DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Natsu vs Ace

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 pm
Greedow wrote:
MajorM117 wrote:Natsu loses either way, if he dies then that's that, but if he kills Ace, oh man there won't be a Fairy Tail Guild once Whitebeard's done.
Spoiler

there won't be a city left after garp joins in
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Luffy and Sabo just make this worse for the Fairy Tail Guild.
Next time on Death Battle:
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 pm
MajorM117 wrote:Natsu loses either way, if he dies then that's that, but if he kills Ace, oh man there won't be a Fairy Tail Guild once Whitebeard's done.
Spoiler

I guess Fairy Tail better prepare for Whitebeard then.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm
Lavaros wrote:
Spoiler

I guess Fairy Tail better prepare for Whitebeard then.

Yeah they should prepare those caskets.
Adam West is surfing with Cesar Romero now
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:33 am
Something occurred to me in regards to the intangibility in regards to the Fairy Tail verse to hit/touch some one becoming intangible based on an element (using that loosely because anime) it's consistent that if a person (or maybe just dragon slayer) uses the same element they can hit the opponent. Worked with Gajeel hitting Rogue when he went into Iron Shadow Dragon Mode.

I could be remembering wrong. I'm re-watching the anime looking for stuff I might of missed, so here's hoping.
Head for the Garden of Madness!
Head for the Garden of Madness!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 pm

The preview is up on YouTube, plus Boomstick possibly dies from trying to eat fire.
The prettiest of murder machines.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm
The Dog wrote:Luffy and Sabo just make this worse for the Fairy Tail Guild.

Implying that Luffy doesn't run afoul of a certain orange-clad ninja or a spinach-eating Sailor. Luffy's probably not gonna be there since he'll be too busy being punched out of existence by Popeye or straight-up obliterated by Naruto.

There's also just something I'd like to point out: Ace is a bit too reliant on his Logia powers. That WAS, after all, how Blackbeard even captured him in the first place. Disable his Logia intangibility and overwhelm him. In fact can I just say that Ace is woefully overconfident? I think if Ace loses, his overconfidence is definitely going to be one of the things that does him in. In fact that seems to be the case with MOST Logias.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:
The Dog wrote:Luffy and Sabo just make this worse for the Fairy Tail Guild.

Implying that Luffy doesn't run afoul of a certain orange-clad ninja or a spinach-eating Sailor. Luffy's probably not gonna be there since he'll be too busy being punched out of existence by Popeye or straight-up obliterated by Naruto.

There's also just something I'd like to point out: Ace is a bit too reliant on his Logia powers. That WAS, after all, how Blackbeard even captured him in the first place. Disable his Logia intangibility and overwhelm him. In fact can I just say that Ace is woefully overconfident? I think if Ace loses, his overconfidence is definitely going to be one of the things that does him in. In fact that seems to be the case with MOST Logias.

Why do you have to remind me of Luffy's upcoming demise?

I mean, in a way, it's what got Ace killed in his canon. He went up against Akainu due to a simple insult towards Whitebeard.

ultraguy wrote:Welp by forum rules I now decree medd the supreme king and overlord of forum debates. Bow down and worship his mighty logic.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am
Meddadius wrote:Why do you have to remind me of Luffy's upcoming demise?

I mean, in a way, it's what got Ace killed in his canon. He went up against Akainu due to a simple insult towards Whitebeard.

Despite everyone urging him not to take the bait, since it was an obvious trick by Akainu.

Edit: Actually, I think Ace's Logia Intangiblity might be useless here. I mean, Natsu is capable of holding onto a being made completely of fire, namely the dragon Atlas Flame, a close friend of Igneel's.

Spoiler

And yes, Atlas Flame does have intangibility similar to Ace's. Shortly afterwards, when Atlas Flame and Natsu confront Future Rogue and another dragon, Motherglare, Motherglare uses her Dragon's Roar and it passes harmlessly though Atlas Flame. It seems it works selectively when Atlas Flame wants it to (He later physically engages Motherglare), yet he couldn't shake Natsu off.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:There's also just something I'd like to point out: Ace is a bit too reliant on his Logia powers. That WAS, after all, how Blackbeard even captured him in the first place. Disable his Logia intangibility and overwhelm him. In fact can I just say that Ace is woefully overconfident? I think if Ace loses, his overconfidence is definitely going to be one of the things that does him in. In fact that seems to be the case with MOST Logias.

Ace spent years training in H2H combat before he ever ate the Flame Flame Fruit. Then he sent some unknown amount of time sailing before eating it, giving him even more experience. Pekoms himself said the New World was littered with the bodies of smug Logias who were to sure of their powers before meeting experienced Haki users or other powerful characters, yet Ace was strong enough to become a Commander of the strongest pirate crew in the world. So no, he isn't reliant on it. And Blackbeard defeated him because 1) his fruit is fucking hax and 2) he is arguably the biggest tank in One Piece

Neosonic97 wrote:Despite everyone urging him not to take the bait, since it was an obvious trick by Akainu.

Edit: Actually, I think Ace's Logia Intangiblity might be useless here. I mean, Natsu is capable of holding onto a being made completely of fire, namely the dragon Atlas Flame, a close friend of Igneel's.

Spoiler

And yes, Atlas Flame does have intangibility similar to Ace's. Shortly afterwards, when Atlas Flame and Natsu confront Future Rogue and another dragon, Motherglare, Motherglare uses her Dragon's Roar and it passes harmlessly though Atlas Flame. It seems it works selectively when Atlas Flame wants it to (He later physically engages Motherglare), yet he couldn't shake Natsu off.

Already addressed this when Grand Blazer brought it up. Natsu being able to grab fire doesn't matter at all if he can't hurt Ace. Nothing you said proves he can harm Ace in his fire mode

"If you could go on a vacation, where would you like to go?"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Gajeel was able to hurt Rogue after using Iron Shadow Dragon mode, where before he wasn't able to hit him because he'd turn intangible. Considering Natsu was later able to grip on to Atlas Flame it's possible that Natsu could hurt Ace even in his fire form.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!