DEATH BATTLE: T.J. Combo vs. Balrog

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 pm
torru369 wrote:I hear Ibuki vs Tenten could be good.

Or Ibuki vs Kitana (oh...wait TYM is a thing still, plus that infamous fatality finisher Kitana has from MKII that will no doubt be the only way to end that fight).

Tenten makes me think of Naruto for some reason (think I'm getting a vibe that if it is her, then she wrecks Ibuki pretty good, unless they pull a BS call like they did with poor Garra).
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

The hell does Tenten even have going for her?She's basically the yamcha of the narutoverse and even then Yamcha has at least SOME victories.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm
12cheeper wrote:

The hell does Tenten even have going for her?She's basically the yamcha of the narutoverse and even then Yamcha has at least SOME victories.

So she's actually weak? (like that WEAK?)

What about Ibuki?
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 pm
VioletLightning89 wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

So she's actually weak? (like that WEAK?)

What about Ibuki?

Tenten has never won a single major fight in the series except for that time where team 9 had to fight doppelgangers of themselves.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm
12cheeper wrote:Tenten has never won a single major fight in the series except for that time where team 9 had to fight doppelgangers of themselves.

Dang!

Granted the Naruto fanboys won't be happy to see her lose to a SF character (or will they be the other way around?)
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm
tenten isnt weak...she is just average(compared to the real high tiers) and constantly surrounded by literal geniuses
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 pm
gentleman shade wrote:tenten isnt weak...she is just average(compared to the real high tiers) and constantly surrounded by literal geniuses

You should be able to scale her to BOS team 7 and random fodder but she's still one of the weakest characters in the series.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm
12cheeper wrote:
gentleman shade wrote:tenten isnt weak...she is just average(compared to the real high tiers) and constantly surrounded by literal geniuses

You should be able to scale her to BOS team 7 and random fodder but she's still one of the weakest characters in the series.

I just wish the author of naruto cared more about her. She has so much potential it's depressing to think about the way her abilities could have matured and changed from her core "theme". In the beginning she was praised for being a master of any weapon she put her hands on with a godlike accuracy. However the show squandered that potential by having her fighting style revolve around literally throwing everything and the kitchen sink at people (all of her extensive armory of weapons) and hope that her enemies are not fast enough to simply dodge or do some sort of crazy ability that defend against that.

They should have made her a special weapon that factor in her accuracy like idk a bow that can transform into 2 swords that shoot energy arrows and then from there give her cool feats to pull from using this unique weapon. But instead her theme stagnated and was rendered useless by almost all of the people around her.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 pm
gentleman shade wrote:
12cheeper wrote:

I just wish the author of naruto cared more about her. She has so much potential it's depressing to think about the way her abilities could have matured and changed from her core "theme". In the beginning she was praised for being a master of any weapon she put her hands on with a godlike accuracy. However the show squandered that potential by having her fighting style revolve around literally throwing everything and the kitchen sink at people (all of her extensive armory of weapons) and hope that her enemies are not fast enough to simply dodge or do some sort of crazy ability that defend against that.

They should have made her a special weapon that factor in her accuracy like idk a bow that can transform into 2 swords that shoot energy arrows and then from there give her cool feats to pull from using this unique weapon. But instead her theme stagnated and was rendered useless by almost all of the people around her.

I would disagree. Despite being a master of weapons, there's nothing else to go from for her. I mean, all other characters are capable of using weapons just like her and are able to know powerful jutsus. Plus, I don't think having her shoot "energy" arrows would've been a good idea. The anime got way too DBZ.
Avenging Gaara and getting a win for the franchise.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:03 pm
Reminder that Zelda arrows are supersonic so the lelarrows2slow argument doesn't really fly.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!