I Just Got the Bundle for Free
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm
Geomancer wrote:
12cheeper wrote:
Geomancer wrote:
Spoiler
Youtube's not gonna be happy.

Spoiler
Is Berserk really all that popular on YouTube?

Spoiler
Recent popularity plus the way Ben and Chad sucked Guts off in Guts vs Nightmare, making him sound completely invincible. They're gonna wonder how a blonde twink beat someone like that when he lost to Link.

Spoiler
Probably won't be that bad honestly. Part of why Guts vs Nightmare's reception was good was not just because of Guts' badassness himself, but Nightmare's a pretty easy throwaway that not a lot of people would rage over losing. Cloud's got enough of a fanbase to rival or surpass Guts', plus Link vs Cloud's always been iffy amongst the YT community.
Last edited by comicking428 on Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:40 pm
That animation was definetly a major improvement over Sub vs Glacius. Was good about not making the winner obvious, with quite a few fake outs. Definently in my top five DBX's.
When you learn you're going to have to fight Ace.
Rising Dragon
Rising Dragon
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:04 pm
Nightmare was my favorite character in Soul Calibur, but I agree that Guts should've won that fight, it all really boils down to Dragonslayer being able to kill on the Astral Plane, if he didn't have that, then he would've lost.

Looking forward to the DBX though!
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
Sweet Tooth's Daddy
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 am
It was surprising how good that was. I always thought DBX was a poor man's OMM.

I mean, I would watch it over again. Well done to whomever animated it.
Robber in Training
Robber in Training
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:06 pm

That was super nice, can't believe it's the same guy as Sub-Zero vs. Glacius. Mad props.
Just wish the winner was different since 350 chapter of Berserk manga just came out. And that shit needs to be celebrated at this point.
John Wick? Khockoff. Punisher? Amateur. Batman? Coward.
Time to shoot those sense-offenders down. With style.

Best Backpack Ever
Best Backpack Ever
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Super excited for Killua. Lil dude pushes 16 tons just to get through his front door and with ease!

No Cole McGrath pls.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:47 pm
My main issue was that it wasn't an Omnislash finish (Given how, y'know, Cloud won). I did like the nods to both series though, like Cloud using multiple Materia (Off the top of my head he used Blizzard, Thunder, Barrier and Haste Materia) as well as pretty much all of his Limit Breaks (The only one I couldn't accurately pinpoint was Omnislash itself), Guts using his Crossbow, Cannon, Mini Bomb and of course the Berserker Armor, and even a neat little nod to the death animations of Final Fantasy Bosses for the death (Where Guts fades out just like an FF boss does when they die). All in all, better than expected.
Transcode #003: Mega Man! EM Wave Change, Geo Stelar, on the air!

Wave Battle, Ride On!
So Darwin was Wrong...
So Darwin was Wrong...
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:50 pm
Omnislash was in the fight.
"It's not that I don't like it or that I hate it, it's that I don't like it and I hate it."

Party Demon
Party Demon
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:50 pm
It was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. It flowed really well, both characters got to show off a numbers of their abilities, and it didn't feel like either one was dominating the whole fight.

The only thing that I had some problems with was that close up of Cloud. Eyes do not look like that.
Final Jaws
Final Jaws
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:11 pm
Pretty damn cool. While I'm obviously sad that the superior quality lost, the fight itself made up for it.

Also, I really appreciate seeing Guts fight without the CLANG.
The King comes for the W.
PreviousNext

Return to DEATH BATTLE!