I Lay as I Lie Writing

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:20 am
Well guys, it's been 8 years. 8 years of friends, fun, and plenty of stupid posts. Mostly stupid posts. When Patrick offered me this job as a moderator in 2013, it was one of the most touching gestures made towards me on this site. It was a dream to see the site I spent years wanting to grow to finally be a part of the team to keep the magic in check. Honestly, I couldn't think of any higher honor to be given.

While there have been ups and downs, pulling my hair at spam bots, and general silliness, I kept doing it because I cared about the site. At the end of the day, it was home to myself and many friends grow together. This site led to me becoming an alumni of DTT and TPS, two groups of people that I love. Every person I have had the pleasure of calling a friend has been important to my life and no matter where I end up in this crazy thing called life, these memories have played a deep part in my life.

I know it's taboo to call something an important part of your life and while I have had influences around me, ScrewAttack has been home to so many good memories and times. Meeting every friend at 3 SGCs in a row was an incredible experience, spending Skype calls making stupid jokes and laughing have all made lovely memories, and just knowing so many great people is a humbling experience. And it was thanks to this site.

Finally, I would like to thank some specific people:

-Patrick, thank you for giving me this job. You have always had faith in me and helped me through to make me stand for what I think is right on this site. You may have been gone by now, but I'm glad to have worked with you for 2 years.

-Chad, we bonded through Street Fighter, but most importantly, I want to thank you for being such a great friend. You're one of the most relaxed people I know and you always recognized my work and made me feel appreciated. As a friend, I'm glad that I got to meet you and I want to thank you for being a part of my life. Also, one night at SGC you drunkenly told me, "I love you, man," when I left the room to go to bed. Oh dear.

-the DTT and D2 people- You guys are dummies. And I love you.

-Skype Boiz- We may have moved on from different places, but we are still collectively in this silly place and the times we've spent together have been fantastic. Also, I'm convinced that Luigiman is going to murder me someday.

Finally, I want to thank these forums. Not just for being your crazy selves, but believing in me and letting me try my best to allow everyone to have the best time they could. It's been 8 crazy years and I want to thank you all for being here for me and getting me through great and not so great times. I don't know how my life would have been if I haven't had the pleasure of being with you all.

Thank you so much. I'll miss you all.

-Your beloved moderator
Can't get enough of my thoughts? Bug me on Twitter.
digitaldebaser wrote:I'm going to beat you with a very large stick...that has claws.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:25 am
Through its ups and downs, ScrewAttack has blessed me with not just a great community but a great group of friends over the past 4 years. It's something I hope to cherish as well going from here on out 8-)
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:44 am

Spoiler
but to be honet, i dont think any of the mods here are keeping their mod/admin status.

but its been a good ride man. we'll see you after the merge.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:47 am
I'm a bit inebriated right now but honestly this site's been my goddamn life since I registered and even earlier than that. I long for the old days but at the same time everyone I've made friends with during those 7 1/2 years are worth it enough. If the rumors are true and this is goodbye then man it's been an amazing run and I love most of you. Most.

U da bes Ehsan and I wanna kiss you on the forehead.

ps have a Togi Makabe selfie as a parting gift

XBL/PSN: StevarowDTT
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 am
You guys taught me what a true community is...it sucks to see how things have changed. And how they're going to change DX

I shall forever be your screencap ninja! I'll keep the memories alive!

g1ad forever!

g1s forever!!
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:55 pm
I'll miss ya man. Good luck in your future endeavors and see you wherever you are. G1 4 Life!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:43 pm
*Salute*
Thanks Tay~
Spoiler
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:48 pm
Spoiler
Spoiler
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:38 pm
I read this eulogy, and I ponder-is this the farewell of a veteran moderator...or a send off to prepare for the future events yet to come?
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
King of Thieves
King of Thieves
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:46 pm
fawfulmark2 wrote:I read this eulogy, and I ponder-is this the farewell of a veteran moderator...or a send off to prepare for the future events yet to come?

The forums are about to be nuked son.
Interweb~Metaking~Distro~Chaotic~Wulfon~Tiel~

Shiznita wrote:I hereby claim page 182 as mine, everyone stay out or else. Image
Next

Return to Formal Talk