What do you think is the most nostalgic Death Battle?

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
You Crack Me Up, Little Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:42 pm
The TMNT Battle Royal was probably the one that scream "Nostalgia", but, to be honest, it was the first battle that bothered me in a "Ow, my childhood" way, you know? Pokemon vs Digimon is a close second.

For the other kind of nostalgia, (Like about DB), for me it's Starscream vs Rainbow Dash. I know the fandom was always a cringe fest, but the birth of the fandom is a sort of golden age. (That Hasbro C&D'd a lot of)
Bro love is best love
Come on, Get Serious!
Come on, Get Serious!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:36 am
I would have to say the most nostalgic episodes for me that had my childhood would have to be Pokemon VS Digimon and Bowser VS Ganon since they both screamed childhood for me since in the former's case, I grew up watching both of their shows on tv back when I was a kid but for the latter's case, Bowser and Ganon are basically two of the biggest villains from Nintendo and considering that I came into this world during the SNES and N64 days aka the 1990s, it was basically the ultimate question that I had when I grew up and last year it was answered.
I hope Noel VS Aigis will be in Season 5 and hopefully it'll be for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle's release in 2018.
Spoiler
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:08 pm
Yoshirocks92 wrote: it was basically the ultimate question that I had when I grew up and last year it was answered.

But it wasn't. It's like saying the egg came first because ghosts are real and space aliens fabricated the Holocaust.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:24 pm
the most nostalgic episode would have to be batman vs spiderman, cause is the first one I watched and I grew up with the cartoons

but the most nostalgic based on the characters?
goku vs superman... I know I said I grew up with the batman and spiderman cartoons, but I breathed Dragon ball, watched all the episodes, played all the games, tried to go super saiyan more times than I'm wiling to share, had several toys, had all the movies in vhs (even freaking bio broly was there), I had pretty much anything that had a dragon ball label that I could find
hell, I still have a goku, vegeta and broly figures/toys right here on the side of my computer
if you want to define my childhood as one single thing, that thing is dragon ball

but digimon vs pokemon is a close second
I would totally watch this poker match.

An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 am
For me, it'd be Mario vs Sonic, hands down. I grew up with both series being a consistent part of my childhood, and i'd seen multiple animations of the two fighting, so it was generally the matchup I was most familiar with, even if I didn't know all the details. In fact, I'm pretty sure Mario vs Sonic was the matchup that introduced me to Death Battle in the first place.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:47 pm
Shredder ranks pretty high on terms of nostalgia, I'd definitely rank it up there with past Death Battles.

"I'm cookin' up an ass whoopin'!"

Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:00 pm
For me, it was the gaming mascots. Probably a common answer.
"Fun is an illusion that distracts you from what is real.

Pain and suffering." ~ Shadowofadoubt 2016

The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:56 pm
I feel the most nostalgic fight for me was probably Batman Vs. Spider-Man. As a kid, I had to deal with everyone saying "oh, Spider-Man sucks. Batman is better." This fight just hit home for my childhood, and it feels cathartic in a weird way.

Godzilla Vs. Gamera was another. In the Kaiju fandom, this is the one fight I hear everyone mention and talk about. It feels good to finally give the big guys the spotlight in a Death Battle. Hell, I wasn't even sure this would have happened, so feels good to be proven wrong.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 am
He-Man vs Lion-O It has to be. Man the memories of rushing home from school to try and catch Thundercats before it went off. Thundercats came on at 3:00pm Class let out at around 3:00 I lived about two blocks away so imagine all the running I had to do with my little legs.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 am
Raiden vs wolverine for me

back when I was 2 playing metal gear rising, those were the days.
"Kiryu-chan!!"

Spoiler

PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!