DEATH BATTLE Discussion: Natsu vs Ace

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 pm
I agree with the results, the animation was great in my opinion.
transcend into the hype zone
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:04 pm
Unknownmoor10 wrote:Image
I agree with the results, the animation was great in my opinion.

You can leave now
"TH' LEGEN'RY BANDIT TURNED 'ERO"
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 pm
http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/epi ... commentary Episode commentary is out I ain't watching that shit, but if any of you are brave enough to watch it, what did they talk about in the commentary?
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 pm
DarthGeist wrote:Natsu is very much the Goku archetype. In many, Many areas, he's a complete brain-dead dunce cap who probably wouldn't even know how to breathe if Igneel hadn't taught him. But in the aspect of fighting. he is highly capable and intelligent enough to study his opponents, recognize their strengths and works towards beating. Showed best when fighting Sting and Rogue during the GMG.

... No, no he isn't. Hell, he is probably less of The Idiot Hero then Ichigo is. The fact that Natsu isn't nearly as dumb as he comes off as is lamp shaded repeatedly throughout the manga.

What Natsu actually is is, not surprisingly, a hot head. It's his fiery personality and temper that get him into trouble and make him come off as foolish at times, not any lack of IQ.

OOU the whole point is he is meant to be a subversion of the Goku archetype.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:45 am
Shgon Dunstan wrote:... No, no he isn't. Hell, he is probably less of The Idiot Hero then Ichigo is. The fact that Natsu isn't nearly as dumb as he comes off as is lamp shaded repeatedly throughout the manga.

What Natsu actually is is, not surprisingly, a hot head. It's his fiery personality and temper that get him into trouble and make him come off as foolish at times, not any lack of IQ.

Though I haven't gone all the way through the manga I have gone far enough through that I can confirm this is true.

Arguably Ichigo is the opposite, funnily enough- he comes off as smart at first glance, but then he makes A LOT of stupid mistakes. And I do mean A LOT, but considering that this is Bleach we're talking about here, that ain't surprising. One of these mistakes actually got him killed, requiring his True Hollow Form to come out and save him.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:47 pm
Natsu's pretty classically book dumb. Most of his smarter moments outside of battle are him following his senses rather then using any kind of deductive reasoning, strategy or planning. The dude constantly forgets about people and situations he was directly involved in.
After reading YouTube comments.
Unofficial Official Death Battle Discord https://discord.gg/TYYSYeE
Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Lavaros wrote:Natsu's pretty classically book dumb. Most of his smarter moments outside of battle are him following his senses rather then using any kind of deductive reasoning, strategy or planning. The dude constantly forgets about people and situations he was directly involved in.

Oh, no one said he was some kind of genius. Fairly average really, but... next to the Gokus, that IS pretty much a genius.

As far as his more foolish moments... Like I said, he is a hot head. It's not that he CAN'T think, it's that he just DOESN'T. Much like Luffy might well be smarter then he seems... He just doesn't care/want to be, and so doesn't bother being. Luffy wants to exactly who Luffy WANTS to be. He could care less about being anything else.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 pm
Shgon Dunstan wrote:
DarthGeist wrote:Natsu is very much the Goku archetype. In many, Many areas, he's a complete brain-dead dunce cap who probably wouldn't even know how to breathe if Igneel hadn't taught him. But in the aspect of fighting. he is highly capable and intelligent enough to study his opponents, recognize their strengths and works towards beating. Showed best when fighting Sting and Rogue during the GMG.

... No, no he isn't. Hell, he is probably less of The Idiot Hero then Ichigo is. The fact that Natsu isn't nearly as dumb as he comes off as is lamp shaded repeatedly throughout the manga.

Shgon Dunstan wrote:
Lavaros wrote:Natsu's pretty classically book dumb. Most of his smarter moments outside of battle are him following his senses rather then using any kind of deductive reasoning, strategy or planning. The dude constantly forgets about people and situations he was directly involved in.

Oh, no one said he was some kind of genius. Fairly average really, but... next to the Gokus, that IS pretty much a genius.

As far as his more foolish moments... Like I said, he is a hot head. It's not that he CAN'T think, it's that he just DOESN'T. Much like Luffy might well be smarter then he seems... He just doesn't care/want to be, and so doesn't bother being. Luffy wants to exactly who Luffy WANTS to be. He could care less about being anything else.

Spoiler

I mean, to be fair, Luffy acting dumb just because he wants to is mostly just an interpretation. The fact of the matter is, he has a lot of stupid moments. A lot. You're right on Natsu, though.

ultraguy wrote:Welp by forum rules I now decree medd the supreme king and overlord of forum debates. Bow down and worship his mighty logic.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm
shgon, Ichigo is one of the few popular shonen protags who's actually portrayed as being fairly booksmart, what the hell are you talking about. your hateboner is blinding you
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:48 pm
Neosonic97 wrote:
Shgon Dunstan wrote:... No, no he isn't. Hell, he is probably less of The Idiot Hero then Ichigo is. The fact that Natsu isn't nearly as dumb as he comes off as is lamp shaded repeatedly throughout the manga.

Though I haven't gone all the way through the manga I have gone far enough through that I can confirm this is true.

Arguably Ichigo is the opposite, funnily enough- he comes off as smart at first glance, but then he makes A LOT of stupid mistakes. And I do mean A LOT, but considering that this is Bleach we're talking about here, that ain't surprising. One of these mistakes actually got him killed, requiring his True Hollow Form to come out and save him.

You mean when Ulq skewered him? How is getting overwhelmed by a vastly more powerful opponen dumb? That's not to say Ichigo doesn't have his share of CIS though. Don't understand what it is with fuckers and Bleach and finding problems where there aren't. It's not like they're in short supply.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!