Super Smash Bros (-4- Wii u & 3DS) General Discussion

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:01 pm
I don't see why they're stopping with 58 characters; if they add just six more they'll have the magic number.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:15 pm
I suspect (and expect) Cloud's gonna get hit with the nerfbat pretty soon. He's not "broken", by any means, but he's got just that right proportion of speed and strength that he's been dominating most of the matches he's been in, whether it's been me or someone else playing him. I don't remember the other DLC characters being so dominant upon their release.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 pm
Grangle wrote:I suspect (and expect) Cloud's gonna get hit with the nerfbat pretty soon. He's not "broken", by any means, but he's got just that right proportion of speed and strength that he's been dominating most of the matches he's been in, whether it's been me or someone else playing him. I don't remember the other DLC characters being so dominant upon their release.
Cloud has a lot of weaknesses though, he wont get hit with the nerfbat.

1: Outside of Max Limit Break attacks, only has a few attacks that can KO.
2: Air attacks have a lot of recovery.
3: Has no way of returning to the field when knocked far away.
4: Cannot do much after throws.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:44 am
TheLousyTactician wrote:I can understand, and agree with, people being disappointed and thinking there are too many FE reps in the roster.

The people shouting bloody murder, claiming Smash is ruined, that slots were 'stolen' (the same freaking accusation made every time a Smash roster is finalized), and who now hate everything there is to do with FE and Corrin for a completely indirect reason the character and franchise had virtually no control over... Not so much.

I don't hate FE, I just have absolutely no intentions of playing it. Hey, if Undertale fanboys rallying to win a GameFAQs poll is a good reason not to play the game, then the rabid FE fanboy directing Smash is a good reason for me not to play it as well.

FE deserves 6 characters about as much as Undertale deserves one.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 am
All hope for King K. Rool is lost. Time to wait for Super Smash Bros. 5.
I would like to see King K. Rool, Richter Belmont and Alucard in Super Smash Bros. 5!
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:36 am
>People refusing to play Fire Emblem ever because King K. Rool is not in the game.

Pathetic. As far as reasons go, that's the lowest I could think of.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:53 pm
ShadMorgen wrote:>People refusing to play Fire Emblem ever because King K. Rool is not in the game.

Pathetic. As far as reasons go, that's the lowest I could think of.

It's not because King K. Rool isn't in the game, it's because Sakurai is shoving the damn franchise down our throats and giving all other franchises the finger, lying to us about all future DLC being pure fanservice by adding a character that 99% of the planet shouldn't even recognize yet. At least Mother 3 had been out for a reasonably long time before Lucas was added to Brawl, and even then, that's just two Mother characters, not six. I love EarthBound, but it'd be a lot harder to love if they suddenly added Flint, Ted, Ninten, and Jeff after saying that they were gonna listen to the fans.

King K. Rool isn't even the only character that should be in Smash over Corrin. Metroid is just as underrepresented. I'd say even more so since it's only got one character pretending to be two, but at least Metroid has Assist Trophies.

FE having more characters than Zelda, let alone DKC, is unacceptable and indefensible.

On a different subject, would this be the thread for asking other people if they want to play Smash online, or is there a different place on the forum for that?
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:20 am
Iron Joe wrote:It's not because King K. Rool isn't in the game, it's because Sakurai is shoving the damn franchise down our throats and giving all other franchises the finger, lying to us about all future DLC being pure fanservice by adding a character that 99% of the planet shouldn't even recognize yet. At least Mother 3 had been out for a reasonably long time before Lucas was added to Brawl, and even then, that's just two Mother characters, not six. I love EarthBound, but it'd be a lot harder to love if they suddenly added Flint, Ted, Ninten, and Jeff after saying that they were gonna listen to the fans.

King K. Rool isn't even the only character that should be in Smash over Corrin. Metroid is just as underrepresented. I'd say even more so since it's only got one character pretending to be two, but at least Metroid has Assist Trophies.

FE having more characters than Zelda, let alone DKC, is unacceptable and indefensible.

On a different subject, would this be the thread for asking other people if they want to play Smash online, or is there a different place on the forum for that?

Okay. You understand that giving one character DLC isn't 'taking a slot' from another right? Sakurai, iirc, even went on board to say that a lot of the mii fighter costumes were a compromise to fighters that wouldn't work. That's Chrom too, in case you were wondering. It's not the same as a fighter no, but it's something at least.

You seem to once again be thinking that Fire Emblem is some minor little timy series lol. It's massive over there dude. It's a long standing series. Fire Emblem and Smash have always had history, it's one of the major reasons we got Fire Emblem over here in the first place. So it makes sense that it would have decent representation, comparable to the likes of other popular Nintendo franchises. In fact, one of the Fire Emblem characters was Roy, a returning fighter who so many people wanted. Did you hear people complaining then? A small few perhaps, but that's it. The only FE character who 'shouldn't be in muh Smash' is Lucina, who could have been a Marth skin. And even then, the small differences she has make her fun to play.

And about these 'underepresented' games. Who else would do from Metroid? Dark Samus is the only viable character after Ridley and we all know the story with Ridley. And even then, Dark Samus is already an assist. Mother hasn't been relevant in years, and it having 2 representatives is fine, it's not like other characters would have been as good or had the same status as Ness and Lucas. Don't even get me started DKC. Who the hell else do you want? Candy Kong? Cranky Kong. King K. Rool hasn't been even slightly important in how many years?

The only real complaint about FE characters is that they all have swords and counters(bar Robin with the counter). Corrin looks to be very well designed and pretty damn diffferent.

Tl;dr: Corrin is cool, stop whining about them, you could just as easily gotten Bayonetta and no one else. Instead you got two unique characters.

I think we all know why people are upset anyway. They are salty their character didn't win the ballot, but since Bayonetta looks amazing, they are instead targeting FE, which had nothing to do with the Smash Ballot.

Personally I would have preferres a Bravely Default character, Andy from Advance Wars or Shovel Knight. But I'm pretty happy with what we got.

Come on man. Rise above the hate, you're better than this. Learn to challenge your fate. Fight for your friends. Choose to Smash.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Oh, yes, I know, Fire Emblem is popular in Japan and nowhere else. Just like MOTHER and WarioWare. You don't see that shit getting more characters than Zelda.

There is no reason why K. Rool would not work. He's got moveset potential running out of his ears and is one of the most highly requested characters not on the roster yet. Fire Emblem already had too many characters, and then they added another one.

Fire Emblem owes its existence to Smash. Not the other way around. Smash doesn't owe Fire Emblem any favors.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 pm
>2016
>People still salty over Corrin's inclusion in Smash

Spoiler
This is going to be fun...

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming