DEATH BATTLE: Thor vs Wonder Woman

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:44 pm
You know, considering this was by the crew as being "Classic" Wonder Woman vs. "Classic" Thor, then what would they call the version of Wonder Woman from Wonder Woman vs. Rogue? Or are we supposed to believe that Rogue is somehow naturally durable enough to survive enough blows for her to drain Wonder Woman enough to match and surpass her?
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 pm
As they noted, WW vs. Rogue was the third episode, and even Ben noted that they "had no idea what they were doing" some of the time. He had a week to figure out who would win between the two, and then another week to do the animation and all the other VO stuff.

Remember though, that they used the Rogue from the X-Men animated series TV show, so her durability was significant. But yeah, WW should've won, which is another reason I'm glad they brought her back against Thor
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 pm
DarthGeist wrote:The thought behind that is that the temperature, radiation, heat, etc, is spread out over the entire body and those like Thor and others have natural or enhanced resistances to such things. As opposed to a blade that's more or less designed to cut between your atomic structure and was designed to function against those with high-end durability. Much like Corvus Glaive's weapon in Marvel that can cut between molecules and was designed to harm those with hyper-dense skin. Such as the Hulk (though it was Cho Hulk). An addition to that factor is the force in which it is being swung.

I understand the thought behind it. I just don't agree with it. At those extreme temperatures, you may as well think of it as there being countless subatomic blades cutting at each of your atoms all over you. That's essentially what's going on. A sword that can cut at the atomic level would be no different.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm
We're talking about 2 human sized things who can tank earth destroying levels of force like it's no big deal.There isn't a real material in the universe that comes even close to that.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm
12cheeper wrote:We're talking about 2 human sized things who can tank earth destroying levels of force like it's no big deal.There isn't a real material in the universe that comes even close to that.

There doesn't have to be. Although neutron stars are a thing .
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 pm
You're seriously arguing that heat=hax.
I didn't know we regressed to 2007 VS.

BTW,neutron stars aren't obscenely durable.They're obscenely dense.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:14 am
The Dog wrote:You know, considering this was by the crew as being "Classic" Wonder Woman vs. "Classic" Thor, then what would they call the version of Wonder Woman from Wonder Woman vs. Rogue? Or are we supposed to believe that Rogue is somehow naturally durable enough to survive enough blows for her to drain Wonder Woman enough to match and surpass her?

Rogue's survived hit's from Juggernaut long enough to drain him. She's pretty durable. I think the fight and victor was a mistake but people are underestimating the ammount of punishment she can take and dish out.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 pm
12cheeper wrote:You're seriously arguing that heat=hax.
I didn't know we regressed to 2007 VS.

BTW,neutron stars aren't obscenely durable.They're obscenely dense.

No, I'm arguing that extremely sharp weapons are not hax. What gave you the idea that I was arguing that heat is hax?
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:11 pm
Didn't know about this, but just goes to further show how shit the DB team is.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 pm
DarthGeist wrote:Didn't know about this, but just goes to further show how shit the DB team is.
Spoiler

7:05 -the face of thor in that panel :lol:
I would totally watch this poker match.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!