DEATH BATTLE Episode & Opponent Speculation Thread

It's time for POSTING OPINIONS!

Moderator: Imperator100

The Best Offense is a Strong Defense!
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 pm
Well, since they said that this season is gonna have a lot of highly requested fights, and Torrian is probably the next animator, here are some guesses for a 3d battle.

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer
Vergil vs Sephiroth
Green Lantern vs Nova.
Frickin' fantastic.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:57 pm
PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:Well, since they said that this season is gonna have a lot of highly requested fights, and Torrian is probably the next animator, here are some guesses for a 3d battle.

Vergil vs Sephiroth
Green Lantern vs Nova.

Every time I see Vergil vs Sephiroth I get a bit more upset.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:29 pm
Winnosh wrote:
PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:Well, since they said that this season is gonna have a lot of highly requested fights, and Torrian is probably the next animator, here are some guesses for a 3d battle.

Vergil vs Sephiroth
Green Lantern vs Nova.

I don't care for it, but I see it everywhere, so it's gonna happen.
Frickin' fantastic.
Step it Up!
Step it Up!
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 pm
PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:
Winnosh wrote:

Vergil vs Sephiroth
Green Lantern vs Nova.

I don't care for it, but I see it everywhere, so it's gonna happen.

I mean I still don't get it. Why Vergil vs Sephiroth when we have Vergil vs Sesshomaru The characters have far far more in common.
"Versus Debating is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come. "
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Scavenger Extraordinaire
Location: In my house, impatiently waiting for season 4 of Hell Girl
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:22 pm
Winnosh wrote: I mean I still don't get it. Why Vergil vs Sephiroth when we have Vergil vs Sesshomaru The characters have far far more in common.

Because youtube comments aren't smart and that's where most of the matchups come from.

I've seen maybe 2-3ish requests for Vergil vs Sesshomaru, and much, much more for Vergil vs Sephiroth. As with Sub vs Glacius (I think Glacius is his most suggested opponent), even if one combatant has far better opponents, the most requested one will most likely happen whether we like it or not.

Even though I am very outspoken and hate the idea of Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch, I'm pretty prepared for that episode to eventually exist.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 am
YoshinoVA wrote:
Winnosh wrote: I mean I still don't get it. Why Vergil vs Sephiroth when we have Vergil vs Sesshomaru The characters have far far more in common.

Because youtube comments aren't smart and that's where most of the matchups come from.

I've seen maybe 2-3ish requests for Vergil vs Sesshomaru, and much, much more for Vergil vs Sephiroth. As with Sub vs Glacius (I think Glacius is his most suggested opponent), even if one combatant has far better opponents, the most requested one will most likely happen whether we like it or not.

Even though I am very outspoken and hate the idea of Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch, I'm pretty prepared for that episode to eventually exist.

... Oh God, that means we're gonna get Crystal Gems vs. Powerpuff Girls, doesn't it?
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:10 am
The Dog wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:

... Oh God, that means we're gonna get Crystal Gems vs. Powerpuff Girls, doesn't it?

Either that or EVERYBODY vs Garnet, because she's matched up with everybody from Venom to Sans.
Frickin' fantastic.
An Empty Quote
An Empty Quote
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm
PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:
The Dog wrote:
YoshinoVA wrote:Because youtube comments aren't smart and that's where most of the matchups come from.

Either that or EVERYBODY vs Garnet, because she's matched up with everybody from Venom to Sans.

Ah yes, Garnet vs. everybody you can think of, often with the fight theme being little more than 'they both punch really hard'. Hell, Knuckles vs. Donkey Kong had "neither is really all that bright" to go along with the punching really hard.
Next time on Death Battle:

"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be cryin' all day."
- Father Alexander Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 08
Part-Time Alien Buster
Part-Time Alien Buster
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm
The Dog wrote:
PineappleGuy Carmine wrote:Either that or EVERYBODY vs Garnet, because she's matched up with everybody from Venom to Sans.

Ah yes, Garnet vs. everybody you can think of, often with the fight theme being little more than 'they both punch really hard'. Hell, Knuckles vs. Donkey Kong had "neither is really all that bright" to go along with the punching really hard.

Garnet is pretty much my favorite gem in that show, but seriously what the fuck? Her fighting virtually anyone rivals Sans fighting virtually anyone.
Avenging Gaara and getting a win for the franchise.
The Other Ripley
The Other Ripley
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:06 pm
Anyone fighting anyone rivals Sans fighting anyone.
Unlike you people, I get my news from a reliable source. Image
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!