Death Battle Season 04, What Worked And What Didn't

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:12 pm
ToddTalk wrote: pulled straight from RWBY.

That’s because it was.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 pm
ToddTalk wrote:I don't think Yang vs. Tifa was that bad. Tifa's character model was definitely one of the lower quality models, but Yang's seemed like it was pulled straight from RWBY.

that's because it WAS pulled from RWBY

and RWBY looks like shit
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
I think RWBY looks decent.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm
It looks much better now than it did at the time. I should have said RWBY looked like shit.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm
RWBY is very good quality. Now, the DB with Yang had some obvious faults in how Yang was animated, but Torrian himself noted that he was working until the literal last possible minute on that one (they did a DB Live with the voices actresses of Yang and Tifa), so I'm not going to blame him for some of the errors.

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:53 am
ToddTalk wrote:RWBY is very good quality. Now, the DB with Yang had some obvious faults in how Yang was animated, but Torrian himself noted that he was working until the literal last possible minute on that one (they did a DB Live with the voices actresses of Yang and Tifa), so I'm not going to blame him for some of the errors.

Keep in mind if Torrian wanted the DB to look good for Yang, he would have needed to use the same shaders as RWBY does, which he could have easily found out what they are and applied considering the proximity between RT and SA. So instead of just Tifa looking like shit with a RWBY shader, they both looked like shit. Keep in mind that shaders are what cause characters to look how they do, usually, so characters like Hulk and Thor look VERY different from their model origins because the UMVC3 shaders were not applied.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 pm
ToddTalk wrote:RWBY is very good quality. Now, the DB with Yang had some obvious faults in how Yang was animated, but Torrian himself noted that he was working until the literal last possible minute on that one (they did a DB Live with the voices actresses of Yang and Tifa), so I'm not going to blame him for some of the errors.

Define, quality.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm
I mean from what I’ve seen of the first season, RWBY is pretty decent, and apparently it gets better later.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:39 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:I mean from what I’ve seen of the first season, RWBY is pretty decent, and apparently it gets better later.

No it really doesn't. If anything it's gotten progressively worse after Monty's death.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 pm
Then you are a really harsh critic, which I should've known by now based on previous posts. RWBY has gotten better, and even in the beginning stages it had some jaw-dropping animations. And the upgrade we got in Season 04 (and now Season 05) just makes it even better.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!