DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

User avatar
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:29 am
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:35 pm
Would still rather see the real villain of FF7 show up in a Deathbattle
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
User avatar
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:08 am
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:42 pm
Winnosh wrote:Would still rather see the real villain of FF7 show up in a Deathbattle

Same tbh:
Spoiler
Image
Soloes DMC, unironically
Image

Spoiler
Image
Image
Image
Image

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 am
so overall vergil's still boned even if DB doesn't take in-game gameplay feats/stats etc into account? if i recall correctly cloud and tifa pretty much only lost because of DB not taking gameplay stuff into account nearly as much and if its true and sephy still wins without them then this battle SHOULD break the FF7 losing streak.

btw a bit off-topic but what's the longest db losing streak? street fighter?
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6216
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:17 am
Rigel wrote:so overall vergil's still boned even if DB doesn't take in-game gameplay feats/stats etc into account? if i recall correctly cloud and tifa pretty much only lost because of DB not taking gameplay stuff into account nearly as much and if its true and sephy still wins without them then this battle SHOULD break the FF7 losing streak.

btw a bit off-topic but what's the longest db losing streak? street fighter?

Not gameplay.They lost because they ignored literally everything.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:13 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am
They ignored feats, items, materia usage, gave Cloud only his starting weapon because "it was in Dissidia", and then ignore things that happen in Dissidia because they think people are too lazy to actually play the games or watch clips on YouTube.
Image
Unlimited Blade Works
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6216
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 am
DarthGeist wrote:They ignored feats, items, materia usage, gave Cloud only his starting weapon because "it was in Dissidia", and then ignore things that happen in Dissidia because they think people are too lazy to actually play the games or watch clips on YouTube.

Funny thing about Dissidia:If they ever bothered to actually play it instead of just watching matches on youtube they'd quickly discover it has the exact same problem of muh customization.It ain't like Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros who have a single static moveset.Dissidia is no less customizable than an actual FF game.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 am
Location: In Hyrule. There's so much shit to do...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:09 pm
metabro wrote:2) Because statements =/= feats. I can SAY my dick can stretch to the Sun and back, but it doesn't mean it CAN

why would anyone stretch their dick to the sun and back anyway? :p
Image
I would totally watch this poker match.

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:27 am
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:57 pm
12cheeper wrote:
DarthGeist wrote:They ignored feats, items, materia usage, gave Cloud only his starting weapon because "it was in Dissidia", and then ignore things that happen in Dissidia because they think people are too lazy to actually play the games or watch clips on YouTube.

Funny thing about Dissidia:If they ever bothered to actually play it instead of just watching matches on youtube they'd quickly discover it has the exact same problem of muh customization.It ain't like Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros who have a single static moveset.Dissidia is no less customizable than an actual FF game.


Yeah. In Dissidia, you could only have so many attacks and in that game, they have more powerful weapons then what they gave them. Fenrir is stronger than Cloud's Ultimate Weapon in that game and Seventh Heaven is better than Tifa's premium heart.

They just cherry pick things they want and ignore others, including things they even cherry picked. About how Tifa has a feint fighting style but never displayed it or took it into account. Taking their moves in Dissidia as their preference to what type of materia they like which makes no sense in any way.

They never even looked into the game enough. Otherwise they would know Dissidia variations are hollow, fake manakins created by Shinryuu for the sake of the experiment/deal he made. They are not exactly the same people, but based off of them. This is apparent as almost none of these villains would ever work with each other. In fact, everyone seems to be nearly on par in terms of power in that game. Like show me an instance where Firion is going to 1v1 ExDeath. Sephiroth commits suicide just to see if he would regain his own memories for another cycle.

Yet they insist on using Dissidia and the weird scaling of AC (Reno and Rude tanking a massive explosion/outrunning it somehow for example). Then downplay it anyway. They will probably also use Kingdom Hearts as a base, another non-canon version of the man who has far less feats even though he no sells Sora in KH2 after their fight.

Watch they will completely ignore his Junon canon feat because "lol, simulator" and Hojo stating Sephiroth would no sell and absorb another Mako Canon blast right after it decimated Diamond Weapon who was just not caring about Cloud and co. They will ignore Sephiroth holding back Holy (a Spell equal to Meteor in power) and weakening it with sheer will alone while fighting Cloud and company. All the while still using massive moves like Supernova. Or his massive telekinesis range and strength. They will ignore specific spells he has under his default equipment in the flashback. They will say Supernova is an illusion, even the scaled down/shorter version in Dissidia which they love to use so much
Image
User avatar
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:13 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:50 pm
And as I said before on the Y/T fight when they tried using Dissidia to say what Materia Tifa had, they left out items claiming they weren't part of the actual story...even when Dissidia has a cut scene of Tifa giving Kain a Potion to heal his wounds so they can continue traveling together. Which is a clear indication that Items are viable in-universe and are not just game-items. It'd be the same thing if they said the Dragonborn from Skyrim can't use potions, even though they are a heavy part of the Elder Scrolls universe.
Image
Unlimited Blade Works
User avatar
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:07 pm
Location: Somewhere over Rainbow Road, where Blue Shells fly.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm
Tl;dr of the entire fight is that Sephiroth wins barring the event where you disregard his best shit and play up Vergil's.

Wouldn't be the first time.
Image
When you learn that you're about to die.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], TMaakkonen and 6 guests