DEATH BATTLE: Thor vs Wonder Woman

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 pm
So in other words, Needles had 10000000000000000 ways to kill Joker but Joker has 1 way to kill Needles so he wins

this argument would perhaps be valid if Joker's method had any decent range
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm
ToddTalk wrote:That honestly is different, that's about a literal part of their personality versus a potential for being worthy.

As they noted in the DB, Joker has a way of manipulating people, that's why Harley stuck around so long despite him being abusive, and how he can get a bunch of people to follow him without breaking a sweat. He's smart, and he almost always has the right words to say to the person he's talking to.

There was a Batman arc where Batman had to take down people who weren't crazy, but the Joker "inspired" them to be different...which led them to being villains. That's his power. If we're taking the fight itself into context, Joker could tell from Sweet Tooth's dialogue that he wanted nothing more than to just kill Joker. So...he tapped into the psycho that Sweet Tooth was so that he could ENJOY the killing even more...which is something that Needles would totally want.

Also, don't forget, the deciding factor here was the Joker toxin, there's a million ways he could've gotten closer to Needles to use it. They just chose a very dramatic way in the battle.

if it was batman, fanfic. wonder woman? she holds mjolnir, no doubt. She's the better person pretty much anywhere, that's her character. but that's besides the point

do you know how long it took joker to manipulate harley like he did? not 5 sentences.

You know that defending this position only changes the fanfic right? instead of the manipulation being the fanfic, the fanfic becomes the dialog they used in the fight. a.k.a. you're still wrong.
also, needles doesn't prefer to kill close and personal, he likes to kill in every way (and he also likes killing with sweet tooth a lot) so you're wrong there too (specially since needles wouldn't be able to hear joker over the gunfire/engine anyway)

also, the toxin is flammable afaik. needles hair would blow it up if joker tried using it.
I would totally watch this poker match.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm
Tbf, the Joker should be able to blitz out of the mech.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 pm
Tbf, the fight was stupid anyway. So who cares anymore?
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 pm
My opinion about this episode in two words: Wasted potential.

Thor vs Wonder Woman could have been a great episode but turned out very mediocre. The research was done great, the problem is the animation. Without any doubt, I can say this is Torrian's worst work because it is a recoil and a downgrade compared to Megazord vs Voltron and Balrog vs TJ Combo.
Spoiler
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:23 am
rooting for thor

ultraguy wrote:Welp by forum rules I now decree medd the supreme king and overlord of forum debates. Bow down and worship his mighty logic.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:My opinion about this episode in two words: Wasted potential.

Thor vs Wonder Woman could have been a great episode but turned out very mediocre. The research was done great, the problem is the animation. Without any doubt, I can say this is Torrian's worst work because it is a recoil and a downgrade compared to Megazord vs Voltron and Balrog vs TJ Combo.

I'm sorry you didn't like the animation. I really did. The only "downpart" for me was at times the voice acting was sub-par, you could tell that they were recorded voices, while other battles made them seem more natural.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:01 pm
Meddadius wrote:rooting for thor

"Wanna play?"
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:08 pm
"You could have skin so tough that you can take a bath in The Sun no problem, but it won't do a damn thing to a blade that can sever your atoms".

Yeah, except The Sun's heat and pressure is so intense that it breaks apart atoms in its core, so I don't see how being able to endure that doesn't also allow you to tank such a blade.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:09 pm
The thought behind that is that the temperature, radiation, heat, etc, is spread out over the entire body and those like Thor and others have natural or enhanced resistances to such things. As opposed to a blade that's more or less designed to cut between your atomic structure and was designed to function against those with high-end durability. Much like Corvus Glaive's weapon in Marvel that can cut between molecules and was designed to harm those with hyper-dense skin. Such as the Hulk (though it was Cho Hulk). An addition to that factor is the force in which it is being swung.

Give a normal guy that sword and he cuts through a steel girder like butter. Give it to someone as strong as Wonder Woman, and you could cut a planet in half like butter. That's not to say I agree with the outcome. No I've been pretty vocal about how bullshit the whole thing was. I'm just going over that the whole "really sharp weapon" weakness pretty much applies to every brick in fiction. Diana has the same vulnerability as He-Man.
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!