2016 US Presidential Elections

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.

Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:31 pm
Donald Trump is going to make this country win so much we're going to get tired of winning.

All hail the God Emperor.

I couldn't be happier with the results of this election. Building a wall on the border, throwing Clinton in prison, SJW tears flooding the streets. Top kek.

And some perspective for those comparing Hitler and Trump: Hitler was an art school dropout, a bum, and a veteran of WWI. Trump is a business tycoon. Hitler rejected liberal capitalism as plutocratic. Trump is a New York billionaire whose entire life has been built around the market. Hitler was virulently antisemitic. Trump's daughter is Jewish. Hitler was a militarist. Trump is anti-war. The only things they have in common are that they rose to power through populist sentiment against their respective political establishments, and both value the nation-state over radical individualism and globalism.

I mean come on. No, he's not Hitler. And it's dumb that it needs to be challenged as a concept. You have Hillary Clinton ready to start a nuclear war with Russia but Trump is Hitler because he says mean things? Total nonsense.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Location: Somewhere over Rainbow Road, where Blue Shells fly.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:04 pm
Iustitia wrote:Donald Trump is going to make this country win so much we're going to get tired of winning.

All hail the God Emperor.

I couldn't be happier with the results of this election. Building a wall on the border, throwing Clinton in prison, SJW tears flooding the streets. Top kek.

And some perspective for those comparing Hitler and Trump: Hitler was an art school dropout, a bum, and a veteran of WWI. Trump is a business tycoon. Hitler rejected liberal capitalism as plutocratic. Trump is a New York billionaire whose entire life has been built around the market. Hitler was virulently antisemitic. Trump's daughter is Jewish. Hitler was a militarist. Trump is anti-war. The only things they have in common are that they rose to power through populist sentiment against their respective political establishments, and both value the nation-state over radical individualism and globalism.

I mean come on. No, he's not Hitler. And it's dumb that it needs to be challenged as a concept. You have Hillary Clinton ready to start a nuclear war with Russia but Trump is Hitler because he says mean things? Total nonsense.

Ehh, when you get past the initial shock, the reality sets in and life moves on.

I want him to be a good president. He deserves a fair run - praise him if he does good things, and attack him for any shit he pulls off.

I'll admit that the Raiden gif came from a place of frustration because I'm currently dealing with Asian "would be Trump" already and I disagree with a lot of what he's done and said, and seeing the States almost do the same struck a nerve.

While I hate the man's character as a lot apparently do, he still needs time to prove what kind of leader he really is when he takes the White House next year and vindicate either the people who supported him or the people who tried hard to prevent him from being President.
When you learn that you're about to die.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:56 am
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 pm
>nuclear war with Russia

I'm no fan of Hillary but this is really fuckin dumb. Establishing a no fly zone in a small part of Syria may potentially lead to conflict between the States and Russia in that area, but beyond that not much is certain. Besides last I checked there was going to be some sort of attempted negotiation with Russia before the fact to minimize the chances of this. Acting like that will easily escalate into nuclear conflict is just alarmist bullshit.

The raging tumblrinas are a beautiful thing to witness tho.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:12 pm
My dad's constantly playing these Republican radio shows, and they're so goddamn smug, making fun of every minority who's (RIGHTFULLY) scared of Trump. I can't fucking stand it.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:07 pm
Iron Joe wrote:My dad's constantly playing these Republican radio shows, and they're so goddamn smug, making fun of every minority who's (RIGHTFULLY) scared of Trump. I can't fucking stand it.

That's just more alarmist bullshit from the other side. There will be no mass deportation forces, they've said as much. They've said they'll focus on illegals involved in criminal activity but made it super clear that there will be no men with arm bands knocking on the doors of every brown person. Muslim immigration won't be banned outside of maybe those coming from areas that are highly likely to have active terrorists, which isn't exactly unreasonable. Perhaps a few more hoops to jump through in the vetting process as well. Gay and Trans people have nothing to fear either in all likelyhood. Trump clearly couldn't care less about those issues.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:36 pm
I mean, that said, everyone should be scared of a climate change denier being in the White House.

But you know what's worse than people against Trump thinking he's going to hurt gays, transexuals, and basically every minority you can name?

Trump supporters who think so.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrul ... .tqkzzmRx2

Yeesh.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 pm
Yeah, the climate change denialism and general anti-science shit is very troubling and one of the main reasons I didn't vote for him.

>Buzzfeed
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm
I didn't even notice that was buzzfeed, I was just linked to it on Twitter.

also:

Spoiler
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:53 pm
GradeAUnderA brings up a very good point: The Presidency is like a promotion. You don't promote your employees who start working overtime only after you advertise the promotion. You promote the employee who was already doing that. And boy, was Bernie ever. In other words, you should look at what candidates did and said before they started campaigning, instead of when they just started saying stuff to get votes. Here's the video, that particular point is made at around 5:23.

I know it's too late to use anything Grade said now, but it might be worth keeping in mind in 2020.

I just hope we don't fall for this again when Kanye runs.
PreviousNext

Return to Formal Talk