DEATH BATTLE: T.J. Combo vs. Balrog

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm
HammerheadSpark wrote:Should've been Balrog vs. Steve Fox as a parody of Mayweather vs. McGregor

>"But Steve isn't Irish!"

Nina is, so Steve is Irish by blood. Admittedly neither Steve nor Balrog are good at shit talking like their counterparts, but, eh, details.

Should've been Dudley vs Vanessa.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm
Winnosh wrote:
HammerheadSpark wrote:Should've been Balrog vs. Steve Fox as a parody of Mayweather vs. McGregor

Nina is, so Steve is Irish by blood. Admittedly neither Steve nor Balrog are good at shit talking like their counterparts, but, eh, details.

>dudley killing somebody
>that somebody is KOF's most bodacious female

A machinegun blow to my soul.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm
HammerheadSpark wrote:
Winnosh wrote:

>dudley killing somebody
>that somebody is KOF's most bodacious female

A machinegun blow to my soul.

You don't think much of mah Sexy pugelist Vanessa. A teleporting boxer is nothing to sneeze at.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 pm
The main thing that bugged me is the part where the deciding factor was based on RPS Boxer Theory. While the tangential learning of an interesting boxing concept was neat, I feel them using that as the main dealbreaker is a little contradictory, especially since once before thy went out of their way to deconstruct the very common Pokemon RPS theory on the Battle Royale episode.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like

Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 pm
Acegamer wrote:Hmm, what about Juri? She's pretty popular among the SF cast, although her most common request to my knowledge is Mileena from MK and they'd probably use TYM again as a feat for her...

Test your might doesn't even close to compare to some of Juri's VERY direct feats. That's part of why she's one of the better characters for a DB still in SF to use, is because she can blitz Chun, Cammy, and Guile, kick Guile hard enough to detonate a jet fifty feet behind Guile, kick missiles out of the air, block gunfire with ki alone, and nuke a theme park just from getting a little too zesty. Juri is SF's last hope.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 pm
Juri and Guile are the 2 most likely SF characters next.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 am
fawfulmark2 wrote:The main thing that bugged me is the part where the deciding factor was based on RPS Boxer Theory. While the tangential learning of an interesting boxing concept was neat, I feel them using that as the main dealbreaker is a little contradictory, especially since once before thy went out of their way to deconstruct the very common Pokemon RPS theory on the Battle Royale episode.

The boxing triangle theory wasn't the deciding factor but it was a important aspect to bring to light. Since Balrog and T.J have no canonical knowledge of each others boxing styling, they would naturally fallback onto what they know best. Balrog being aggressive and powerful like Mike Tyson (who he is based off) and T.J staying on the outside, using a rope-a-dope technique like Muhammad Ali. It makes sense to give the advantage to T.J as his style does historical fair better when pitted against the boxing style that Balrog utilizes.

Not the straw that broke the camels back but fighting styles are an important factor that determines who would win. So I think it was good that they brought that up when bringing two different boxers into DB.
DON'T FUCK THIS UP NARUTO!
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm
Tsubori wrote:
Acegamer wrote:Hmm, what about Juri? She's pretty popular among the SF cast, although her most common request to my knowledge is Mileena from MK and they'd probably use TYM again as a feat for her...

Test your might doesn't even close to compare to some of Juri's VERY direct feats. That's part of why she's one of the better characters for a DB still in SF to use, is because she can blitz Chun, Cammy, and Guile, kick Guile hard enough to detonate a jet fifty feet behind Guile, kick missiles out of the air, block gunfire with ki alone, and nuke a theme park just from getting a little too zesty. Juri is SF's last hope.

Mileena would tear Juri apart (once again TYM is a thing and all MK characters after Scorpion will get that feat, making it an auto-win for the purple Kitana clone (plus they don't have that many decent connections IMHO that works), if you want Juri to win, why not have her fight Kim Kaphwan from Fatal Fury (the very same guy she lost to in OMM as a rematch), at least that's not a direct stomp (seeing as I don't know how strong Kim is compared to Juri, nor what he has for feats and he shares the same Taekwondo fighting style as Juri), unless Kim is from the same series as Mai and Terry (in which Kim then likely beats her).

Another possible option is what I've been saying before: Send in Akuma to repair SF's image (he still has plenty of decent opponents that he could take on and is SF's strongest character by far as long as he's not facing Shao Khan or Kenpachi as he would likely lose to both of them), there is also the possibility that they could re-use some of the characters again (Ryu, Ken and Akuma would be a few notable ones, I can't see them re-using Balrog, Blanka, Cammy, Dan or Chun Li).

Also someone mentioned Guile here? (best bet is against Captain America (who flat-out stomps simply due to better feats) or another American fighter who's shares the same background as Guile (military), granted seeing Boomstick's reaction to "Guile's them goes with everything!" meme would be well worth it, even if Guile loses).
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm
fawfulmark2 wrote:Juri and Guile are the 2 most likely SF characters next.

I'm betting that Guile will be next simply because of his theme song being one of the most popular memes out there (unless they decide to re-use Akuma or Ryu again at some point), they would be mad not to do that.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm
I hear Ibuki vs Tenten could be good.
Knowing you will never return to show them all your true power.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!