DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm
Eagleby18 wrote:
Winnosh wrote:Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there?

Nothing in Final Fantasty makes sense. Characters dying/being dead is treated as a huge plot point when there are items laying around that bring back the dead, the villain spends his time trying to get a weapon to destroy the world with when he can already destroy the world, and don't even get me started on those movies.

Honestly this series should have stayed out of Death Battle entirely. Yang should've fought Agent Texas, this fight should've been a DBX and the finale been Galactus vs Unicron, and Link should've fought... uh... someone else.

Hoping Mario vs Sonic 2 was changed to Mario vs Link for a season opener.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm
BerialEdge wrote:...

Sephiroth was not trying to destroy the world. Just wound it in a specific way to call forth the Lifestream.

Context.

Right. His plan was to critically hurt it and absorb the life stream and then travel the space, becoming a space parasite like his "mother"

Destroying the planet would have been a more simple plan

Well it makes more sense than in AC where Sephiroth's defeat in the game just tainted the lifestream and gave thousands horrid skin cancer

Until a dead woman controlled the lifestream and cured them anyway
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm
Kakeh715 wrote:
BerialEdge wrote:...

Sephiroth was not trying to destroy the world. Just wound it in a specific way to call forth the Lifestream.

Context.

Right. His plan was to critically hurt it and absorb the life stream and then travel the space, becoming a space parasite like his "mother"

Destroying the planet would have been a more simple plan

Well it makes more sense than in AC where Sephiroth's defeat in the game just tainted the lifestream and gave thousands horrid skin cancer

Until a dead woman controlled the lifestream and cured them anyway

Still say that it doesn't make much sense. The story can't both say he's powerful enough to destroy the planet. AAAnd say he can't just wound the planet.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm
Even without that the northern crater from Jenovah and Weapon scaling puts Sephiroth in a completely different power category. Regeneration only means so much to something a thousand times stronger.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:37 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:
Eagleby18 wrote:
Winnosh wrote:Ok so it's sent out as a teleportation spehere. But if you can teleport your enemies places, wouldn't it make more sense to just leave them there?

Nothing in Final Fantasty makes sense. Characters dying/being dead is treated as a huge plot point when there are items laying around that bring back the dead, the villain spends his time trying to get a weapon to destroy the world with when he can already destroy the world, and don't even get me started on those movies.

Honestly this series should have stayed out of Death Battle entirely. Yang should've fought Agent Texas, this fight should've been a DBX and the finale been Galactus vs Unicron, and Link should've fought... uh... someone else.

Hoping Mario vs Sonic 2 was changed to Mario vs Link for a season opener.

Nah, that'd still be a colossal shitstomp. If Link, (for some reason) should come back to Death Battle, I think he's gonna fight Marth or something. Which is still a stomp, but noticeably smaller than the other options.
The King comes for the W.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm
Link stomps Marth almost as hard as Mario stomps Link. To clarify, that's very very hard.

In Death Battle Land Link probably solos all three verses. Yes even his own.
I drew Ristar
Spoiler
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:26 am
The Dog wrote:
hunterzillas wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:Now I REALLY want to watch this. lol.

I can tell this is going to be controversial either way, but I'm still going to try and enjoy it. In the last DB Cast Torrian said that the animation for this was really pretty, and he's hard to impress as he's done so much.

Don't they (Ben, Chad, Torrian) say that about every 3d episode though?

And doesn't Torrian do all the 3D animation, or did they get someone not Torrian to do it?

Because if Torrian's doing it, I seriously doubt that Torrian is gonna go on the DB Cast and say "sorry guys, my animation for this episode is total shit. I'm talking sub-Kenshiro vs. Saitama/Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa levels here. I'd been on a week-long speedball bender before animating this, so you'd be better off pouring bleach in your eyes than watching this."

There's a difference between doing good work, and liking your work, actors are notorious for not watching their films because they feel they could've done better. Torian tries to be perfect with his work, and is constantly learning new tricks and skills to make his 3D work better. Thus, he doesn't compliment himself much. Even he admits that at times things don't work the way he wants, so when he says that he REALLY like something, or that a battle is "pretty", he means it.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:44 pm
Spoiler
When no one pays attention to your shitposts but you carry on anyway

Spoiler

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:49 pm
Winnosh wrote:Still say that it doesn't make much sense. The story can't both say he's powerful enough to destroy the planet. AAAnd say he can't just wound the planet.

agreed, it almost feels a bit fishy

anyway despite all that i still have a feeling sephiroth is going to win mainly because DB has a thing for having results that would be unexpected to the big crowd, like how people thought ichigo was gonna win but naruto won anyway. so it would be too predictable if vergil won as everyone seems to be expecting it.

and then there's the FF7 losing streak too so this battle might be the one to end it. but who knows
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm
Rigel wrote:anyway despite all that i still have a feeling sephiroth is going to win mainly because DB has a thing for having results that would be unexpected to the big crowd, like how people thought ichigo was gonna win but naruto won anyway. so it would be too predictable if vergil won as everyone seems to be expecting it.

and then there's the FF7 losing streak too so this battle might be the one to end it. but who knows

So... are you looking to get a tinfoil hat or do you have your own already?
I would totally watch this poker match.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!