Dream Sharing & Journaling Thread

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:59 pm
I had a dream that I met the creator of Super Power Beat Down, Aaron somethingsomething.
I said I was a fan and asked if he could tell me a future episode he had planned.
He said he was going to do Rhaegar Targaryen vs Gohan for SPBD.
I said "But Gohan can blow up planets and Rhaegar is just a normal human." Aaron said "But he has a sword." And then I woke up.

lol
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:09 am
I had a dream in which I was adamantly arguing on GameFAQs that Ashley could beat Virgil, and in the middle of it, I went on VS Battles Wiki just to do a quick check on Virgil's stats, to find that he is moon level. And then I woke up.

lol

No, she could not beat Virgil, but AFAIK nobody's saying he's moon level lol
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Location: Somewhere over Rainbow Road, where Blue Shells fly.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:23 pm
This is a dream I've been having since my freshman year of college (about 3 years ago). It was crazy enough on its own but the weird thing is it keeps fucking happening - I'd say the "sequel dreams" come every 3-4 months.

Here's the gist of it: I'm in my university's library with a few friends, playing Counter Strike as silently as possible before cramming our homework separately. I decide to take a nap (the whole after-lunch food coma as those 5 Hour Energy commercials call it).

When I wake up, the library is nearly deserted. There's a Silent Hill-esque death fog outside and I look out the window to see your usual survival horror shitshow: zombiefied students, faculty and staff, survivors panicking and barricading all buildings to prevent these creatures from getting in.

The first few dreams were sort of played straight, as if that sort of thing would have happened in real life to some extent. I meet up with my friends and we do our best to stay alive as long as possible before shit really hit the fan. We can't exit the campus (it's roughly 210 acres big since there's also a grade and high school inside) - the fog is so tremendously thick near the exits that people are slaughtered immediately by "something".

Then, the fan shitting comes along. We find weapons ranging from usual military fare to Dead Rising style non-sense. Demons and Resident Evil BOWs start showing up. The "incident" starts to stretch out for so long that survivors create a small society: groups, currencies, hunting and (uhm) families. That part I'd sub/un-consciously retcon because of squick territory.

Eventually, this latest set of dreams had that fog outside lifted, only for us to realize that a portal to hell had opened up in the outside world. Most demons have managed to co-exist with humankind, although it hasn't stopped Earth from becoming a demonic playground which everyone has managed to get used to. Oh, and people have powers now.

TL;DR things went from this:

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5FCJF-Fas[/youtube]

to this:

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8jcI0WtzM[/youtube]
When you learn that you're about to die.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:39 am
I had a dream in which I was banned from the ScrewAttack forums. Apparently, all those instances of me just saying something really weird in an attempt to be funny without fully understanding just how weird it truly was had just been adding up over the years, and it finally pushed Abrams over the edge. Abrams sent me a PM listing a crap ton of things I've said that were much more disturbing/offensive than I'd intended, and I could only send him five PMs with a very small character limit in an attempt to appeal the ban before it was all over.

I "woke up," and then told AlphaRad about the dream, as he and someone else were playing Smash Bros. in my room. He opened up my laptop and found out that I was, in fact, banned from the forums, finding that very same PM and his response to my appeal, which was more me telling Abrams to tell everyone I'm sorry than attempt to actually appeal it.

To say the least, I was very upset. But then I realized that I was talking to AlphaRad, and therefore was still dreaming. When I woke up for real, well, let me put it this way: I woke up for real about 10 minutes ago.

I feel the need to apologize now. If I've offended anyone here, I'm very sorry. I'm almost always looking for a laugh, and sometimes I fail to realize that the ends do not necessarily justify the means. My warning level is already 1, and apologizing to everyone isn't going to change that, but if I ever get banned, I don't want the main thing I'm remembered for to be the reason why.

Sometimes I do say that stuff. It is possible that I may some day slip up, say something I really shouldn't, and wind up getting banned for it. I don't intend to hurt anyone's feelings, but it just happens sometimes. I apologize in advance for whatever dumb things I might say or do in the future.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:55 pm
Geomancer wrote:I had a dream that I met the creator of Super Power Beat Down, Aaron somethingsomething.
I said I was a fan and asked if he could tell me a future episode he had planned.
He said he was going to do Rhaegar Targaryen vs Gohan for SPBD.
I said "But Gohan can blow up planets and Rhaegar is just a normal human." Aaron said "But he has a sword." And then I woke up.

lol

Iron Joe wrote:I had a dream in which I was adamantly arguing on GameFAQs that Ashley could beat Virgil, and in the middle of it, I went on VS Battles Wiki just to do a quick check on Virgil's stats, to find that he is moon level. And then I woke up.

lol

No, she could not beat Virgil, but AFAIK nobody's saying he's moon level lol

Heh, I'm beginning to wonder how many people here have dreams related to VS. stuff.

6/26/2016

In the beginning of this dream I (think) I was helping several strangers get some of their games working again. Before doing this I looked at their collection and noticed several fairly expensive games among others. This included Xenosaga, though its box implied it was for the Sega Saturn (a console it was never on). They also had a really nifty, grey, 20th Anniversary Playstation 4. Other games I either didn’t recognize, or didn’t exist (probably the later). I think my plan was to transport the games to a different location so they could more easily be refurbished and repaired. So of course, I do the most logical thing and try to sail the games across a lake on a shoddily made raft, where they run a huge risk of being completely ruined by being submerged in water. Good going dream me, you dumbass. The lake itself was semi-circular, with one side being fairly sandy, and the other side being only partially sandy with an abundance of trees behind it. I was on the former side, and my goal was to get to the later.

I very desperately kept paddling the raft across the lake, as it seemed several unknown creatures from underneath the surface were attacking it. Miraculously, I made it to a tall shore covered by a thicket of woodland with all of the games intact. I took a moment to relax along the sandier side of the shore, when out of the lake appeared an attractive woman with dark brown skin and long, straight black hair (with her… ‘tah-tahs’ being partially hidden in the water). The other half of her body was submerged in water, but I believe she was a merfolk.

The dream then jumps, as dreams tend to do, to several years later, where I have a ring on my left ring finger with some Poseiden-looking figure inscribed into it. If I’m being honest, I thought the ring looked kind of ugly. Nothing in the dream that I remember outright confirms it, but I think I was now married to the woman, and she could now move on land, a-la The Little Mermaid (I hope she doesn’t feel immense pain while walking). I exited the room I was in, holding both my ring and the female counterpart ring. The room in question was a nice, modest hotel room with blue painted walls, an entrance hall leading to a large bedroom, and a bathroom to the right of said hall. I believe the merfolk woman was resting in the bedroom, but I didn’t go to check.

Leaving the hotel, I drove to a quaint-looking road-side bar and grill. I forget the name, but it had a neon sign, several cars parked, and some faint music playing. I would be unsurprised if this place was inspired by a mixture of The River Oasis Café, which I visited while in Stillwater Minnesota 2 or so weeks ago, and The Bang Bang Bar from Twin Peaks (the location set of which still exists as a real bar and grill), which was on my mind since I watched Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me last Friday. It was here, at the edge of the roadside bar and grill near the parked cars that I began talking to a blond-haired woman. Not in a romantic way, but more as an acquaintance, and she asked if I could make it rain really hot (but not to the point of being scalding) water. I looked at the 2 rings I had, and I think communicated with the merfolk woman and did exactly that. The dream ends with the cold night being warmed by the rain.

Also of note, several hours before going to bed last night I watched a Did You Know Gaming video on the Playstation 4, which might be why most of the games I saw were associated with the Playstation brand, and why there was a 20th anniversary Playstation 4 among the collection. I also have been listening to the Myths and Legends podcast. One episode in particular I listened to this week was the original story of The Little Mermaid, which is a lot more messed up and incoherent than the much lighter Disney film would have you believe. That may have been what led to me thinking about this (quite attractive) merfolk woman. Though like I said, I hope she doesn’t feel immense pain every time she walks and didn’t sacrifice her voice, because that would be unwise, and make me feel sad.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:04 pm
A dream from a while ago: I had a dream that a giant wave hit me and put me into a coma. When I woke up, my Skype chats and all my friends were gone.... That's it.

Nooooope.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:29 am
Ever since my new puppy came into my life, I don't think I've had a single dream. Or at least any I can remember. I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the two
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:57 am
Defectminus wrote:Ever since my new puppy came into my life, I don't think I've had a single dream. Or at least any I can remember. I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the two

You don't need dreams because your mind is content with your new pupper.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:54 pm
Geomancer wrote:
Defectminus wrote:Ever since my new puppy came into my life, I don't think I've had a single dream. Or at least any I can remember. I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the two

You don't need dreams because your mind is content with your new pupper.

Aaaaand I jinxed it.

Last night I had horrible nightmares.

8/29/16

The first nightmare I remember was a JoJo related one. The anime had finished and I was really happy, however, they had completely took out Kira's father. It wasn't really scary, but it was just off putting.

Now onto the heavy stuff. The big nightmare last night was about my puppy, Roy. I had gotten out of bed and he was gone. Usually he sleeps under my bed, but he just wasn't there. I had approached my mother and sister for help, and we drove around the city searching for him.

We searched every nook and cranny of the city; stores, parks, anything we could think of. Eventually, we got to my old Catholic high school. I heard Roy bark, when I was in the parking lot. It sounded like it was coming from the schools other building and a door close. I ran as fast as I can to the building and enter through the back. The building was completely different on the inside.It was like the inside of a college building.

I searched almost every room and I heard Roy's barking echo throughout the building. No matter how hard and thorough I searched, I just couldn't find him.

Needless to say, I was so happy to wake up to Roy jumping on the bed and licking my face.
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 pm
A while back, I had a dream that I was some kind of movie secret agent or something, gunning down bad guys alongside my nephew, Sam. I noticed how fluent his English was, and said, "Y'know, it seems like just yesterday you were just making baby noises."

That's because it was yesterday. He's barely over a year old. He is precious.
PreviousNext

Return to Formal Talk