I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am
Wait? What's wrong?
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Don't Think, Feel!
Don't Think, Feel!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 am
Winnosh wrote:Wait? What's wrong?

Because that actually would invalidate the feat.You can't use feats the author straight up said didn't happen.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm
It happened, we just may not be correctly informed as to how. Like the narration said, accounts vary wildly as to just what happened that day. Something happened to that boat.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm
12cheeper wrote:
Winnosh wrote:Wait? What's wrong?

Because that actually would invalidate the feat.You can't use feats the author straight up said didn't happen.

Do I agree it would invalidate it, yes. Though I'm surprised to find people agree with me. Usually in instances like this I find people stating that you go by what happens in the comic, and not the author. That said, it's one of those instances of someone asking something in one of the letters pages and the writer clarifying it in response.

Though sometimes we get things like Geoff Johns where he wrote in asking if Lex Luthor was the person who donated the Human DNA to create Superboy, and Dan Jergens responed with No he wasn't. Then later when Geoff started writing for DC he actually retconned it to be Lex Luthor. Though in this instance there's only one writer

Anyway since it's something from the letters pages I'm having difficulty finding it, so until I get the actual thing up on screen I'd say hold it, though I will say the info is from someone I trust. Would appreciate someone else looking too though since I'm at work.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:33 pm
The only times details like that are questioned is if it contradicts events from the story.

So like if Matt Groening said Lisa's favorite food was ham sandwiches it would be an example of contradiction due to her being a vegetarian for decades.
Let's settle this Debate Once and blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:26 pm
Someone sent me a scan of Scrooge avoiding an asteroid field in space and said it was FTL. I'd post it, but I don't know how
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 pm
FTL? I seriously doubt that.

Whaddya mean you don't know how? If he sent you an image file, then just save the image, upload it to Imgur, and post the URL here. Otherwise, if he just sent you a URL, then put that here.
"Anyone who abandons his reason and lives only by hatred IS a monster!" - Meta Knight

Sun, I am Proud
Sun, I am Proud
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 pm
http://m.imgur.com/GnUdLIr

Here we are

I don't know if it's legit, so I'm still saying SK should've won, but I just want to know how it is or isn't legit
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm
Not legit. No one is ever shown to maneuver it.
Too fabulous for you
Squall's a Wuss
Squall's a Wuss
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm
That doesn't look FTL at all, but the "3 and a half days, 400,000 miles, and several omelets later" bit does net mach 6.2. Nothing SK can't handle, but that's nice I guess.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!