Dream Sharing & Journaling Thread

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 am
9/12/16

Had the first dream I've had in a while.

I dreamt I was Batman.

Not Bruce Wayne, I mean my alter ego was Batman. And I was terrible at my job. The first thing I remember was stumbling through one of the Riddler's puzzles, and he was heckling me about it during class through text. Yes, for some ungodly reason, I had all of villains as contacts on my phone. Did I mention I was a terrible Batman?

I was like "Not now, Riddler! I'm in class!"

"Yes, now!" He replied, and I fell through a trapdoor and into a death trap with spinning blades and pressure plates and whatnot.

Riddler made a joke about a mouse going through a maze for cheese doing a better job, and then I woke up once I recklessly charged through and got my ass cut up.

Maybe I should stay away from the Arkham games for a while.
"You are kind of weird, and that's okay. Normal people are boring."

The most BAMF momma's boy who ever lived

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:51 am
ok so this one is short and weird at the same time

"The dream began in a garden. It was a very temple looking garden near some house that i didnt really care about for some reason. Anyway I was the owner of that garden and i was also a woman...yes a woman. The next thing that happens is a giant mossy tortoise comes in and i guess he was my pet for some reason..i dont know because i definitly treated him as my pet. The dream ends as I put my palm on tortoises face

Keep in mind this was a long time ago, tho I dont remeber exactly when.
me watching americans freaking out over politics
Spoiler
they're done for aren't they?
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:44 am
I had a dream in which they uploaded a bunch of DBXs that all end in one character just tripping over something and dying right in the middle of the fight. I was unable to convince anyone that this was not cool.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Iron Joe wrote:I had a dream in which they uploaded a bunch of DBXs that all end in one character just tripping over something and dying right in the middle of the fight. I was unable to convince anyone that this was not cool.

The animator was obviously Masahiro Sakurai.
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:05 pm
I had a dream in which my former Calculus professor was somehow elected President. In light of recent events, I was so relieved. Happy, even, although I have no idea what his political stances are. He's a really nice guy, and he's not Donald Trump. He was still at the community college, where I would casually refer to him as "Mr. President" just because I could.

I was a little sad when I woke up, as if there was any possibility of what I saw being real in the slightest. Dreams are funny like that. They make you really believe the stupidest shit, if only for a moment.

I feel kinda bad for dropping his class, but I was getting my ass kicked, to the point where it was either drop or fail. The deed was done on the very last day I could do it without academic penalty, but long after refunds were taken off the table.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Location: Somewhere over Rainbow Road, where Blue Shells fly.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:30 am
Decided to try at reviving this, plus seems appropriate considering it's Groundhog Day.

So I'm currently back in the States after having spent Christmas break back in the Philippines and enjoying time with family and friends, all that fun shit people do on vacation. This dream has me reliving my last day back home - I'm on the plane and about to leave when I decide to take a nap because I stayed up all night packing. I wake up, look at the screen in front of me and I'm surprised that for some reason I wasn't on a flight from Manila to LA but on my original flight back in December. Nobody seemed to be aware of it but me, and I decide to test things out.

I go through one loop doing the exact same things I did the first go around, and theorize that things will play out the exact same way. The next few loops I decide to mess around and do things differently - obviously, some things have changed but seemed pretty fine. On my fifth loop, the people I'm with slowly realize that they're stuck in a time loop too - first with my mom, then my other first-degree relatives, my high school friends, so on and so forth (amusingly, none of my relatives from the States noticed).

The things that "break" the dream, at which point I wake up, end up looking like this:

1. I find myself re-enrolling in my old university, and my flight back was to get my stuff to move back.
2. Rogue One ends with everyone surviving, leading to Disney announcing a sequel a week after Christmas.
3. The Sword Art Online movie was for some reason showing and surprisingly wasn't shit.
4. The Electoral College bars Trump from entering the White House, and Obama decides to somehow cash in a secret ability that allows him to run a third final term.
5. Deadpool vs. Pinkie Pie doesn't end the third season of DB; Lara vs. Nate moves up to January as the finale and Nate wins (the forums don't blow up and are all like "as expected"). S4 begins with Frieza/Megatron.
When you learn that you're about to die.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 am
ramonzer0 wrote:Decided to try at reviving this, plus seems appropriate considering it's Groundhog Day.

So I'm currently back in the States after having spent Christmas break back in the Philippines and enjoying time with family and friends, all that fun shit people do on vacation. This dream has me reliving my last day back home - I'm on the plane and about to leave when I decide to take a nap because I stayed up all night packing. I wake up, look at the screen in front of me and I'm surprised that for some reason I wasn't on a flight from Manila to LA but on my original flight back in December. Nobody seemed to be aware of it but me, and I decide to test things out.

I go through one loop doing the exact same things I did the first go around, and theorize that things will play out the exact same way. The next few loops I decide to mess around and do things differently - obviously, some things have changed but seemed pretty fine. On my fifth loop, the people I'm with slowly realize that they're stuck in a time loop too - first with my mom, then my other first-degree relatives, my high school friends, so on and so forth (amusingly, none of my relatives from the States noticed).

Huh, I don't think I've ever had a time-loop dream. I should look up how common those are at some point.

It's been a while, and since the thread just got revived I might as well share one of my favorite dreams from last year.

10/3/2016

"This was a pretty fun, if kind of violent, dream I had. I was in the back yard of a house, walking towards a ground-level sliding porch door. I don’t believe it was my own house. The design and scenery surrounding it was familiar, but the overall structure was different. For example, this house was built on perfectly flat land whereas the one I live in is built along a hill.

As I walked towards my house I saw a masked figure in some blue and grey garbs holding a baseball bat. I don’t think the costume was supposed to represent any character in particular. If it did no character springs to mind. Though I admittedly can’t remember the details too well. The appearance of this stranger startled me, but I regained my composure, laughed it off, told him hi and that his costume looks pretty cool. I’m not sure why I laughed off a costumed stranger suddenly appearing on my own property. The only explanation I could think of is it was Halloween, but I didn’t see any reference to that in the dream. The trees and leaves were still incredibly green, and everything around me suggested a mid-summer day.

For one reason or another the stranger didn’t like this compliment I gave him, ran up to me, aggressively grabbed me by the shirt, and pushed me up against a glass sliding door. He said some threatening or vile comment (I think part of what he shouted was ‘this outfit isn’t cool!’). We proceeded to work out this costumed fellow's unexpected anger the way any civilized human being would: By squaring off in a fight using baseball bats. I’m not sure where I got my own baseball bat mind you. Try as I might it seemed none of my hits could land a good blow. This stranger either dodged them, or parried them. And I was taking blows like a sandbag.

At some point during this fight the terrain suddenly changed without my knowing. It was now dusk and the sky was an unreal orange. The grassy ground was replaced with an all-black, glass surface floor, which contained separate buttons and panels that did different things when stepped on. Upon reflection the ground seemed like the surface to a touch screen. Why was this relevant? Well, you know how in Metal Gear Solid 5 you can distract soldiers by attaching pictures of an anime girl to a cardboard box? I think the same logic worked with this stranger who was beating the shit out of me. So I quickly learned which buttons made a holographic image of an anime girl appear and where, and also how to make the stranger look that way. Cue him completely letting his guard down, me batting him across the body, and delivering a final blow to his masked face so hard I think I sent him flying. I’m pretty sure I didn’t kill him since this dream followed ‘it’s fiction’ logic, and just gave him a really bad concussion. It still felt good."

Me when I woke up from this dream...

Spoiler
"Hello there, Ms. Post-Apocalyptic Biker"
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm
In my most recent dream, there was such a thing as a Psychonauts MMO. Would probably play, if just for the lore.

In the same dream, a trailer showed that Super Mario Odyssey had some kind of level-up system. I don't know if such a thing would be a great idea.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 pm
A couple of nights ago, I had a dream where I was climbing on a billboard. The sign started to lean and I eventually fell with it. I couldn't hold on and I eventually fell hard on the pavement. My legs were blown out from the back. I tried crawling to safety for some reason, but I passed by an Irish guy. Instead of helping me, he called me, "a fucking retard".
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:03 pm
Defectminus wrote: but I passed by an Irish guy. Instead of helping me, he called me, "a fucking retard".

Why you dreamin' of Shad?
PreviousNext

Return to Formal Talk