DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm
hunterzillas wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:Now I REALLY want to watch this. lol.

I can tell this is going to be controversial either way, but I'm still going to try and enjoy it. In the last DB Cast Torrian said that the animation for this was really pretty, and he's hard to impress as he's done so much.

Don't they (Ben, Chad, Torrian) say that about every 3d episode though?

And doesn't Torrian do all the 3D animation, or did they get someone not Torrian to do it?

Because if Torrian's doing it, I seriously doubt that Torrian is gonna go on the DB Cast and say "sorry guys, my animation for this episode is total shit. I'm talking sub-Kenshiro vs. Saitama/Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa levels here. I'd been on a week-long speedball bender before animating this, so you'd be better off pouring bleach in your eyes than watching this."
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:31 am
hunterzillas wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:Now I REALLY want to watch this. lol.

I can tell this is going to be controversial either way, but I'm still going to try and enjoy it. In the last DB Cast Torrian said that the animation for this was really pretty, and he's hard to impress as he's done so much.

Don't they (Ben, Chad, Torrian) say that about every 3d episode though?

ben and chad? absolutely.
torrian? He talks about what about it is different and why that's cool. like when he spoke about how he watched boxing movies and fights to see how they do camera angles and whatnot... but he never described any battle as "pretty" afaik...

also..."I actually never expect this to happend, but i'm looking forward to it. I would love that Sephirot wins but Virgil is Dante's twin brother and it's kinda unfair when you put someoe who is inmortal to a #DeathBattle"
this was on the replies to the VA's announcement.
people can be so misguided sometimes :p
I would totally watch this poker match.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:13 pm
Well Sephiroth's preview is public now. Note an unsurprising lack of actually talking about how powerful he is.

And 30 seconds on his hair to distract you from that.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm
Greedow wrote:also..."I actually never expect this to happend, but i'm looking forward to it. I would love that Sephirot wins but Virgil is Dante's twin brother and it's kinda unfair when you put someoe who is inmortal to a #DeathBattle"

Some immortal Virgil is. Considering he's dead

Spoiler
For now

And in honesty, I am sadly certain Virgil is winning because regeneration memes and Yamato. So pretty much why Dante won. Even though he shouldn't
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm
Kakeh715 wrote:
Greedow wrote:also..."I actually never expect this to happend, but i'm looking forward to it. I would love that Sephirot wins but Virgil is Dante's twin brother and it's kinda unfair when you put someoe who is inmortal to a #DeathBattle"

Spoiler
For now

And in honesty, I am sadly certain Virgil is winning because regeneration memes and Yamato. So pretty much why Dante won. Even though he shouldn't

Pretty sure Dante won because raindrops are faster than meteors. Though the same goes for this fight.

Speaking of meteors, some guy in the comments section noted that Vergil would be able to stop Supernova by slicing the meteor apart...

This comment actually made me cry.
The King comes for the W.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 pm
Ace Sock Vims wrote:
Kakeh715 wrote:

Spoiler
For now

Pretty sure Dante won because raindrops are faster than meteors. Though the same goes for this fight.

Speaking of meteors, some guy in the comments section noted that Vergil would be able to stop Supernova by slicing the meteor apart...

This comment actually made me cry.

The one that flies into the sun at MFTL+ speeds?
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:47 pm
sigh

Cheeper, I don't think you understand how speed works.

You see, if I watch two scenes at the same time and on one of them the other character looks faster, then he's obviously automatically faster.

Like, if I play as Virgil in Devil May Cry, he's so gosh darn fast that I can barely see him when he does his combos. Only fast moving lines on screen!

But the meteor? Pfft. Fuck that pussy ass shit. I can clearly see it on the screen. Even a passing car is faster than that.
The King comes for the W.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:01 pm
Ace Sock Vims wrote:sigh

Cheeper, I don't think you understand how speed works.

You see, if I watch two scenes at the same time and on one of them the other character looks faster, then he's obviously automatically faster.

Like, if I play as Virgil in Devil May Cry, he's so gosh darn fast that I can barely see him when he does his combos. Only fast moving lines on screen!

But the meteor? Pfft. Fuck that pussy ass shit. I can clearly see it on the screen. Even a passing car is faster than that.

More so saying that even if he was faster how is he supposed to stop something flying through space?
Like,even if he could get up there and even if he didn't need to breathe wouldn't he just be kinda stuck there with no way to propel himself?
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm
Yes. A meteor flying through space, going to the sun and not earth, is going to be stopped by Virgil. The same one that puts a big hole in a much larger planet

Who am I kidding. Worse stuff has happened in this series
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:31 pm
Ok guys I really do have a question. Just how are Summons supposed to work in FF7 lore. I see people saying that they take the target into another dimension. Ok How? How does it target someone, is it a portal, is it a blast? Can it be dodged? How does the person get back once it's done? If they have teleportation tech and alternate dimensions that they can access how come it never comes up?
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!