DEATH BATTLE: Naruto Uzumaki vs Ichigo Kurosaki

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm
I sure hope Seth The Programmer can shut up about this one. Has he fully stated that he hates Death Battle?
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm
Great episode, 9/10. I can't really point at any problems in this one, liked the jokes, research was fine, animation was great("I can see you...BELIEVE IT!". so good XD), those boxes in the upper corner with extra info were a good addition...I only wish the fight was longer to showcase each of their powerups a little more.

btw...youtube comments.
Spoiler
Double4anime paid screwattack for naruto win

I need Seth to debunked this ASAP

Letting the most popular character win like always, eh Screw Attack?

We waited three weeks for this? Wtf.
We could argue about this outcome all day, but I think we can all agree that this animation sucked, and Ichigo was horribly underpowered. This battle never shoulda happened in the first place. We don't even know the full extent of Ichigo's power. This was Gaara vs Toph all over again.

way less salt in the comments than I expected honestly.
Good job internet
I would totally watch this poker match.

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:00 pm
Can't help but notice that Ben and Chad are getting more and more open to power scaling. Wonder why.

Anyway, the way they determined Ichigo's reaction speed is REALLY iffy, but it didn't actually change anything so it's okay I guess. And the rest of the math more than made up for it; I wouldn't know if it was all bullshit or not but you could really tell they put more effort into it than usual.

As for the animation... It was mostly good, but some parts happened way too fast. More than once I lost track of what was even happening because all I saw were incoherent flashing colors. The finishing blow did have a shot that showed the impact of the destruction it caused (something Thor blowing up the moon lacked, and it really hurt the fight as a whole), but then it cut to Naruto being like "lol who was that guy" a bit too quickly. I feel like the camera should have stayed there a second or two longer. But I'll be honest, Id prefer this over the slow pacing that a lot of the 2D fights have been showing recently.

Oh right, almost forgot about the fake-out ending. Yeah, it got me. But only because I had lost track of all these guy's different forms and didn't remember that Naruto still had one more at the time. To anyone more familiar with the characters than me, it wouldn't have worked at all. Ben. Chad. You need to stop doing this. If you're gonna do a fake-out ending, have both guys be in their ultimate forms or it won't work.

Overall, the episode had problems but it was otherwise solid. Much better than last episode. Wow, who'd have ever guessed I'd say that about a Torrian episode...
Prototype 2.0
Prototype 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm
Wow actually, Seth kinda complemented the episode although he was still critical.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm
I love the people bitching about downplay when DB straight up used calcstacking for the express purpose of wanking Ichigo.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:37 pm
Naruto vs Luffy confirmed? @22:33
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 pm
SwiftHand wrote:Naruto vs Luffy confirmed? @22:33

This is probably a joke, but I would actually be really excited for a Naruto vs. Luffy episode. Too bad Death Battle might not even be around by the time One Piece ends.

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm
MinisterOfBacon wrote:Hey, I just checked the credits, and it says Ichigo's voice actor was "Adam Park", and his credit simply a link to a wikipedia page on frogs.

Guys, I... I think they actually got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo this episode.

Well, it's like that in the YouTube version's description too. So it clearly wasn't a mistake.

I never watched bleach, does the guy in this episode sound like he could actually be the real deal?
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Eagleby18 wrote:
MinisterOfBacon wrote:Hey, I just checked the credits, and it says Ichigo's voice actor was "Adam Park", and his credit simply a link to a wikipedia page on frogs.

Guys, I... I think they actually got Johnny Yong Bosch to play Ichigo this episode.

Well, it's like that in the YouTube version's description too. So it clearly wasn't a mistake.

I never watched bleach, does the guy in this episode sound like he could actually be the real deal?

Yes.I halfway thought these were just audio clips from the animes english dub.
Though the Naruto impersonator was also pretty spot on so who knows.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 pm
>Getting Johnny Yong Bosch for Ichigo but not for the Green Ranger

They have no excuse now
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!