DB: What would you like me to improve on next year?

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

I Just Got the Bundle for Free
I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 pm
I'm bringing this thread back up because it might be a good idea to have a separate thread to critique animation seeing as how more people tend to focus on the verdict in the main one.

Anyways, question for CV if he sees it: Most people here are upset with Shovel Knight's portrayal in the recent fight, were moments like the handrubbing and wide eyes in the gold pit written in the script sent to you by SA?
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 pm
comicking428 wrote:I'm bringing this thread back up because it might be a good idea to have a separate thread to critique animation seeing as how more people tend to focus on the verdict in the main one.

Anyways, question for CV if he sees it: Most people here are upset with Shovel Knight's portrayal in the recent fight, were moments like the handrubbing and wide eyes in the gold pit written in the script sent to you by SA?

To be fair, my eyes would go wide if I saw that shit ton amount of gold.
Avenging Gaara and getting a win for the franchise.
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm
VampyreNVRmore wrote:
comicking428 wrote:I'm bringing this thread back up because it might be a good idea to have a separate thread to critique animation seeing as how more people tend to focus on the verdict in the main one.

You are not Shovel Knight.Dude is practically a saint.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:13 pm
12cheeper wrote:
VampyreNVRmore wrote:

You are not Shovel Knight.Dude is practically a saint.

And I'm a vampire. What else is new. I'm just saying that anyone would be surprised at the amount of gold Scrooge has.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm
VampyreNVRmore wrote:And I'm a vampire. What else is new.

Spoiler
"In other words…a worthless person will always be worthless, no matter what he does."
I've Covered Wars!
I've Covered Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm
Defectminus wrote:

Spoiler

Quit oppressing vampirekin.Check your privilege shitlord.
When a girl beats a guy in Death Battle.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 pm
Defectminus wrote:

Spoiler

Just because vampires drinks blood from human beings, it doesn't mean there should be oppression.
Seal Fodder
Seal Fodder
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:44 pm
Visually, I think CV did great with the 8 bit sprites, giving them weight and dynamics. that said, again I'm wary regarding the bloodstains. putting 8 bit bloodstains on an angle in an 8 bit world makes everything feel forced, suddenly those pixels it's zoomed in on are big enough to fit whole diamonds of pixels.

That said, I feel like this was a strong showing overall, and it didn't seem like, at the resolution we were looking at them at, we should have seen all that much blood forming on the characters, so I feel it worked quite well.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:38 pm
comicking428 wrote:Anyways, question for CV if he sees it: Most people here are upset with Shovel Knight's portrayal in the recent fight, were moments like the handrubbing and wide eyes in the gold pit written in the script sent to you by SA?

Both those where my idea to add in, for comedic purposes of course. I go along with the script but if I see an opportunity to make people get a chuckle or add in more animation to a section I usually try to implement it. My intentions when adding those little details is to make people laugh, if anyone gets offended by that I am sorry I couldn't make you laugh.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Boltmon_X wrote:Visually, I think CV did great with the 8 bit sprites, giving them weight and dynamics. that said, again I'm wary regarding the bloodstains. putting 8 bit bloodstains on an angle in an 8 bit world makes everything feel forced, suddenly those pixels it's zoomed in on are big enough to fit whole diamonds of pixels.

That said, I feel like this was a strong showing overall, and it didn't seem like, at the resolution we were looking at them at, we should have seen all that much blood forming on the characters, so I feel it worked quite well.

Yeah I agree, if there's something I wish I would have changed was that in retrospect. I try and steer away from that kind of blood implementation in my retro style animations next time. And thank you for the compliment, as always it seriously means a whole lot to hear this from fans of the show, especially with all the amazing animators we have/have had over the years.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!