DEATH BATTLE: Shredder vs. Silver Samurai

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:05 pm
It's curious how Marvel has a record of beating DC in Death Battle (not always, of course) but against non-DC characters there are more losses than victories.

History of Marvel vs non-DC

Thor tossed Raiden from Metal Gear to the sun and Doctor Doom threw Darth Vader to lava.

Beast was eviscerated and torn in half by Goliath, Wolverine was decapitated and got his head sliced to dices by Raiden from Metal Gear, Captain Marvel had her head crushed by Android 18 and now Silver Samurai gets one of the goriest deaths in the shows by the hands of Shredder.

Deadpool and Pinkie Pie became friends.
Spoiler
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 pm
Ivan_El_Conquistador wrote:It's curious how Marvel has a record of beating DC in Death Battle (not always, of course) but against non-DC characters there are more losses than victories.

History of Marvel vs non-DC

Thor tossed Raiden from Mortal Kombat to the sun and Doctor Doom threw Darth Vader to lava.

Beast was eviscerated and torn in half by Goliath, Wolverine was decapitated and got his head sliced to dices by Raiden from Metal Gear, Captain Marvel had her head crushed by Android 18 and now Silver Samurai gets one of the goriest deaths in the shows by the hands of Shredder.

Deadpool and Pinkie Pie became friends.

Fixed.
Avenging Gaara and getting a win for the franchise.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm
So vote Vegeta if Vegeta vs Thor comes up.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm
Silver Samurai realistically still should of been faster then Shredder as he's fought on equal footing with Wolverine who scales to the Mach 5000 Marvel street levelers (MHS+) stuff, unless Shredder has like better MHS+ feats then that or if the Sub-Relativistic thing is legit according the prediction blog
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:53 pm
HeroicDefender97 wrote:Silver Samurai realistically still should of been faster then Shredder as he's fought on equal footing with Wolverine who scales to the Mach 5000 Marvel street levelers (MHS+) stuff, unless Shredder has like better MHS+ feats then that or if the Sub-Relativistic thing is legit according the prediction blog

I thought Marvel street levelers were lower in the quad digit machs? :?
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:55 pm
12cheeper wrote:
HeroicDefender97 wrote:Silver Samurai realistically still should of been faster then Shredder as he's fought on equal footing with Wolverine who scales to the Mach 5000 Marvel street levelers (MHS+) stuff, unless Shredder has like better MHS+ feats then that or if the Sub-Relativistic thing is legit according the prediction blog

Because we gotta apply real life logic and physics to everything even though fiction works completely different then real life ;)
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:57 pm
HeroicDefender97 wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

Because we gotta apply real life logic and physics to everything even though fiction works completely different then real life ;)

.....I meant that I thought that the best speed feat Marvel street levelers scaled to was like,mach 1000-2000.Relatively low on the quad mach scale.

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:59 pm
I can't even be salty about guessing the winner wrong, that fight was awesome. Especially since I had low expectations, considering this guy's other fights were... not the best.

Also the only "disgusting" thing about next time is how butthurt the people around here get over joke episodes.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:04 pm
12cheeper wrote:.....I meant that I thought that the best speed feat Marvel street levelers scaled to was like,mach 1000-2000.Relatively low on the quad mach scale.

I fully expect to get hate so pile it on. But this is really why while I normally hate stats based on scaling, I at least understand it with things like strength and durability. This character has this durability and if you're able to outmuscle him or harm him, then you scale.

But with things like speed, it doesn't take into account most things like someone getting caught off guard, or being lazy, most times in comics when you have someone tag a speedster it's the writer showing someone off as being more clever, not faster than the person.

And it leads to things like everyone getting scaled up because in comics generally everyone is going to be able to hit everyone, everyone is going to be able to tag everyone. The lowest nonpowered guy is still going to be able to tag a speedster. And you end up with characters stats based on scaling being higher than any feat they've ever done, just because you have to scale them to someone else. Honestly, other than scaling has SS done anything that puts him in the mach thousands?
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:34 pm
Winnosh wrote:
12cheeper wrote:.....I meant that I thought that the best speed feat Marvel street levelers scaled to was like,mach 1000-2000.Relatively low on the quad mach scale.

I fully expect to get hate so pile it on. But this is really why while I normally hate stats based on scaling, I at least understand it with things like strength and durability. This character has this durability and if you're able to outmuscle him or harm him, then you scale.

But with things like speed, it doesn't take into account most things like someone getting caught off guard, or being lazy, most times in comics when you have someone tag a speedster it's the writer showing someone off as being more clever, not faster than the person.

And it leads to things like everyone getting scaled up because in comics generally everyone is going to be able to hit everyone, everyone is going to be able to tag everyone. The lowest nonpowered guy is still going to be able to tag a speedster. And you end up with characters stats based on scaling being higher than any feat they've ever done, just because you have to scale them to someone else. Honestly, other than scaling has SS done anything that puts him in the mach thousands?

Except these feats aren't being done by speedsters?And multiple street levelers have comparable feats to begin with.This isn't like the Flash losing his reaction speed for the sake of the plot.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!