DEATH BATTLE: Shredder vs. Silver Samurai

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:22 pm
Winnosh wrote:
12cheeper wrote:.....I meant that I thought that the best speed feat Marvel street levelers scaled to was like,mach 1000-2000.Relatively low on the quad mach scale.

I fully expect to get hate so pile it on. But this is really why while I normally hate stats based on scaling, I at least understand it with things like strength and durability. This character has this durability and if you're able to outmuscle him or harm him, then you scale.

But with things like speed, it doesn't take into account most things like someone getting caught off guard, or being lazy, most times in comics when you have someone tag a speedster it's the writer showing someone off as being more clever, not faster than the person.

And it leads to things like everyone getting scaled up because in comics generally everyone is going to be able to hit everyone, everyone is going to be able to tag everyone. The lowest nonpowered guy is still going to be able to tag a speedster. And you end up with characters stats based on scaling being higher than any feat they've ever done, just because you have to scale them to someone else. Honestly, other than scaling has SS done anything that puts him in the mach thousands?

Except the MHS+ Marvel street leveler feats I mentioned don't even involve tagging a speedster... Even at this speed range they still ain't fast enough to tag a speedster like Flash who is legitimately Massively Faster Than Light+... Moments where Batman tagged Flash though is complete PIS so there is a difference.
Last edited by HeroicDefender97 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 pm
Yeah,even in-universe you're never given a good reason as to why Street levelers can tag speedsters short of the writer pretending that the character can't react at their movement speeds which is of course complete nonsense.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:43 pm
12cheeper wrote:Yeah,even in-universe you're never given a good reason as to why Street levelers can tag speedsters short of the writer pretending that the character can't react at their movement speeds which is of course complete nonsense.

Yeah but you get character's who are only classed at a speed because they fight daredevil or such and such. By that margin every single hand ninja, and a lot of regular criminals get bumped up to those speeds. Strength is one thing, but when you have people get marked up higher than actual speedsters simply because of who they fight, that's when I have the problem.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 pm
Winnosh wrote:
12cheeper wrote:Yeah,even in-universe you're never given a good reason as to why Street levelers can tag speedsters short of the writer pretending that the character can't react at their movement speeds which is of course complete nonsense.

Yeah but you get character's who are only classed at a speed because they fight daredevil or such and such. By that margin every single hand ninja, and a lot of regular criminals get bumped up to those speeds. Strength is one thing, but when you have people get marked up higher than actual speedsters simply because of who they fight, that's when I have the problem.

99% of these guys don't even need scaling to be MHS.Comics can get pretty inconsistent due to how many writers there are but in this case MHS street levelers is so consistent there really isn't an issue.Pretty sure Speedsters shit all over this regardless.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm
So was the speed advantage for Shredder actually legit then?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:59 pm
Foxthefox1000 wrote:So was the speed advantage for Shredder actually legit then?

No.
Shredders speed given in the prediction blog is literally just muh ship piloting.If you go by DB shredder SS is even more hilariously faster.
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 am
FTL ship piloting scaling aside, the blog did provide a lot more speed feats, particularly those from the 2012 series, that easily put him at high to massively hypersonic. That's not even counting his upgrade to Super Shredder that ups his speed and gives him teleportation as well.
This is going to be fun...

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:35 am
The same person who gave us Town Level and Hypersonic-possibly Massively Hypersonic+ TMNT verse did point to me towards a potentially viable Sub-Relativistic or Relativistic feat where the Turtles were able to fight an entity who could fly across the moon and planets in a matter of seconds and this was without any use of space ships btw... Though I'll need to look more into this

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 am
Yeah, but exactly how fast? Because if SS is in the low quadruple digits, that's still pretty dang fast. What would his AP and durability be as well?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:Yeah, but exactly how fast? Because if SS is in the low quadruple digits, that's still pretty dang fast. What would his AP and durability be as well?

Silver Samurai is Mach 5000, he can scale to it due to consistently keeping up with Wolverine who himself scales to it. As for his AP and durability, he is Multi-City Block Level, but his sword can bypass durability with it's Tachyon Field around his sword allowing him to also cut through the durability of planet level beings
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!