Moderator: Imperator100

Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 am
fire powers no work

hit with big rock

man hear sound good

make loud sound

Move over Garry Kasparov, there's a new chess grandmaster in town.
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:07 pm
So what's the consensus on this match? If there is one.

Spoiler
If you tell me to lurk more, you're getting diddled
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:46 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:So what's the consensus on this match? If there is one.

uuuuuuuh logic machine broke
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Spoiler

Majority of this forum disagrees
Wiki agrees
Most popular anime channels on Youtube agree
other vs sites are pretty divided.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:23 am

Spoiler

Do you believe Ace is as strong as a casual Admiral, his fellow Commanders, and/or prime Chinjao? Then he wins. If not, Natsu wins

"If you could go on a vacation, where would you like to go?"
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 pm
metabro wrote:

Spoiler

Do you believe Ace is as strong as a casual Admiral, his fellow Commanders, and/or prime Chinjao? Then he wins. If not, Natsu wins

Scaling to Prime Chinjao would put Ace on the level of Prime Garp, which is a complete nah.

Casual Admiral? I mean, he matched Aokiji at Marineford, but nothing really else. One fist from Akainu put him down.

I wouldn't put Ace at Marco level either, since Marco was matching Kizaru and was the only one of Whitebeard's commanders hyped up enough to take on Blackbeard. (he got fucked tho).

Who does Ace scale to other than Blackbeard pre-Marineford? Jozu the only one I can think of.
Press X to Hug Family
Press X to Hug Family
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:03 pm
XImpossibruX wrote:
metabro wrote:

Spoiler

Scaling to Prime Chinjao would put Ace on the level of Prime Garp, which is a complete nah.

Casual Admiral? I mean, he matched Aokiji at Marineford, but nothing really else. One fist from Akainu put him down.

I wouldn't put Ace at Marco level either, since Marco was matching Kizaru and was the only one of Whitebeard's commanders hyped up enough to take on Blackbeard. (he got fucked tho).

Who does Ace scale to other than Blackbeard pre-Marineford? Jozu the only one I can think of.

Prime Garp oneshotted Chinjao. Chinjao was hardly on his level. And as of now I doubt Commanders or Admirals would lose to Prime Garp after only one punch regardless of how legendary he was

A no-effort Aokiji still has feats that trump over anything Natsu did. Akainu put him down because of Devil Fruit superiority. It was also after Ace spent weeks of torture in Impel Down and chained to Seastone cuffs, so he wasn't in peak form either. Not saying he'd win or anything, but he probably would have faired as well against Akainu as any of his other fellow Commanders would

The fact Marco got fucked means that hype was just hype anyway. Jozu also matched Aokiji and made him bleed while Vista matched Mihawk. I doubt Ace would earn his rank as one of the top Commanders while also being significantly weaker than those three

"If you could go on a vacation, where would you like to go?"

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:53 pm
metabro wrote:
The fact Marco got fucked means that hype was just hype anyway. Jozu also matched Aokiji and made him bleed while Vista matched Mihawk. I doubt Ace would earn his rank as one of the top Commanders while also being significantly weaker than those three

Ace is physically weaker than the two (Considering that Jozu stopped an attack from Mihawk of all people) but makes up for it with his Devil Fruit powers and sheer endurance. Just because they are the same rank does not mean their physical stats are comparable.

Also once again, it doesn't really take much effort to bend Chinjao's head if he's not attacking or if you can overcome his attacks. Chinjao's own Grandson Sai did the exact same thing that Garp did thirty years ago with a casual kick. (And note: Chinjao was not knocked out in either instance. The only damage he sustained was that his head was bent.). Even worse, there was no sign of a struggle in this situation- Sai effortlessly overcame Chinjao's strength. . So unless you're telling me that Sai is on par with Prime Garp (Considering that Chinjao was trying to attack Sai at the time in a fit of anger over his interactions with Baby 5 using the same strength as 30 years ago), and thus, Zoro, who is heavily implied to be stronger than Sai (Given how Sai was awestruck by Zoro's strength when he performed his feat regarding slicing Pica in two) is ALSO as strong as Prime Garp. This ALSO applies to Luffy, who eliminated Sai in the Colosseum matches before the match where he restored Chinjao's head by accident. Your scaling falls apart right there, because it would go Prime Garp=Sai<Pica<Current Zoro<Doflamingo=Current Aokiji=Current Luffy, or something along those lines. This would also make all the aforementioned characters on par with Gol D. Roger AT WORST, as Prime Garp is on par with him.

Something is very wrong with the power scaling here.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
You'll be a Hero, in Time
You'll be a Hero, in Time
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:20 pm
The way you bold words in your posts is extremely obnoxious, you should let your words have their own impact.

Bolding entire sentences just seems like you want to be noticed.

Also, general scaling means roughly comparable to someone, not absolutely on par.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:39 pm
Scáth wrote:The way you bold words in your posts is extremely obnoxious, you should let your words have their own impact.

Bolding entire sentences just seems like you want to be noticed.

Also, general scaling means roughly comparable to someone, not absolutely on par.

The problem with metabro's scaling is a few things, though.

Ace is very clearly physically inferior to the likes of Jozu and Marco, considering the former is capable of stopping sword strikes from Mihawk, and the latter shows far greater physical strength than Ace ever does. In fact, we get a fairly good idea of where Ace's physical strength lies about in the Alabasta Arc, where he only barely triumphs in a bout of arm wrestling against Luffy. This also ties into their fruit categories: Ace is a Logia, Jozu is a Paramecia and Marco is a Zoan (A mythical Zoan at that).

Secondly, again, given how they performed very similar feats, his scaling suggests that Sai should be around the level of Prime Garp and thus Gol D. Roger. Likewise, this would mean characters above him, like Zoro, Luffy, Doflamingo and the like would ALSO be at this level... except we clearly know that they're not at Prime Garp's level (as Luffy fears Garp even now). This causes a massive problem with the scaling.

Sorry about the bolding thing, but I feel that I have to absolutely make sure that the point gets across. I've made points so obvious that nobody could miss them, only for them to be completely missed before. So I bold the key bits of information to make sure they don't get missed.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!