DB: What would you like me to improve on next year?

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

Complete. Global. Saturation.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:52 pm
Loved the use of the fishing rod, creative and unexpected stuff that can't be done in normal gameplay like that is always amazing.
When you learn you're going to have to fight Ace.
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:56 pm
>expecting accurate character portrayal is being a fanatic

pretty sure all the same people who noticed the inaccuracy in SK's portrayal would have said the same thing if Scrooge were portrayed as a monk who had done away with worldly possessions.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:58 pm
HomestuckLover wrote:
Jetz-CVAnimation wrote:
Beelzebub wrote:If Kratos ever returns to the show let's introduce him in the animation by having him prance around in a meadow wearing a tutu while cutesy animals sing around him. Get it because the actual Kratos wouldn't ever do something like that? Wouldn't that be HILARIOUS?

Great idea, I'll keep that in mind!

Spoiler

Also, Jetz, your sound effects have improved amazingly. Every sound effect for this fight felt meticulously placed, and it was overall really fitting for the fight theme.

Overall one of your most creative fights (and best fights) yet. Can't wait to see more dude.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you think my sound effect work is improving as I really took my time to nail it this time around and did my research on how to make sounds.. well, sound better. Hopefully this translate well once im not doing 8-bit animations. Still got a lot of work to improve on, like have a better sense of humor and better joke setups i suppouse, but as always I'll give it my all with every new animation I make!
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 pm
I agree with everyone on SK's character being butchered for the sake of a joke, but Jetz, I still love you for actually asking for our opinions and trying to improve. Keep it classy, man.
thebrawlbro wrote:Loved the use of the fishing rod, creative and unexpected stuff that can't be done in normal gameplay like that is always amazing.

^

ultraguy wrote:Welp by forum rules I now decree medd the supreme king and overlord of forum debates. Bow down and worship his mighty logic.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 pm
Meddadius wrote:I agree with everyone on SK's character being butchered for the sake of a joke, but Jetz, I still love you for actually asking for our opinions and trying to improve. Keep it classy, man.
thebrawlbro wrote:Loved the use of the fishing rod, creative and unexpected stuff that can't be done in normal gameplay like that is always amazing.

^

Trust me, is never easy to hear someone didnt enjoy my work or that is not up to a specific standard when you spend weeks and some times sleepless nights to get this as good as I can possibly make it. But when someone takes the time to write a coherent and polite criticism like most of you people do, I don't like for it to go ignored or lost in the comment section.

That section was suppose to be a quick grab and swing but I wanted to extend it and make it a bit "cooler". I like Shovel Knight a lot, I just wasn't expecting such a simple thing like skipping along or, what I like to call, 'boner eyes' to piss people off. If it makes you all feel any better, Death Battle is not really canon to the Shovel Knight lore. I mean, there was a canon in the animation but is not canon... I can see why you guys hate my jokes now.
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm
Jetz-CVAnimation wrote:
That section was suppose to be a quick grab and swing but I wanted to extend it and make it a bit "cooler". I like Shovel Knight a lot, I just wasn't expecting such a simple thing like skipping along or, what I like to call, 'boner eyes' to piss people off. If it makes you all feel any better, Death Battle is not really canon to the Shovel Knight lore. I mean, there was a canon in the animation but is not canon... I can see why you guys hate my jokes now.

We all know that DBs aren't canon to any of the lore their combatants are a part of. Jokes can be okay, but like I said before, they can work as long as combatants stay true to character. Shovel Knight rubbing his hands pissed people off because they knew it was uncharacteristic of him doing so. Get what I'm saying?
Avenging Gaara and getting a win for the franchise.
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 pm
Saddest thing is watching how SK acted kinda made me wish it was Wario even more.

CVA is still best husbando though so it all good.
Users on the DB Forum waiting for a Halloween episode be like
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm
fawfulmark2 wrote:Saddest thing is watching how SK acted kinda made me wish it was Wario even more.

I don't even want to imagine best boy Wario being downplayed like SK. I don't know if my heart could take it.

Still, I would love to see Wario's reaction when entering Scrooge's vault.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:45 pm
One thing is absolutely certain: If Wario appears in Death Battle, he's not gonna be moon level. I could bet my set on that.

On topic, I loved this animation. Wasn't the biggest fan of SK's portrayal but guess what, it's Death Battle. How in-character can half the characters who've been in this show be if they're fighting each other to the death?
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 pm
fawfulmark2 wrote:Saddest thing is watching how SK acted kinda made me wish it was Wario even more.

You are wrong Zack is and will always be best husbando.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!