DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Captain Marvel vs Android 18

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

User avatar
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:44 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 am
12cheeper wrote:
DarthGeist wrote:
12cheeper wrote:"Intangibility doesn't count because fiction"
Bruh,are you fucking serious? :lol:
By that logic Hax as a whole doesn't exist.

Don't bother trying to claim such nonsense. Saying it's intangible is pointless when you have figures that create literal energy fields, balls and energy waves of pure Gravity. Meaning that fiction determines whether it has Substance. So your argument is moot.

And?Your point?We assume fiction behaves like reality unless proven otherwise.Otherwise there's no real way to gauge a verses power if we immediately assume each one works on a fundamentally different set of physics than reality.


This. Exactly this.

Otherwise, we might as well argue that all the destroyed planets in Dragon Ball Z are much smaller than real-life planets. That's basically what you're trying to debate - the same spirit of that argument.
Image
User avatar
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:13 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 am
That only extends so far. The list of everything with that line of thought being just utterly terrible is too great. How do you propose Physics explains a guy turning into a Car-Monster just from his love of expensive street cars? Or a guy turning into a several-thousand foot tall giant after drinking a small vial of science stuff? That somehow magically multiplies his mass millions of times over, despite the laws of physics saying that such is completely, absolutely impossible? Or explain how that world is just a super-continent in the shape of the saitama prefecture?

And, moving away from just OPM points, explain any kind of teleportation technology working when, according to actual science, such a thing is pretty much impossible.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Fuck. Your. Face!"
User avatar
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: Twin Seed City
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:18 am
...what?
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
User avatar
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
Posts: 6025
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:35 am
Iron Joe wrote:...what?

tl;Dr wan pawnch can do anything because Darth says so.
Image
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
User avatar
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:44 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
Perhaps I should explain. I have seen people use the argument that because DBZ is a fictional universe with different physics (they bring up that Earth is not like ours), the planets the bad guys destroy are much smaller than ours.
Image
User avatar
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: Twin Seed City
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 pm
Dumb.

Same gravity = same GBE = same amount of energy needed for planets to scatter. If Planet Vegeta's gravity was lesser than that of Earth (which is straight-up called Earth by the way) someone would have said so, because Dragon Ball Z is the kind of series where people care about that.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
User avatar
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:44 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 am
I agree. :)
Image
User avatar
Makes you Wonder if there's Female Robots
Makes you Wonder if there's Female Robots
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 7:15 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:32 pm
Geist, calm down dude.

You're starting to sound like the stupid-baboon who can't stop wanking it to Marvel.

Do you want people start calling you a spider-monkey clone? Because this is how people start calling others a spider-monkey clone.
Image

To all real men around the world, this one is dedicated to you all...

Spoiler
User avatar
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:20 pm
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 pm
Ace-In-The-Hole wrote:Geist, calm down dude.

You're starting to sound like the stupid-baboon who can't stop wanking it to Marvel.

Do you want people start calling you a spider-monkey clone? Because this is how people start calling others a spider-monkey clone.


More like Spider-monkey would be his clone if we want to go by that analogy
Image
User avatar
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
Posts: 1427
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 am
Location: In Hyrule. There's so much shit to do...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:42 pm
YoshinoVA wrote:
Ace-In-The-Hole wrote:Geist, calm down dude.

You're starting to sound like the stupid-baboon who can't stop wanking it to Marvel.

Do you want people start calling you a spider-monkey clone? Because this is how people start calling others a spider-monkey clone.


More like Spider-monkey would be his clone if we want to go by that analogy

does it even matter who's the clone?
Image
I would totally watch this poker match.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], coolmancool, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Sentrybot and 5 guests