Dream Sharing & Journaling Thread

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 pm
KirbyKid showed interest in the idea of a chat where people could share and talk with one another about the dreams they’ve had. I thought it would be fun to make a thread for such a topic and maybe get more people to visit sub-forums that aren’t DEATH BATTLE related. So get in here and start dreaming! I’d also like to add that discussion on theories about dreams and why we have them are welcome too.

Thread Rules are as follows

1. This is a public forum, so be mindful about what personal information you share with everyone.

2. Avoid having the content in these dreams be described in a way that is NSFW or unnecessarily explicit. That’s not to say you can’t make a post saying you had a dream about a sexual encounter with a very attractive goth chick, but try to keep things tasteful. And try to avoid having every dream entry be about stuff like this. I mean come on, only about 8% of all dreams are about sex. If you are wondering whether the dream you’re describing is appropriate or not, please PM me before posting it, and I’ll try to give a response as soon as possible.

3. Old dreams from years back and new dreams are allowed. If you can, try to include the date the dream occurred, and maybe events that were going on in your life that might be related to the dream (that you’re comfortable with sharing of course).

4. Everyone has messed up or illogical dreams from time to time, and they don’t necessarily reflect them as an individual. So try to be open-minded.

5. All standard forum rules apply here as well. Don’t anger forum overlord Abrams.

I’ll start this off with what I currently consider the best dream I’ve ever had.

6/19/2013

An oddly humorous and very awesome dream occurred. My real-life friends Taylor, Ronnie, and I think Rob and I were hanging out in a filthy, puke green, washed out bathroom, and Taylor began performing a Satanic ritual of sorts. He did this so he could play around with and set a bunch of weird skull monsters loose. It looked like how Taylor would behave if he found a mod for a game that let him infinitely spawn enemies. The entire thing felt like a game as a matter of fact. Unfortunately, we suddenly realized summoning psychotic, demonic entities wasn’t a good idea, and learned that one of them was returning with loud, steady footsteps… Despite the fact that the creature floated. We all hid in separate bathroom stalls, kind of like in the game ClockTower, when the monster began trying to break down the stall Taylor was hiding in.

As the monster was about to kill Taylor, Ronnie ran towards it dragging a giant sword (Buster Sword-sized) with a chainsaw edge to it, and tried to lift the weapon, but failed. Now with the monster’s attention focused on Ronnie, I ran out of my stall, successfully picked up the chainsaw-edged sword, and cut through the monster with it. Then I fought another one, and had one of those over-the-top, samurai-esque, sword clashes with it where we both leap at each other, and both make one swift cut. I killed it. I have no idea what Rob was doing this entire time. It has been a LONG time since I’ve had a dream as narcissistically gratifying as this one.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:18 pm
TheLousyTactician wrote:6/19/2013

When the dream is so dank, you remember the exact date it happened.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:18 am
If only I could remember the dreams I've had over the years or when I had them.
The Result of the next Death Battle...
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:44 am
Geomancer wrote:
TheLousyTactician wrote:6/19/2013

When the dream is so dank, you remember the exact date it happened.

I actually keep a dream journal, and have exact dates for all the dreams I have had from 4/26/2012 to today.

deathlightning25 wrote:If only I could remember the dreams I've had over the years or when I had them.

It's not mandatory that you know when you had said dreams, though you do need some recollection of what they were about.

Also there are pretty simple techniques and habits you can follow to improve the frequency that you remember dreams. A quick Google search should provide plenty of results if you want to learn about them, but just thinking things like, 'I will have a dream and I will remember it' before going to bed helps.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 pm
What a cool thread!

Two nights ago, (12/30/15), I had this really weird dream. My school's library was on fire and the characters from Gears of War were looking for cover. Out of nowhere, Adolf Hitler comes out and approaches the COGs and just beats the hell out of them with his bare hands. Then the locusts come in and get whooped by Hitler. Should I be worried or something?
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 pm
Defectminus wrote:What a cool thread!

Two nights ago, (12/30/15), I had this really weird dream. My school's library was on fire and the characters from Gears of War were looking for cover. Out of nowhere, Adolf Hitler comes out and approaches the COGs and just beats the hell out of them with his bare hands. Then the locusts come in and get whooped by Hitler. Should I be worried or something?

Have you been reading or studying World War II? Or playing Gears of War for that matter?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:58 pm
TheLousyTactician wrote:
Defectminus wrote:What a cool thread!

Have you been reading or studying World War II? Or playing Gears of War for that matter?

Nah, that's one reason why it's pretty weird to me. I haven't played Gears of War in years and I have no interest in things relating to World War II
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:40 am
12/12/15

Me and some of my friends went to the future after finding a time machine in the woods.

We go inside a the future is a robot apocalypse but everything still runs normally there is still commerce and stuff like that, and I meet a friend of mine whos aged a whole 10 years, but it was funny because he was REALLY fat now.

So he directs me to my old highschool and my best friends son was there and he looked EXACTLY like my best friend but with blonde highlights for some reason.

We talk and hangout, and before I woke up i asked him what his name was, it was Sidney.

And then I woke up.

I woke up with a smile I never felt so good about a dream lol.

MY POYO WILL POYO THE POYO!!!
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:43 am
I have this really good dream that's gonna take a while for me to type up, I don't have the date for it but I remember every single part of it because it was my best dream ever.

MY POYO WILL POYO THE POYO!!!
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm
Can't remember last night's dream clear enough, but I do remember fighting hordes of zombies, and I once took down several of them with a pool cue stick by impaling them through the head. And I was fighting for one side while another was safe yet trying to feign ignorance about the plague.
Next

Return to Formal Talk