Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy.

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Multiplatform

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:06 am
So... you may or may not be aware but a while back Activision announced this:

As the video shows, this is Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy- A full-on remaster of the original three Crash Bandicoot games (Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped). It's being developed by Vicarious Visions, the guys behind the GBA games and Crash Nitro Kart, so it is by people who are familiar with the series. They have also shown multiple levels afterwards from Crash 1 and 2. Thus far, the levels that have been revealed so far are:

N.Sanity Beach, Sewer or Later, Hang Eight, Rock it, Hog Wild, Un-Bearable, Bear it, and a few other levels whose names I can't remember.

Time Trials (and likely Relics, by proxy) are going to be added to the Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back sections of the game.

The N.Sane Trilogy is slated for release on June 30th. So, what are your thoughts on this remaster of three wonderful old-school games? Could Crash really be making a comeback?

Personally, I'm hyped for this. From the footage seen so far Vicarious Visions has been paying meticulous attention to detail, and, having been an avid player of Crash Bandicoot when I was younger (and to date, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped remains my most replayed game ever), it's nice to see everybody's favourite orange marsupial return after nine years of absence.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 pm
Looks sick, and I haven't even played a Crash game before.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:06 pm
Coco has been confirmed to be playable in all three games, and not just in the levels that were exclusive to her in Warped, either. Any level that does not require a vehicle is open to play as for either Crash or Coco. However, bosses and vehicle levels (Like, for example, Hog Wild or Bear it) are only able to be played as Crash, unless Coco was there in the original.

Wave Battle, Ride On!

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 pm
It's a double post, but here's some news: The N.Sane Trilogy is getting DLC. The first DLC has already been released to the public, in the form of an unfinished level hidden in Crash 1, which has been completed and remade for the N.Sane Trilogy. The name of said unfinished level? Stormy Ascent.

Allow me to explain.

For those who were unaware, Stormy Ascent is a level in Crash 1 that can only be accessed through Gameshark codes, and yet it was complete for the most part. 'For the most part' meaning the bonus stage was not implemented. The main reason Stormy Ascent was cut from Crash 1 was simple: Stormy Ascent was far, FAR too difficult. Even amongst other brutal levels in Crash 1, such as Slippery Climb and The High Road, Stormy Ascent was seen as far too difficult, even as an endgame level. However, due to the popularity of things like Dark Souls, this previously unreleased level has seen the light of day- and it shows NO deception about how brutally tough the level actually is. For the record, Vicarious Visions (The creators of the N.Sane Trilogy) have gone on record saying that one of their best players burnt through over SIXTY lives trying to complete Stormy Ascent, and even the very designer of Stormy Ascent itself had trouble with it.

Here's the trailer:

I myself just played it and died thirty-one times just trying to clear the level.

Wave Battle, Ride On!

Return to Modern Gaming