DEATH BATTLE: Sephiroth VS Vergil

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm
Season 4 finale. Will be animated in 3D by Torrian. Final boss of FF7 vs Final boss of DMC3. Both have white hair, are swordsmen with long pointy swords and don't talk much. One has mommy issues, the other has daddy issues.

Will the "Planet-Busting Sephiroth" (as stated by DB in Cloud vs Link) be able to end the FF7 losing streak on the channel? Or will raindrops beat supernovas? Find out on December 18th 2017.

This is going to be fun...

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:24 pm
Please, redpill me on this. What are their connections and similarities? I want to support the idea but, without knowledge, I cannot.
Spoiler
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
Location: Somewhere over Rainbow Road, where Blue Shells fly.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:Please, redpill me on this. What are their connections and similarities? I want to support the idea but, without knowledge, I cannot.

White hair, katanas, issues with parents, NEED MORE POWER, really personal(-ish) connections to their games' protags, final bosses of their debut games.

All I got.
When you learn that you're about to die.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 pm
Sephy should stomp, but I'm expecting downplay and wanking regardless if the verdict is right or wrong
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 pm
Reminder that this is the same show that gave us City level Sol Basdguy in Sol vs Ragna.Said fight came out after the game with the black hole feats.
After limit break shenanigans/ingame stats shit in YvT I'm expecting peak human speed Sephy and illusion meme supernova.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm
I mean it's a contested feat for other reasons too but i don't mind. We've been generous with other characters before for even iffier reasons

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:33 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I mean it's a contested feat for other reasons too but i don't mind. We've been generous with other characters before for even iffier reasons

Supernova is only "contested" because people don't like the idea of Sephiroth actually being powerful.Literally doesn't contradict anything any more than the other higher end feats in the compilation.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:43 pm
Not who I wanted Vergil to fight but oh well, hopefully this isn't another painfully short match when it comes to the animation. Also with how they analyzed Cloud and Tifa, yeah I don't trust them with RPG characters lol
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:52 pm
At work right now, but once I get back home I'll post my 2 pennies and issues with the matchup.
Vergil v Sephy as the Finale? This is Fine.

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:23 pm
12cheeper wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:I mean it's a contested feat for other reasons too but i don't mind. We've been generous with other characters before for even iffier reasons

Supernova is only "contested" because people don't like the idea of Sephiroth actually being powerful.Literally doesn't contradict anything any more than the other higher end feats in the compilation.

Yeah, but compare it to the rest of his abilities and he's shown planet level at best tbh. Solar System level though? That's a huge increase. Maybe it fits in the series' tier levels in terms of power but, for him? It's just so far outside what I've seen in his other abilities.

I'll just get shit on probably so I'll hush up there.

Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!