DEATH BATTLE: Batman Beyond VS Spider-man 2099

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

PSYCHIC WATER DRAGON, THEREFORE BEST POKEMON
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:20 pm
Guardianangel1911 wrote:Stealth, you mean the stealth cancelled out by sensors that detect heartbeats, and the fact Miguel can see energy fields which would include Terry's cloak, and the newer suit has various vision modes, which have also managed to defeat Terry's cloak ( https://youtu.be/1H-1wRXts48 :25 a cloaked Terry is spotted by the robotic Ace's Thermographic Vision mode)

And by equipment do you mean the mostly non lethal toys, and explosives that don't stack up to the explosion that destroyed a city that Miguel survived? Where on the other hand Terry getting hit by a fucking car damaged the batsuit severely and a clone of Dick Grayson shoved a knife into his gut?
Spoiler

The equipment with a battery that rapidly drains when he uses 90% of it? That equipment?

Edit: had the time code wrong its :25 where the Thermograph picks up a cloaked Terry

A) They both had sensors that would cancel out each others stealth, so that's honestly irrelevant.

B) The way Miguel died in the DB is just ONE way he could've died at Terry's hands. Not the sole way, so even if his explosives weren't lethal to Miguel, he could've killed him another way. So again, irrelevant.

C) As noted in the Death Battle, Terry's suit has been upgraded a LOT since the series began. Yes, he got stabbed in the gut by Hush, but that's not to say it didn't get fixed after that. Just like how Terry's suit was hacked by an AI once, then got upgraded so that it could withstand Brianiac.

D) What is this battery you keep speaking of? Cause it honestly can't be fully true if Death Battle didn't bring it up.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 pm
ToddTalk wrote:D) What is this battery you keep speaking of? Cause it honestly can't be fully true if Death Battle didn't bring it up.

... You know, if you are going to troll. You could at least not be quite so blatant about it. :|

Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:46 pm
There's no way a Batman can beat a Spiderman without prep. That's how it's always been.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:14 pm
Shgon Dunstan wrote:
ToddTalk wrote:D) What is this battery you keep speaking of? Cause it honestly can't be fully true if Death Battle didn't bring it up.

... You know, if you are going to troll. You could at least not be quite so blatant about it. :|

Not. A. Troll!!!

I don't remember the Batsuit having a battery issue. And even if it did, between the show and the comics, Bruce would've fixed it/improved it. Remember, both characters are at their maximum potential.

And hey, I fully accept that regular Batman can't beat regular Spider-Man without proof, that is 100% true in my mind, and many others. But these aren't them! So yeah, I do believe that Terry could be Miguel based on what DB said in the breakdown.

Here's my thoughts on the battle, and will prove I'm not a troll cause I didn't expect this result!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5y-qS7WWs
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:27 pm
ToddTalk wrote:
Shgon Dunstan wrote:

Not. A. Troll!!!

I don't remember the Batsuit having a battery issue. And even if it did, between the show and the comics, Bruce would've fixed it/improved it. Remember, both characters are at their maximum potential.

And hey, I fully accept that regular Batman can't beat regular Spider-Man without proof, that is 100% true in my mind, and many others. But these aren't them! So yeah, I do believe that Terry could be Miguel based on what DB said in the breakdown.

Here's my thoughts on the battle, and will prove I'm not a troll cause I didn't expect this result!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5y-qS7WWs

Yet you literally just based on argument on "Deathbattle can't be wrong. Therefore they weren't wrong. Therefor despite me knowing nothing about the matter, you, who have actually given evidence, must be wrong.". -_-
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:39 pm
While Tim Drake was in the suit for a while in Futures End he used the full body taser at one point and it shorted out the suits power source due to the high power he used it on causing it and Alfred to power down completely and the suit to collapse into its hidden form leaving Tim completely exposed and defenseless. This same power source has been noted to be drained by the cloak and other systems, and is why bog standard thugs can be a threat if Terry spams his gadgets too much since it weakens all the systems if it doesn't have the power for everything at max, up to as shown with the incident.

It's why on the night of the Jokerz the bog standard teenage/early twenties leader of the gang was able to beat the shit out of Terry like he was a five year old in spite of Terry's skill and a bullet to the gut left him too winded to fight back and a second to the head left him woozy leading to him having to be bailed out by a one eyed Dick Grayson.
I heard there was a bat problem?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 pm
Guardianangel1911 wrote:While Tim Drake was in the suit for a while in Futures End he used the full body taser at one point and it shorted out the suits power source due to the high power he used it on causing it and Alfred to power down completely and the suit to collapse into its hidden form leaving Tim completely exposed and defenseless. This same power source has been noted to be drained by the cloak and other systems, and is why bog standard thugs can be a threat if Terry spams his gadgets too much since it weakens all the systems if it doesn't have the power for everything at max, up to as shown with the incident.

It's why on the night of the Jokerz the bog standard teenage/early twenties leader of the gang was able to beat the shit out of Terry like he was a five year old in spite of Terry's skill and a bullet to the gut left him too winded to fight back and a second to the head left him woozy leading to him having to be bailed out by a one eyed Dick Grayson.

See? Now we're getting somewhere.

I do remember that now (it's been a while since Future's End and that Night of the Jokerz arc, that's why I couldn't remember at first), but, by your own admission, when it happened to Drake, he was using his taser at a very high power setting, which caused the battery to drain. And if I recall NOTJ, Terry had been fighting a long time to try and save the city, which caused his battery to slowly drain enough so that when he fought King Joker, he didn't have much left.

And by your admission, Terry's cloak wouldn't work against Miguel, so while he might have used it at first to see if he could sneak past him, the moment he realized it didn't work (which would've been very quickly between Miguel and Lyla), he would've shut it off and not turned it back on, thus a significant power draining tool wouldn't have been active anymore.

Plus, we're forgetting the Bruce factor in the fight. Bruce would've warned Terry if his batteries were getting to low, thus making him change strategy and not relying on the suit too much, but his fighting skills, which I hope we can both agree is better than Miguel's.

So yes, he does have a battery issue in some cases. But in the confines of this fight, I do not believe it would've resulted in him losing.

And as for the guy who said that I said "Death Battle can't be wrong", that is NOT what I said. I noted that if it was a SIGNIFICANT issue, DB would've noted it. Clearly they didn't think it was based on the body of evidence between the shows and the comics.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 am
The fact that "if it was an issue DB would note it" carries the implication that DB always does super in depth research and never overlooks anything and never ignores context which is demonstrably false.(building level Cloud for overlooking shit and literally the entirety of Yang's analysis for ignoring context)
Even then they downplayed the everloving fuck out of Spidey.Fucking movie Spider-Man is stronger than the downplayed version of Peter in the analysis.
Based on this analysis Batman should've beaten Spidey back in S1
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:58 am
12cheeper wrote:The fact that "if it was an issue DB would note it" carries the implication that DB always does super in depth research and never overlooks anything and never ignores context which is demonstrably false.(building level Cloud for overlooking shit and literally the entirety of Yang's analysis for ignoring context)
Even then they downplayed the everloving fuck out of Spidey.Fucking movie Spider-Man is stronger than the downplayed version of Peter in the analysis.
Based on this analysis Batman should've beaten Spidey back in S1

Hell, my favorite is still from GvT. They under sell his sand at just under the speed of sound, and then... Never once even touch on her speed at all. “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” Indeed.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 am
12cheeper wrote:Based on this analysis Batman should've beaten Spidey back in S1

what do you mean by this? it sounds like your saying that based on the feats given by spiderman 2099 that regular batman could beat regular spiderman? as if spiderman 2099 and spiderman has the same abilities?
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!