That's not a Bee, that's a....BEAR!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 pm
Youtube version is up
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tD9WCpNFpnY[/youtube]
I heard there was a bat problem?

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 pm
That was really good. Loved the animation and how it kept switching settings. Should be renamed Batman vs Black Panther vs some animals.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm
A solid episode overall. The animation was good too, though felt a slight bit slow in the beginning. On the other hand, Panther's final assault on Bats looked really good. Easily the best part of the fight.
The King comes for the W.

You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:46 pm
Pretty good episode. It sort of relied on Batman & BP focusing on stuff other than them, fighting Lions in zoo, Batman taking advantage of specific battlefield, but as long as result is right I don’t think that’s a too big of an issue.

They also decided to change their theme song.

…Not too big on new one.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:They also decided to change their theme song.

…Not too big on new one.

I don't like it. The original theme was suitable, it fit like a glove.
Spoiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:
TMaakkonen wrote:They also decided to change their theme song.

…Not too big on new one.

I don't like it. The original theme was suitable, it fit like a glove.

Since you talked about it before, what did you think of the fight length?
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:17 pm
Given prep time Bats can find a way to counter Vibranium and would fully use it.

Unfortunately Black Panther is just about the worst person in comics for Bats to get into a who can outprep who battle.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:43 pm
I've seen a lot of people saying Batman's standard on utility belt sonics would've been enough to take down Panther, which neglects the fact Panther would fight back against the weapons, and that Klaw is basically a sonic Green Lantern who Panther has dealt with on many occasions...and also that the examples of overload they showed included the suit unleashing an area of effect blast that could hurt Batman as much or more than Panther. Based just on one comic where Panther dealt with Klaw and the Avengers spectated the suit didn't show damage until they were in cqc underwater and Klaw was reaching the level of a sonic bomb of nuclear scale. So sure...Batman could probably make a sonic weapon to take out T'Challa, and several city blocks in Gotham at least..unless it was extremely focused and even then there's probably going to be damage to stuff besides T'Challa...and assumes T'Challa wouldn't assume Batman would figure out something about using sonic weaponry and prepare for sonic weaponry, then it gets into "well yeah T'Challa would assume x but Batman would also assume that T'Challa would assume x and do y but T'Challa would know that Batman would know to do y and do z" etc.

Prep is just kinda too impossible to use for a Death Battle format show unfortunately since it would either devolve into making up things they might do or just assumes specific things they've done before and I'm fairly sure Panther has bigger bullshit on that note unless there was a time Batman used prep to straight up fight a being that was likely multiversal with his technically bare hands that was legit.
I heard there was a bat problem?

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 pm
So remember when they changed the show's logo (for the worse) and everyone bitched that it didn't fit the theme anymore? Looks like they tried to fix it... but not in the way everyone wanted them to.

Anyway, the fight itself was pretty good overall. It started to lose my interest around the middle with the lions (that part kinda felt pointless), but near the end it more than made up for that. Also I like how they basically admitted that this match was one-sided and the only reason it happened is because it was so highly requested.

Speaking of which... next time. You see, unlike the last two ponies they used, Twilight had some actually legitimate possible opponents for Death Battle (most popularly Harry Potter and Star Butterfly), but instead they go with... a character who has nothing in common but a voice actor and the color purple?

I bet it's because they know Raven stomps her and want to make an episode where a pony loses, so autists would stop calling them biased.
Last edited by Eagleby18 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm
My thoughts on new match.
Spoiler
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!