DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Natsu vs Ace

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:48 pm
Beelzebub wrote:shgon, Ichigo is one of the few popular shonen protags who's actually portrayed as being fairly booksmart, what the hell are you talking about. your hateboner is blinding you

... No, your hate boner for Natsu is blinding you to the fact that I didn't call Ichigo an idiot... Ichigo isn't an "idiot", IIRC he is something like 2-3ed in his class. What Ichigo is though is a fool.

My personal favorite moment of such, was when he shot a deadly attack at someone... And then yelled at them for not dodging it.
Quick, Call Reagen!
Quick, Call Reagen!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 pm
No no hes not. But this is of topic the point being is That natsu aint smart nor is he smarter than Ace
Fly away now Fly away now Fly awwwwwayyyyy.... To Voltron
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:15 am
Wisdom wrote:No no hes not. But this is of topic the point being is That natsu aint smart nor is he smarter than Ace

"I'll cut off my arm and leg too".

Natsu isn't stupid, and Ace isn't any genius. Mean while Natsu is the one with most of a manga to pull examples of cleverness or cunning from. Where as Ace barely ever did anything.
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:56 am
"he's not stupid but he's a fool"
look I get what you were going for here but you should know that you phrased that in a way that sounds pretty fucking retarded. you also referred to him as an "idiot hero" so you quite literally did call him an idiot. Yeah I assume that's in reference to a trope or something but that's not exactly the first thing most people would jump to. tldr; work on your comminication skills

also yeah the dodging thing was definitely dumb, first example that comes to my mind as well though only when you consider the context around the fight. Strictly abiding by a warriors code =/= stupidity necessarily, especially when your opponent is injured and you have a companion that can restore lost limbs. You being willing to excuse Natsu's fuck ups because he's "just a hothead" but not this is pretty telling.

lastly, I don't hate natsu, I don't think I've ever mentioned him before this outside of this thread. You're literally just making shit up to suit you. I don't care about fairy tail, but I do know enough about it to see that DB using him being smart as an advantage over Ace is indefensible
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 pm
Someone post a feat showing Natsu as a "cunning battle strategist"

Challenge Mode: It can't be a time he just ate some outside source of magic

SUUUPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH since 2004
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:14 pm
Remember kids:

Eating what your opponent throws at you = Cunning Battle Strategist
This is going to be fun...

Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:31 pm
Hey, it's consistent. Yoshi, Kirby, etc. 'Course, those guys actually had stats on their side too.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
Quick, Call Reagen!
Quick, Call Reagen!
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:01 pm
d180 wrote:Remember kids:

Ive read the Manga thawt is literally all he fuking does. Its like saying Knowing how to make a fist makes you a tactical fist master
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 am
d180 wrote:Remember kids:

There is an instance of him eating fire that did show some thought, when he ate Zancrows God Slayer flames by depleting his own magic. He's also gotten around people negating his own powers, like when he beat the shit out of Franmalth using a giant stone slab, and when he went up against Yuka who could negate his magic before it could touch him, Natsu decided to use his flames to push against his elbows so he could punch harder instead. His solution to Cobra/Erik being able to hear every move he made was to roar right into his ears and overload his senses.

Granted this doesn't make him the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's far from dumb when it comes to a fight.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
Quick, Call Reagen!
Quick, Call Reagen!
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 am
>Natsu Punchs in a different way and natsu eats the fire differently These things arent even remotely smart. If natsu is the cutoff for smart or tactical genius then Fuk every fight from now on Has the intelligence factor hard
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!