Super Smash Bros (-4- Wii u & 3DS) General Discussion

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:38 pm
Title says it all. Come here to talk characters, levels, gameplay ideas, balancing, Namco and Nintendo's team up, Sakurai and his cats. Anything Smash 4 related is welcome!

EDIT: NEW IDEA SSB ROSTER POLL: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=5g648dakrkhq8i4379140

NEW SMASH 4 DLC POLL: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=kbfy3wjfgl74d43378822
Last edited by Shorts on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm
I'm gonna wait for the next Nintendo Direct before I start gushing.
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 pm
If they have online that isn't broken and more 3rd party characters I'm sold.
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm
More third parties? Like who?
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 pm
metaking64x wrote:If they have online that isn't broken and more 3rd party characters I'm sold.

The online I have confidence will be good, this is Namco after all the ones who gave us the glory that is SCV's online that even on two bars on the PS3 still ran efficiently as heck. But we only really need like two to three other third party characters IMO
Understand that when you step into the ring, your arms are just to short to box with God
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm
Jing412 wrote:
metaking64x wrote:If they have online that isn't broken and more 3rd party characters I'm sold.

The online I have confidence will be good, this is Namco after all the ones who gave us the glory that is SCV's online that even on two bars on the PS3 still ran efficiently as heck. But we only really need like two to three other third party characters IMO

I'm not even a fan of third party characters really. Would rather have more Nintendo characters than Sonic, Snake, Megaman, or Pac Man
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 am

I'm actually on the opposite side of the fence on this. Solid Snake, while having an interesting moveset, looked weird running around with cartoony kids, monkeys, fat plumbers, and birds.

If Nintendo were to add any other 3rd party characters, at least have them go well with the cartoonish theme of the games. As much as I love Resident Evil, I think I'd have a heart attack if Jill Valentine and her fine ass showed up in SSB4.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 am
Ben Be Jamin wrote:

I'm actually on the opposite side of the fence on this. Solid Snake, while having an interesting moveset, looked weird running around with cartoony kids, monkeys, fat plumbers, and birds.

If Nintendo were to add any other 3rd party characters, at least have them go well with the cartoonish theme of the games. As much as I love Resident Evil, I think I'd have a heart attack if Jill Valentine and her fine ass showed up in SSB4.

I personally loved Snake being in Brawl, and felt that added to the charm of the game, but I don't think we'll see too many extra 3rd party characters. Namco is helping make it, so I'm holding out for Lloyd Irving, but am not getting my hopes up. After seeing pages upon pages of people nerding-off to the fantasy of their ridiculously large 100+ character rosters actually being feasible, I've come to accept there is no way a Smash Bros. game will ever be made that satisfies all fans, or one that even satisfies what I consider to be my more reasonable roster expectations.

What I'm pretty sure will be made however is a fun game, and really so long as they expand the Fire Emblem roster (or just replace the pretty-boy Marth with Hector, Lyn, the Avatar, or Chrom), I'm good. Ridley would kick ass too.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 am
TheLousyTactician wrote:I personally loved Snake being in Brawl, and felt that added to the charm of the game, but I don't think we'll see too many extra 3rd party characters. Namco is helping make it, so I'm holding out for Lloyd Irving, but am not getting my hopes up. After seeing pages upon pages of people nerding-off to the fantasy of their ridiculously large 100+ character rosters actually being feasible, I've come to accept there is no way a Smash Bros. game will ever be made that satisfies all fans, or one that even satisfies what I consider to be my more reasonable roster expectations.

What I'm pretty sure will be made however is a fun game, and really so long as they expand the Fire Emblem roster (or just replace the pretty-boy Marth with Hector, Lyn, the Avatar, or Chrom), I'm good. Ridley would kick ass too.

I'm pretty confident that we will get another FE character, who it is I'm not too sure of though. Personally, I was thinking it would be Roy, Chrom, Lucina, or Lyn.

As for Namco, I wouldn't get my hopes up either. It's definitely possible, I just recall reading somewhere that Sakurai said something along the lines of, "Just because they're helping develope the game doesn't mean I'll add their character(s)". But who really knows? He also pretty much has a realitively low opinion on the addition of third parties now anyways. Well, maybe not low, so much as he now realizes just how difficult it is to not only get around the legal mumbo jumbo, but to make them artistically fit with the cast of Smash bros.

Lastly, I'll just leave this quote here so you all can make your own judgements about it. Late 2008, some magazine asked if he ever considered Ridley as a playable character before, and he said:

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we might have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm
I can't wait for the new Smash game, I've always loved the series since its first incarnation back on the 64. With NamcoBandai on board the project, I'm really hoping for Lloyd Irving to be in the game, as he's arguably the most popular Tales character. As for new characters in total, I think that they will only add ten more characters to the roster, as Melee had 25, and Brawl had 35, so it'd make sense to have the new one have 45 characters. (Here's hoping for Krystal!)

As for game modes, I really hope they improve on the story mode, as Brawl's one felt incomplete. I would like to see character-specific Break the Targets mode again and also the return of Board the Platforms from back in the 64 days.

Also, I would like to see Nintendo take a page from Playstation Allstars and have the stages themselves cross over with each other. (Who wouldn't want to see Ridley duke it out with Grima from Awakening while you fight in the foreground?)

And another thing.................................... NO CLONES!!!!!
PSN: Prince_Blueblood
Steam: Greninja
http://steamcommunity.com/id/hero_of_tempest/

Just let me know that you're from Screwattack.
Next

Return to Modern Gaming