Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:30 am
Decided to try at reviving this, plus seems appropriate considering it's Groundhog Day.
So I'm currently back in the States after having spent Christmas break back in the Philippines and enjoying time with family and friends, all that fun shit people do on vacation. This dream has me reliving my last day back home - I'm on the plane and about to leave when I decide to take a nap because I stayed up all night packing. I wake up, look at the screen in front of me and I'm surprised that for some reason I wasn't on a flight from Manila to LA but on my original flight back in December. Nobody seemed to be aware of it but me, and I decide to test things out.
I go through one loop doing the exact same things I did the first go around, and theorize that things will play out the exact same way. The next few loops I decide to mess around and do things differently - obviously, some things have changed but seemed pretty fine. On my fifth loop, the people I'm with slowly realize that they're stuck in a time loop too - first with my mom, then my other first-degree relatives, my high school friends, so on and so forth (amusingly, none of my relatives from the States noticed).
The things that "break" the dream, at which point I wake up, end up looking like this:
1. I find myself re-enrolling in my old university, and my flight back was to get my stuff to move back.
2. Rogue One ends with everyone surviving, leading to Disney announcing a sequel a week after Christmas.
3. The Sword Art Online movie was for some reason showing and surprisingly wasn't shit.
4. The Electoral College bars Trump from entering the White House, and Obama decides to somehow cash in a secret ability that allows him to run a third final term.
5. Deadpool vs. Pinkie Pie doesn't end the third season of DB; Lara vs. Nate moves up to January as the finale and Nate wins (the forums don't blow up and are all like "as expected"). S4 begins with Frieza/Megatron.
When you learn that you're about to die.