Death Battle Season 04, What Worked And What Didn't

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 am
I totally agree about Lara versus Nathan, Drake didn't even look like the character! I mean, what was with that hair???

And yeah, I think Naruto versus Ichigo would've been cool in 3D. However, given the amount of work that would've taken? Especially for special attacks (particle effects are murder), transformations, and the like? I can understand why they did 2D for that one.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 pm
If Thor vs. Wonder Woman is a bad Torrian animation, it's sure as hell not the first. Shits all over YvT.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:44 pm
Iron Joe wrote:If Thor vs. Wonder Woman is a bad Torrian animation, it's sure as hell not the first. Shits all over YvT.

I never watched yang vs tifa, was the animation really that bad?
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm
Yang's model looked like shit so they had to use a Tifa model that also looked like shit

And the ice looked like shit too
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:
Iron Joe wrote:If Thor vs. Wonder Woman is a bad Torrian animation, it's sure as hell not the first. Shits all over YvT.

Parts of it were. Tifa's model was pretty awful and the ice animation was a lil wack. Oh and rainbow background people. That's all i can think of.
"It's not that I don't like it or that I hate it, it's that I don't like it and I hate it."

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:53 pm
BerialEdge wrote:
justtemporaryyet wrote:

Parts of it were. Tifa's model was pretty awful and the ice animation was a lil wack. Oh and rainbow background people. That's all i can think of.

That’s the problem of having two characters with different art styles.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm
Honestly Lara vs Drake just had bad choreography. So they fight with guns at first, then Drake nabs object he and Lara fought for. Then Drake just tried to run away like a bitch while Lara tries to catchup. Then Drake got to helicopter which Lara throw pickaxe to blow it up. And Drake dies by bad luck, a helicopter blade hits him.
What kind of fight is this? It is interesting this is like 3rd or 4th most hated battle in Youtube.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm
TMaakkonen wrote:Honestly Lara vs Drake just had bad choreography. So they fight with guns at first, then Drake nabs object he and Lara fought for. Then Drake just tried to run away like a bitch while Lara tries to catchup. Then Drake got to helicopter which Lara throw pickaxe to blow it up. And Drake dies by bad luck, a helicopter blade hits him.
What kind of fight is this? It is interesting this is like 3rd or 4th most hated battle in Youtube.

It’s because of the finisher and the uncharted fan base being rabid.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm
justtemporaryyet wrote:
TMaakkonen wrote:Honestly Lara vs Drake just had bad choreography. So they fight with guns at first, then Drake nabs object he and Lara fought for. Then Drake just tried to run away like a bitch while Lara tries to catchup. Then Drake got to helicopter which Lara throw pickaxe to blow it up. And Drake dies by bad luck, a helicopter blade hits him.

It’s because of the finisher and the uncharted fan base being rabid.

Finisher was bad, but I didn’t know Uncharted has that bad fanbase. Compared to Marvel, DC and even Buu and Gaara losing got less hate. Drake logically still losing got A LOT of hate. At least Tracer vs Scout makes more sense as well, when Scout was given iffy interpretation and it had/has rivalry with OverWatch. I suppose Uncharted is just less used in VS scenarios so their hate won’t appear much in these discussions.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm
I don't think Yang vs. Tifa was that bad. Tifa's character model was definitely one of the lower quality models, but Yang's seemed like it was pulled straight from RWBY.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!