Super Smash Bros (-4- Wii u & 3DS) General Discussion

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:07 pm
Spoiler
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 pm
Shad's gonna tear me limb from limb for this, but even not taking into account his/her adding to the overabundance of Fire Emblem characters, after playing him for an hour or two, I can pretty safely say, Corrin sucks. Bayonetta, while not exactly my playstyle, I can at least get in there and figure out something to do with her to net me some KOs and a win here and there. Corrin is just HORRIBLE. Slow as molasses, even his smash attacks can't send anyone flying off the stage, and the special attacks are unintuitive and wonky to use. Little Mac's specials may be wonky too, but at lest he has some power behind him. Corrin doesn't even have that. The only thing I will give Corrin is that he's got a somewhat decent recovery, but even that's nothing to write home about. I probably won't use either of these characters much, but I'll only ever be using Corrin when I want to give my opponents a pseudo-handicap.
Let's Play Sonic Spinball! Part 5: Showdown 2 - The Battle
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:54 am
Grangle wrote:Shad's gonna tear me limb from limb for this, but even not taking into account his/her adding to the overabundance of Fire Emblem characters, after playing him for an hour or two, I can pretty safely say, Corrin sucks. Bayonetta, while not exactly my playstyle, I can at least get in there and figure out something to do with her to net me some KOs and a win here and there. Corrin is just HORRIBLE. Slow as molasses, even his smash attacks can't send anyone flying off the stage, and the special attacks are unintuitive and wonky to use. Little Mac's specials may be wonky too, but at lest he has some power behind him. Corrin doesn't even have that. The only thing I will give Corrin is that he's got a somewhat decent recovery, but even that's nothing to write home about. I probably won't use either of these characters much, but I'll only ever be using Corrin when I want to give my opponents a pseudo-handicap.

Huh? I ain't even got the DLC yet, so I can't even comment on the gameplay, which I hadn't even addressed in any of my posts so don't worry, yer good. :lol: It's possible Corrin is shit tier yeah, but maybe you're just not used to them yet? I had that problem with Bowser Jr. for the longest time. Can't wait to try them out when I get home tho.
Steeling that shovel.
Spoiler
risinguppercut wrote:Is Abrams secretly a cute girl? IS EVERYONE OTHER THAN ME SECRETLY A CUTE GIRL?!

HomestuckLover wrote:Shad the greatest of waifus

Meddadius wrote:ShagMorgen
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 pm
Grangle wrote:Shad's gonna tear me limb from limb for this, but even not taking into account his/her adding to the overabundance of Fire Emblem characters, after playing him for an hour or two, I can pretty safely say, Corrin sucks. Bayonetta, while not exactly my playstyle, I can at least get in there and figure out something to do with her to net me some KOs and a win here and there. Corrin is just HORRIBLE. Slow as molasses, even his smash attacks can't send anyone flying off the stage, and the special attacks are unintuitive and wonky to use. Little Mac's specials may be wonky too, but at lest he has some power behind him. Corrin doesn't even have that. The only thing I will give Corrin is that he's got a somewhat decent recovery, but even that's nothing to write home about. I probably won't use either of these characters much, but I'll only ever be using Corrin when I want to give my opponents a pseudo-handicap.

My online sessions tend to go like this:

-play as Bayo
-get bodied
-play as literally anyone else, usually Ness but sometimes Corrin
-actually do good
-go back to Bayo
-still do good

My favorite Bayonetta match-up just from a story standpoint is Bayonetta vs. Dark Pit. 'Cause, y'know, he's an angel that deserves to die, and that's exactly what Bayo's used to.

I might start playing Lucina now just so I can set my tag to "LUCENA"

The thing about playing as Ness is that he's a character whose game I've played the whole way through, a character I've been on a rather emotional journey with. It feels a little more personal when I play as him. I like to think that my use of PK Fire is relatively rational. I don't know what these Corrins think they're doing, launching projectiles at my Ness. Like, hello, thanks for the HP, suckers. Stealth Pun!

Corrin is tricky, and I'm a little disappointed at how little they actually use the "cool chainsaw sword" that could've made things interesting, but pointy dragon arms do the job just about as well. It is funny how I'm more hyped for a character with butterfly wings than for one with dragon wings; ah, how things have changed since the Fairy-type was announced! I was so angry at that back then.

Still, as jank as their side B is, I feel like I could make real good use of it if I get the hang of it. Their neutral B is also pretty cool; it's like Samus' and ZSS' rolled into one!
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 pm
Does anyone have any tourney stories? I want to a local doubles tourney that banned Bayo because, "She got buffed"even though she was nerfed the day before
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Previous

Return to Modern Gaming