Death Battle Season 04, What Worked And What Didn't

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 pm
ToddTalk wrote:Then you are a really harsh critic, which I should've known by now based on previous posts. RWBY has gotten better, and even in the beginning stages it had some jaw-dropping animations. And the upgrade we got in Season 04 (and now Season 05) just makes it even better.

Honestly, RWBY has never really been...good, per say. Shoddy story telling, bad fight scenes, subpar voice acting, and no clear tone.

I don't want to hate it, but it's pretty easy to .

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm
I’d probably actually need to fully watch it to form an opinion on it.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:I’d probably actually need to fully watch it to form an opinion on it.

It's enjoyable on some aspects, definitley. At first glance I liked it, but when I actually started to think about things, nothing honestly makes that much sense.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 pm
It got pretty bad in the later parts of Volume 3 and hit rock bottom for most of Volume 4 sans the last couple of episodes.Series peaked in volume 2 tbh.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 pm
From what I've seen, the models look better than they once did, but that's about it in terms of improvement.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 am
Yeah, the biggest loss was the quality of fight choreography after Monty's passing. Fights have never been the same since, and even this last episode which had the biggest scale fight of the whole show so far... Was honestly pretty meh. Bunch of DBZ zipping around, air-rock jumping and just really... Cliche stuff. At least early RWBY had great jaw-droppers like Ruby decapitating the Nevermore, and the Blake/Sun vs Roman fight. Nothing's really come close since.

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:16 am
I suppose that’s to be expected of a series who’s creator died mid-way through.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:07 am
Haven't been around here in a few months! Good to be back. Let's see...

Favorite S4 fight: Power Rangers vs. Voltron. Far and away Torri's best work to date, imo. The choreography was amazing, the music rocked, and the research and its presentation (as well as conclusion) were satisfying. It's probably in my Top 5 DBs. And, you know... we dig giant robots.

Least favorite S4 fight: Android 18 vs. Captain Marvel. Completely nonsensical matchup, if you ask me. To this day I still see no commonalities between the two other than ... powerful blondes? Even one of the biggest common points they brought up (the whole energy absorption thing) was later discredited, which Ben even acknowledges.

What DB can improve for S5: PRESENTATION OF INFORMATION! Seriously, I cannot get over the fact that in Seph vs. Verg, Verg was presented as being immune to illusion powers, but then the conclusion presented illusion powers as a big factor to Seph winning? They twisted what was ORIGINALLY presented as a strength into a weakness. Bear in mind that I've never played either FF7 or DMC games, so to a casual viewer it seemed they went against what they were telling me in the analyses portions.

Grade for S4: 6.5/10. Better than Season 3, but not as good as Seasons 1 or 2. Here's hoping to a great Season 5!

Better-than-expected fight: Shredder vs. Silver Samurai, hands down. Purely because SS isn't a very major character in the comics but they brought him in against a well-known character like Shredder, which turned to be a matchup that made a lot of sense unlike A18 vs. Cap Marvel. And Luis's animation was thrillingly fast paced.

Combatants I'm happy to see in S4: Ace, since he's my favorite character in One Piece. But who they pitted him against... meh. Same for Ichigo (YUSUKE WAS ROBBED, I TELLS YA!). It was cool seeing Zero too.

S4 battle that would've been cooler in 3D: Naruto vs. Ichigo. On the one hand, it's a super iconic. On the other hand, I get why they couldn't have done it due to Ichigo's final forms never having been animated before. But still...

When you spend all your time on the internet...
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:55 am
If there's one thing about Season 04 that bothered me, it was the music for the Balrog vs. TJ Combo fight: It was TJ Combo's theme music. Kind of sucks all suspense out of a fight if the music played during it is one of the fighter's theme song.

Now, they could have played something different during most of the fight, and started TJ's theme up when he gets up and makes a comeback with his Last Breath after being floored by Balrog.
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:54 am
http://g1dbteamblogs.blogspot.fi/2018/0 ... eason.html

The G1 DB Fan Blog created rankings of this season, and frankly, I think their list is mostly good ranking of this season’s episodes. Sub-Zero vs Glacius was easily worst, although I can’t say directly which was best.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!