DEATH BATTLE: Lucario vs. Renamon

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 pm
ChaddyFantome wrote:
Yes, I'm aware of what the ability does in the games.
But Clemont states that it was able to heal itself because of its Mega launcher ability in the anime..

Clemont only said Heal Pulse works with Mega Launcher which helped Sawyer's Pokemon recover.
He didn't say "Heal Pulse doesn't work on the user but with Mega Launcher it could"
Maybe, just maybe. Heal Pulse can be used on the user.

Is the anime fair game or is it full of crap?
It can't be both bro

The anime is just the game without all the mechanics 24/7. A number of moves, abilities, and dex entries are literally just like they are from the games
But because things aren't 110% like the games it is bullshit to use both?
??????????????????????????
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 pm
Looks to me like the game just limits how moves can be used, not how the moves actually work. For example, Teleport should, in theory, be a kickass move to have, but since it's a turn-based RPG it is instead a steaming pile of horseshit.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 pm
12cheeper wrote:
Iron Joe wrote:They're gonna pull from the anime for Pokémon. They always will. Might as well just accept that now.

Hell,if you're gonna bar everything except for the original medium of the series you would have to do the same for digimon meaning nothing except for the virtual pet toy is allowed.

Oh I'm not trying to bar off the anime. I'm saying if it explicitly contradicts things from the game, such as the important fact that Heal pulse is not a self healing technique at all, it probs shouldn't be treated as one.

...also, that argument is utterly stupid.
Digimon's core media has been the anime since 1997.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 pm
Super Smash 94 wrote:
ChaddyFantome wrote:
Clemont only said Heal Pulse works with Mega Launcher which helped Sawyer's Pokemon recover.
He didn't say "Heal Pulse doesn't work on the user but with Mega Launcher it could"
Maybe, just maybe. Heal Pulse can be used on the user.

I recommend you watch the clip you sent me again. he very much says what i did, as opposed to what you did.

I'll directly quote what he said if others are interested.

"That's right! Heal Pulse is a move that restores a Pokemon's health! it also worked with MegaLauncher, Clawitzer's ability, and that's what helped it to recover!"

Unless you wanna fill me in on Heal pulse supposedly not being a healing move, it seems pretty clear cut that he is saying mega launcher is what allowed it to heal itself with the move..

The anime is just the game without all the mechanics 24/7. ]A number of moves, abilities, and dex entries are literally just like they are from the games
But because things aren't 110% like the games it is bullshit to use both?
??????????????????????????

First off, i didn't say the anime shouldn't be used at all.
I said that I reject blatant contradictions to the way a move works in the game, let alone any other media in the series. Heal Pulse not being able to be used on ones self is a pretty defining aspect of the move, as it reflects its supportive nature as a doubles and triples move.

The anime and movies both give pokemon moves they can't get and have pokemon do things that literally don't make sense, such as the aforementioned Kyurem changing form without Reshiram or Zekrom to fuse with.

It's pretty ridiculous to claim that the anime should be used wholesale without any degree of caution or scrutiny.

Iron Joe wrote:Looks to me like the game just limits how moves can be used, not how the moves actually work. For example, Teleport should, in theory, be a kickass move to have, but since it's a turn-based RPG it is instead a steaming pile of horseshit.

The game isn't limiting anything, because it introduced it in the first place. If you wanna argue the anime lets you use it on ourself (which i have already pointed out based on the post by the user, isn't the case) that would be an outlier expansion of what a move can do rather than the opposite.

But really, there is no reason to assume either way that there was any kind of artificial limit put on the move, as it there is no real gameplay exclusive reason to make the move work that way beyond..the move works that way.

Not like making it a self healing move would be broken for the purpose of 1v1 single battles since it basically has no use beyond healing your opponent, lol.

So this makes it obvious that the move works that way because, that is how it was intended to work from a conceptual standpoint.
Last edited by ChaddyFantome on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 pm
It doesn't matter since Lucario has better stats than Renamon. What's the point of this discussion?
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 am
Foxthefox1000 wrote:It doesn't matter since Lucario has better stats than Renamon. What's the point of this discussion?

Wasn't trying to claim Lucario shouldn't have won lol.
Just pointing out how they used Heal pulse as a self healing option in their analysis, when that isn't how the move works.
Just another "18 absorbing energy" error again.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 am
ChaddyFantome wrote:
Foxthefox1000 wrote:It doesn't matter since Lucario has better stats than Renamon. What's the point of this discussion?

Wasn't trying to claim Lucario shouldn't have won lol.
Just pointing out how they used Heal pulse as a self healing option in their analysis, when that isn't how the move works.
Just another "18 absorbing energy" error again.

Meh,they've made worse mistakes.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 am
"More bending options" comes to mind along with "infinite magic, only being able to die at the hands of holy beings or weaponry, and casting an instant death curse that was really just conjuring up a parasitic spider to eat away at a tree with no defense to that kind of thing's insides" and "lifting infinity"
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 am
I recommend you watch the clip you sent me again. he very much says what i did, as opposed to what you did.

"That's right! Heal Pulse is a move that restores a Pokemon's health! it also worked with MegaLauncher, Clawitzer's ability, and that's what helped it to recover!"

I have
"and that's what helped it to recover!"
Really, it sounds like he's saying Mega Launcher just assisted in the recovery

it seems pretty clear cut that he is saying mega launcher is what allowed it to heal itself with the move.

Not really imo? But agree to disagree.

First off, i didn't say the anime shouldn't be used at all.

Okay

I said that I reject blatant contradictions to the way a move works in the game, let alone any other media in the series. Heal Pulse not being able to be used on ones self is a pretty defining aspect of the move, as it reflects its supportive nature as a doubles and triples move.

Doesn't look like a contradiction to me but w/e.

The anime and movies both give pokemon moves they can't get and have pokemon do things that literally don't make sense, such as the aforementioned Kyurem changing form without Reshiram or Zekrom to fuse with.

I know

It's pretty ridiculous to claim that the anime should be used wholesale without any degree of caution or scrutiny

It does to stupid shit ever now and then yeah. But it is helpful for seeing moves without the mechanics in the way....sometimes.
Some moves are a bit....inconsistent. Like psychic attacks.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:38 am
Super Smash 94 wrote:

I have
"and that's what helped it to recover!"
Really, it sounds like he's saying Mega Launcher just assisted in the recovery

There is no logical reason for him to say it that way unless he meant that it wouldn't have been able to recover otherwise.
The air of surprise with everyone also suggests that it healing at all is weird to begin with.

If he was just trying to say that it made the healing more powerful, there is a million better ways to say that, such as saying "it made the healing more powerful". But even then, that doesn't justify the air of surprise and shock, let alone him having to preface its use of the move at all with its ability to begin with.
Last edited by ChaddyFantome on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!