Death Battle!: Raven vs Twilight Sparkle

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 pm
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:>the community is so close to being dead that we couldn't even muster up a big upset like last time

Or maybe people are less angry this time.
Don’t get me wrong, this place is very close to being dead, but still.

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 pm
Eagleby18 wrote:I've been looking for something more than just implications that Twilight scales to Celestia and Luna without the powerup, and while I haven't seen anything in the show yet I found some stuff in the comics.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/csap-screenshot-storage/images/b/b6/Feat_REF_Hurting_Dark_Celestia.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171118145659
Here she damages and takes hits from alternate universe versions of Celestia and Luna. Are they as strong as the original versions? Probably?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/csap-screenshot-storage/images/7/73/Fear_SOTCE_Chrysalis_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171118150357
Here she holds of a villain who had previously oneshotted Celestia (the original one) and keeps her at bay long enough that a second villain has to step in.

So maybe Twilight's star level without the powerup after all. Does Raven still win anyway? What are her feats anyway?

Likely Solar System and MFTL for being able to even somewhat fight Hal Jordan, unless he was holding back or taken by surprise which honestly could've happened
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 am
I'm very interested in how they do the previews and then the full character breakdown. Because with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, they did it with kind of a "joke" mentality.

Here though, as someone noted earlier, it's a much more serious tone, as this is very much a "real" battle. As such, I think the breakdown for the fight for Twilight Sparkle might be a little different from previous MLP's.
A Smooth Criminal
A Smooth Criminal
Location: The Other Side Of Darkness, just up the road from Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 pm
You do know that means Starlight scales to Celestia and Luna, right? As well as Starswirl.

Trump victory. RIP Earth
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 pm
And Raven scales to Trigon. So who cares? Hell there was even a point where Raven had control over his entire domain.
Unlimited Blade Works
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm
The fact that people can repeatedly say those names in a completely serious context without a hint of awareness as to how ridiculous it sounds it really funny
Death Battle as of late:
12cheeper wrote:Next time is actually disgusting.

Spoiler

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 pm
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:The fact that people can repeatedly say those names in a completely serious context without a hint of awareness as to how ridiculous it sounds it really funny

I’d imagine there are quite a few fictional character named Celstia or Luna. Still kinda funny though.

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm
DarthGeist wrote:And Raven scales to Trigon. So who cares? Hell there was even a point where Raven had control over his entire domain.

What has Trigon done that isn't overhyped statements like Bill Cipher? Least in the show. Not sure about his comic form
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Trigon warped the entire world upon entering the Earth and if it wasn't for Raven protecting the Titans, they'd all be dead and incapable of anything. Dude was proceeding to send his minions, that he creates from his own energy, to numerous other planets to take over the universe as he had done with his home dimension. Not unlike how he did things in the comics. In YJ/TT he pretty much destroyed Azerath in one fell swoop.
Spoiler
Unlimited Blade Works
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm
In the comics (New 52), he actually altered the mind of Robin to serve his own goals (it was weird), tore a whole in the fabric of reality so that he could enter it, create massive illusions (making the Titans think a whole bunch of people were dead), and a whole lot more.

Also, in the latest DB Cast, the team seems really excited for this battle, Ben called it a very "interesting" one. Not sure how to take that.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!