DEATH BATTLE: Smokey the Bear vs McGruff the Crime Dog

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:35 pm
Iron Joe wrote:I don't even get what it was you found funny. I've never been so emotionally unaffected by a Death Battle episode before.

This guy is the type of fans Ben wants if you catch my drift.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:35 pm
12cheeper wrote:
Iron Joe wrote:I don't even get what it was you found funny. I've never been so emotionally unaffected by a Death Battle episode before.

This guy is the type of fans Ben wants if you catch my drift.

I can't help but be amazed by how easily excitable he is.
I mean...I liked the episode, but it's not a great one. The animation was good on a technical level, but not very exciting from a battle perspective.
It does opens the door to flash animation and that's pretty cool. Let's hope for Mickey vs Bugs next season... or maybe Felix, I can dream.
I would totally watch this poker match.
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:40 pm
ToddTalk wrote:Focusing on McGruff vs. Smokey, that was awesome! Everything was on point, and i was crying (tears of laughter and joy) at some of it. "TAKE A BIT OUT OF THIS!" lol.

That ending!!! SO BRUTAL!!! And if you remember the reveal video, they used that line as the finisher!

So answer truly, wasn't that worth it? I think it was.

Careful don't want to wear out the batteries.
Spoiler
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 pm

In many ways, it is the new Goomba vs. Koopa-for some, it will be a humorous romp that they find enjoyment from. for others, an episode many will wonder why the Hell it exists.

I reside in the former(moreso due to the appeal of another artstyle existing), but can see the reasons why many reside in the latter.

In other words, Guilty Pleasure episode, we carry on.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:37 am
I used to think it could be good but the episode proved me wrong. They claimed that both characters had insanely impressive feats when it looks to me like I could just shoot one of them dead, and maybe not the other.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:15 pm
Look, if you all didn't like it, that's ok. That's your right. But please don't make fun of me for liking it.

I genuinely laughed at some parts of it (like the Monster Truck bit), and I truly felt the animation was beautifully made. It looked like a full-on animated series.

I'll always call out Death Battle when things are bad, or don't make sense. I hated the Tracer/Scout fight because the animation broke the rules of what the stats said (I.E. Scout's drink), and I felt they were selective in picking which feats should be counted as "real" even though they weren't shown in the game but in cutscenes.

I don't blindly like battles. If I like it, I'll say it, if not, I'll call them out, just like you all do.

I really liked Smokey vs. McGruff, and I'm glad they fulfilled their promise to fans to do it.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:27 pm
ToddTalk wrote:Look, if you all didn't like it, that's ok. That's your right. But please don't make fun of me for liking it.

I genuinely laughed at some parts of it (like the Monster Truck bit), and I truly felt the animation was beautifully made. It looked like a full-on animated series.

I'll always call out Death Battle when things are bad, or don't make sense. I hated the Tracer/Scout fight because the animation broke the rules of what the stats said (I.E. Scout's drink), and I felt they were selective in picking which feats should be counted as "real" even though they weren't shown in the game but in cutscenes.

I don't blindly like battles. If I like it, I'll say it, if not, I'll call them out, just like you all do.

I really liked Smokey vs. McGruff, and I'm glad they fulfilled their promise to fans to do it.

Look at this guy, he liked this deathbattle!, what a complete chump!
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

Previous

Return to DEATH BATTLE!