Venusaur needs another chance/spotlight in DEATH BATTLE

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 pm
Venusaur got rekt in the pokemon death battle episode due to its typing but if you dig through Pokemon lore from the various media, Venusaur is insanely strong.

Now you might say "but it's a game, who cares?" - There are a lot of video game characters who were given some traits from various comics and/or shows, so why not?

here's all of Venusaur traits and strengths from anime and manga

1- Venusaur in the anime has complete control over nature. the Bulbasaur line was shown in one episode to be able to make plants bloom, growing up trees and even made an entire forest to block paths and attack humans. This was clearly shown in Episode 51 and Brock said in the same episode that they are manipulating nature.
No other pokemon was shown having this power.

2- In the anime, the Bulbasaur line was shown on multiple occasions to negate fire moves with their grass moves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFGWpHka2JE

And this feat was shown in the manga too against Charizard.

3- Both Ash's Bulbasaur and Nehei's Venusaur used a move that they can't learn in the games. In this case both dug underground and no member of Bulbasaur line can learn Dig in the games. And these were explained in the anime (Ash's Bulbasaur used Dig to survive from death and the Venusaur was told to conceal itself underground), meaning they weren't anime mistake but intentional.

Ash's Bulbasaur himself used several moves that the specie can't learn in the games such as Whirlwind (twice) and Lick, so the pokemon can learn moves beyond its learnset system.

4- In one manga, there was a Venusaur who went into a higher being, transforming into a giant tree god that not only controls things around it but it also answers others' pleads. The chapter itself was titled "The God" in the original release. This is so far the strongest depiction of a non-legendary pokemon and no other pokemon was shown having such a trait either.

5- Red's Bulbasaur in Pokemon Adventures used its bulb to absorb Charmeleon's Fire Spin together with Gastly and turned both into a new attack from its mouth. Bulbasaur in this universe can eat and vomits fire moves and gaseous pokemon at will! And in another manga, it was shown that Venusaur can close up its flower to make it a bulb again, so with this I assume it can also use this trick when it's evolved.

6- Red's Ivysaur also won against Zapdos even at a very lower level. Though not directly winning, but it took a boosted Thundershock head on which also fried its own flower and still won at the end.

Now you are gonna say "BUT IT'S SO WEAK IN THE GAMES IT SUCKS" and that isn't true.
Here's a ranking list from Nintendo Cup Tournament that was held in Japan in 2000, this is of course before Mega Evolution was a thing so this. Notice how all the starters and even the legendary birds and beasts are below Venusaur.

And this is also a tier list from Gen5, also before Mega Evolution

As you can see, Venusaur is much better than the Death Battle showed it to be and I really think it needs to have another spotlight showing all these.
Now I would post in the requests thread for Venusaur, but I'm not sure what the other character would be.

What are your thoughts?
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:42 pm
My thoughts are this is gonna get locked real soon.Ben and Chad don't even browse these forums anyway so it's not like he's gonna see this either.
The matchup discussion and death battle request threads exist for a reason.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:30 pm
>he is the best

not if you count Megas pham

also inb4 lock
Death Battle as of late:
12cheeper wrote:Next time is actually disgusting.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:>he is the best

not if you count Megas pham

fair enough

https://i.imgur.com/09EJe0t.jpg
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:44 pm
Venusaur appreciation thread? fuck yeah, with his mega form and some manga feats already listed above I think this guy deserves another shot at deathbattle.
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:49 pm
Jimbob The Fiddle wrote:Venusaur appreciation thread? fuck yeah, with his mega form and some manga feats already listed above I think this guy deserves another shot at deathbattle.

versus who? a repeat of the starters fight?
I would totally watch this poker match.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:01 pm
Greedow wrote:
Jimbob The Fiddle wrote:Venusaur appreciation thread? fuck yeah, with his mega form and some manga feats already listed above I think this guy deserves another shot at deathbattle.

versus who? a repeat of the starters fight?

Nah it should be a one vs one not a repeat of the starters fight.
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:15 pm
Wonder how long this will last. Remember when these barely lasted an hour?
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Faithful g1
Faithful g1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 am
This wasn't technically a request thread, kinda more like an analysis thread for Venusaur who didn't get much justice in Death Battle.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:28 am
Yeah, stuff like this does go in the Brainstorm thread. Also, put all images in spoiler tags. I can’t read your post at all on mobile.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Next

Return to DEATH BATTLE!