessarily boost sales by a large margin. Thanks!

CLASS DISMISSED

Try teaching something next time. I guess your username is appropriate Fanboy. Or should I call you Smashboy?
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
Posts: 3357
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:07 am
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 pm
ShadMorgen wrote:If this was a class, it's probably the most boring one I've attended lmao.

More like the shittiest class ever.

WORST. TEACHER. EVER.
This is going to be fun...

Image
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8225
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am
Location: Auckland,NZ.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:40 am
d180 wrote:
ShadMorgen wrote:If this was a class, it's probably the most boring one I've attended lmao.

More like the shittiest class ever.

WORST. TEACHER. EVER.



oh wait, people took all of that serious?

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o&autoplay=1[/youtube]


the only thing to be taken seriouly, (and lightly at that) is the FE:A timing and warioware.

FE:A becoming popular was because of smash. and because FE blew up it sales in the west because of smash, they decided to turn smash into the FE equvilant of Dissidia.

wario was a character made for western consumption more than japanese. hence the sales being slightly more. being much bigger markets helps as well.

oh and EB not blowing up because of smash? its because nintendo refuses to sell it in western countries, hell even in JP virtual console (from what ive heard) *citation needed*
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 am
FanBoy wrote:oh wait, people took all of that serious?

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o&autoplay=1[/youtube]

Translation: the points I brought up and got hyped up over got smashed.

the only thing to be taken seriouly, (and lightly at that) is the FE:A timing and warioware.

Yup. Which has been addressed. Warioware was brought up to show it's sales outside of Japan were greater than those in Japan, and then that Smash inclusion doesn't necessarily improve sales.

FE:A becoming popular was because of smash. and because FE blew up it sales in the west because of smash, they decided to turn smash into the FE equvilant of Dissidia.

LOL. What a fucking joke...Fire Emblem Awakening came out two years before Smash in Japan, and not far off it in the West. It was already steamrolling. Yes, Awakening was meant to be the last FE game supposedly, but it was the radical additions the games had that saved the series, NOT Smash. Smash inclusion possibly helped a bit, but not as much as you seem to think, I assure you.
Dissidia style FE game? Have you even played Smash bros? Weak baseless argument. Although that kind of game would be great! Thanks for the idea!

wario was a character made for western consumption more than japanese. hence the sales being slightly more. being much bigger markets helps as well.

oh and EB not blowing up because of smash? its because nintendo refuses to sell it in western countries, hell even in JP virtual console (from what ive heard) *citation needed*


MOTHER games are now on Virtual Console iirc. Other points are utterly irrelevant and what I said about WarioWare still stands.

This is getting boring. Either stop this nonsense, or come back with an actual argument, this is really not any fun anymore, feels like a chore.

Image
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
Posts: 5791
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: Tower of Fate
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 am
So now that the childish whining is dealt with and done? Who is actually excited for Kamui/Corrin and Bayo? Do you guys think they will be as OP as they were made out to be in their trailers? Surely Witch Time won't be that insane...
Image
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
User avatar
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Posts: 982
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm
So, what do you think is going on with the Smash NX rumors?
Image
User avatar
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
Posts: 8225
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am
Location: Auckland,NZ.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 am
ShadMorgen wrote:Dissidia style FE game? Have you even played Smash bros? Weak baseless argument. Although that kind of game would be great! Thanks for the idea!

yes i have played smash (melee). i like it. im not as hyped as everyone else about it.
im not going to go out and buy any ninty console because of just smash (the only relatively good game on it bar Monster Hunter.)

and my dissidia jab was ment as a roster poke.

im way more hyped about the new dissidia than anything else. you CAN call me a fanboy of that. not smash.



other than that, your too caught up in needing to be right that you cant see really HOW MUCH smash helped fire emblem. enjoy your bubble.
PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest