paper abortions

Politics, Social Issues, Religion, Philosophy & other Serious Topics Only.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:11 am
Bet none of you thought I'd pop up here.

But yeah, keeping it short and simple, should men (and women if the woman in question isn't the pregnant partner) be allowed to sign away all parental rights and the responsibilities that societies have this weird tendency to attach to rights?
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:37 am
If all parties agree on every term, then I don't see why not.
Mr. ChaoticMeltdown is one rad dude
Two-time g1AfterDark Award-winner.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:08 pm
Finn wrote:If all parties agree on every term, then I don't see why not.

Because this is going too well, what if the pregnant party disagrees? The mother to be doesn't require her partners consent for her abortion options...or am I behind the times on that?

Should the "paper abortions" also follow the time lines and fees of a regular? (Think that'd be a minimum as even trollzilla agrees its a dick move to wait till labor to drop them papers)
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:14 pm
Except under extreme and/or severely extenuating circumstances, I'm of the opinion "It takes two to tango".

Even if the "Baby Daddy" wants (and in some cases shouldn't) have anything to do with the child, they still made the decision that brought a life in to this world, and should be help responsible unless the mother agrees. Vice Versa as well.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:42 pm
Abrams X wrote:Except under extreme and/or severely extenuating circumstances, I'm of the opinion "It takes two to tango".

Even if the "Baby Daddy" wants (and in some cases shouldn't) have anything to do with the child, they still made the decision that brought a life in to this world, and should be help responsible unless the mother agrees. Vice Versa as well.

Wait....are you trying to say women can't or shouldn't get abortions if the other party doesn't agree?
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:11 pm
showzilla wrote:
Abrams X wrote:Except under extreme and/or severely extenuating circumstances, I'm of the opinion "It takes two to tango".

Wait....are you trying to say women can't or shouldn't get abortions if the other party doesn't agree?

showzilla wrote:should [individual parents] be allowed to sign away all parental rights and the responsibilities that societies have this weird tendency to attach to rights?

I thought this was a discussion about "Parental Rights" and not actual abortions? That's what I gathered from the your OP and the terminology of the Topic Title.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 pm
Abrams X wrote:
showzilla wrote:

showzilla wrote:should [individual parents] be allowed to sign away all parental rights and the responsibilities that societies have this weird tendency to attach to rights?

I thought this was a discussion about "Parental Rights" and not actual abortions? That's what I gathered from the your OP and the terminology of the Topic Title.

Yeah, I was just making sure.

But the ability to terminate parental rights for the non pregnant partner is often compared to abortion as the child is pretty much dead to them.

As far as I know, a woman can give birth(and in horrifiying fanfics, men) and leave the munchkin there...but I could be wrong.
It's a Cat. I Think
It's a Cat. I Think
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:05 am
I don't see why it would be necessary. If you don't want to be a part of the child's life, then don't be. It isn't that if you have parental rights you are obligated to be a part of the child's life, or is it a requirement to pay child support. Neither of those are rights you are waiving. They are obligations, legal in terms of child support.

I don't see the point in formally renouncing your parental rights. Is it that big an issue that someone would waltz in down the road to try and asset their authority after being negligent for how many ever years?
You're so vain. You probably think this signature's about you.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:03 pm
I'm with Abrams on this one. I can't imagine being raised by only one parent.
Pictured above: A boldfaced lie
It's a Cat. I Think
It's a Cat. I Think
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:39 am
Iron Joe wrote:I'm with Abrams on this one. I can't imagine being raised by only one parent.

It happens, though. There is really no legal mechanism that can force you to parent someone. Even if you mandated that they have to spend so much time with the child, there is no way to ensure that is quality time. There are only legal mechanisms to ensure that you are doing your part in maintaining the material well being of your offspring.

I mean, it would have sucked to have not had one of my parents in the picture. I'm sure I would have still turned out an ok guy though. There are plenty of examples of people who have turned out ok being raised by single parents. I don't think it is something we can bring into the equation. Having two parents is not in itself a condition for surviving and developing.
You're so vain. You probably think this signature's about you.

Return to Formal Talk