DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm
Nah,Cloud is better in quality by virtue of having an actual character rather than just being a self insert.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:57 pm
Though to be fair, Link does have a character in the Manga. Actually having personality, dialogue, interests and whatnot. And not just being a blank-faced mute like in the games. He wasn't a deep character by any means, but be was better portrayed in the written work than in the game. I still find it funny that one of the original concepts for LoZ was making it a type of dating sim.
Unlimited Blade Works

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 pm
12cheeper wrote:Nah,Cloud is better in quality by virtue of having an actual character rather than just being a self insert.

It’s mostly just because I’ve never played FF7 and like the LOZ series. Despite having minimal character (except in wind weaker to a certain extent) I’ve always thought link was really cool. Besides it’s just my opinion.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm
Granted it has been several years since I've played FF7, but I can't really remember anything all that memorable regarding Cloud as a character. I don't recall him being dreadful or anything (like say, Squall), but he didn't stand up to MC's like Zidane or Tidus for me.
Most of what I do recall about him more concretely is ... unfortunately the bad stuff they did to him after FF7 - namely the "joyless emo" Cloud from Advent Children and Dissidia.

Oh and regarding Link's stats:
Composite is planet level+ due to several versions of him having access to the full Triforce.

Standard versions of him with the Master Sword + Triforce of Courage is moon level+ (not 100% on that. I think the new calc on the OBD come out as such. Might also be Small Planet+), based on a feat performed by Majora. It's strong enough to pull the moon out of orbit, and Link tore it to shreds using the Fierce Deity Mask. This scaling to the regular versions of Link is based on a simple assumption - that being that the ToC, one third of the most powerful object in the franchise, is NOT likely to be weaker than a mask some nameless tribe used on hexing rituals.

Mind you both the composite and the standard versions of Link can be argued to be vastly stronger than this, because a number of bosses Link fought, Majora for example, have been able to create pocket dimensions with celestial bodies. The inside of Majora's moon for instance has its on sun. Plus IIRC one translation of the last lore book Nintendo released states that the whole of Termina (a planet with its own sun and many visible stars) was straight up created by Majora, though I don't really know the details of that translation, or how accurate it is.
How smart are you? Click HERE to find out!
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Planet level Triforce is horseshit. Standard equipment Triforce is also horseshit.

Majora's Moon is blatantly not the actual moon, as one can see by the fact that it's no bigger than Clock Town. Either that or small planet level DK.

There's Picasso scaling and then there's just plain what the sizes obviously are. Zelda's not that cartoony of a verse, especially not in MM.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:38 pm
Iron Joe wrote:Planet level Triforce is horseshit. Standard equipment Triforce is also horseshit.

Majora's Moon is blatantly not the actual moon, as one can see by the fact that it's no bigger than Clock Town. Either that or small planet level DK.

There's Picasso scaling and then there's just plain what the sizes obviously are. Zelda's not that cartoony of a verse, especially not in MM.

Well, in argument for DK, since Odyssey showed that their moon was at least of similar size to our own, and that we know that Donkey Kong takes place within the Mario universe, would that at all warrant any change of any sort?

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 pm
Maybe? Might just be best to measure the moon on a case by case basis. Whatever size it happens to be in the given scene.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
Iron Joe wrote:Planet level Triforce is horseshit. Standard equipment Triforce is also horseshit.

Well, in argument for DK, since Odyssey showed that their moon was at least of similar size to our own, and that we know that Donkey Kong takes place within the Mario universe, would that at all warrant any change of any sort?

I think it would stay the same. The moon DK punched was small, so even if it’s larger in future games, I think we should stick with the current calc. I would just chalk it up to inconsistency.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:47 pm
Isn't planet level triforce based on plants dying in Lorule or something?I guess by that logic Duma and Mila are continent level for the same reason.(Granted,they are but not because of something that is explicitly reality warping and not DC.)There's also the fact that everything I know about Zelda lore suggesting that the idea that complete triforce=stat boost is pretty much just an assumption based on how individual pieces work.Then again you don't really need DC when you can just wipe your enemies from existence anyway.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm
Wait, I always thought the complete Triforce just gave someone the power to wish for stuff, basic reality warping. I don't think that can really transfer to DC.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!